+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 152 of 209 FirstFirst ... 52102142150151152153154162202 ... LastLast
Results 1,511 to 1,520 of 2083

Thread: January transfers

I found it hard to believe also hence why stating it as gossip and not claiming it as factual

apparently he's already on 4 and a bit K per week

Quote Originally Posted by RedStarTorphins View Post
    https://twitter.com/agentscotland/st...75648?s=21What

May has assisted 2 of Cosgrove’s goals
    It's not just goal assists when he is playing as a second striker though is it ?
    Not that I think it's hugely relevant to the argument how many assists has McGinn provided specifically for Cosgrove if that's your point ? Just to add I've always been a supporter of McGinn.

Call me a dafty if ye like, ye winna be the first, but I reckon our creativity in midfield, and attacking options would be boosted by swapping Max Lowe and Shinnie .... Shinnie as LB supporting Left Wing, Max Lowe and Ferguson breaking up opposition moves and feeding our front 4 ...

Get Lowe signed up ... and if Shinnie leaves ... find a left back of similar make-up. And whilst we're at it ... find a right back who can do the same job on the other side of the field ... like Logan used to do! (Yeah I'v sang Logan's praises in the past - recent past even - but ... I want to see a team which can switch from 4-4-1-1 to 2-1-4-3 as soon as we are comfortable on the ball ... and I reckon RB and LB are key to a team able to withstand pressure, dictate midfield, stay strong on the offense, and create openings on the break.)

Quote Originally Posted by Macaroni_Pie View Post
    I could see McLennan being used in preference to May & McGinn, both of who provide adequate cover for any of the forward positions.

Personally, I'd rather GMS stayed. He's a decent player and could work in the same team as McLennan. Better than taking a gamble on a replacement and I've always believed that consistency is better than constant change in a team.
    I don’t think McInnes will do that this season though,he might start playing McLennan more next season over McGinn if GMS is still here.

I read on another forum that McGinn contributed to 9 of the goals we scored in December so he still brings something to the team.

Same goes for May, he doesn’t necessarily create chances or make assists but Cosgrove seems to benefit more from his work rate.

McLennan has also done well but I just get the feeling he is the one who will play less now GMS is back and we have signed Stewart.

Here is the 9 goals McGinn contributed to in December before anyone asks

Huns - His cross into the box
    Livi at home - Score and His corner for winner
    St Mirren - His corner leading to pen. His freekick for 2nd
    Dundee - Crosses for 3rd and 4th goals
    Hearts - Cross leads to the pen
    Celtic - wins the pen.

Quote Originally Posted by rico94 View Post
    Here is the 9 goals McGinn contributed to in December before anyone asks

Huns - His cross into the box
    Livi at home - Score and His corner for winner
    St Mirren - His corner leading to pen. His freekick for 2nd
    Dundee - Crosses for 3rd and 4th goals
    Celtic - wins the pen.
    Having McGinn attacking at teams is an advantage. I like McGinn attacking.

Quote Originally Posted by rico94 View Post
    St Mirren - His corner leading to pen.
    Celtic - wins the pen.
    Honest query.
    Do they go down as assists?

Quote Originally Posted by afc1903mad View Post
    Honest query.
    Do they go down as assists?
    Nobody said they were assists, clearly says contributed to.

Quote Originally Posted by canarydon View Post
    Nobody said they were assists, clearly says contributed to.
    I didn't say rico claimed they were.
    I just opened up a genuine question to try and understand who gets awarded the assist.

It could be a good consideration of where our creativity comes from.

I would say that an 'assist' is the last telling contribution before a goal is scored, for example - a cross that is then scored, or the final pass before the goal is scored, or winning a penalty.

It may not be as clear cut as that, I'm not sure what criteria the league and press use for that to be honest - I've seen Jordan Jones noted as someone who 'regularly' provides assists for Kilmarnock - I think they quoted 8 for the season. For me that is not regular, its not even one every two games.

Page 152 of 209 FirstFirst ... 52102142150151152153154162202 ... LastLast