+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 65 of 209 FirstFirst ... 1555636465666775115165 ... LastLast

Thread: January transfers

Great being lectured on expectation levels from other Aberdeen fans. Makes a change from the ‘weegia’ doing it

Quote Originally Posted by afc1903mad View Post
    I can only reflect that you are either spoilt or bitter.
    Fortunate to grow up in our most successful era and spoilt by that success or bitter that you just missed out on it.
    Facts are that our “success” in our history is one trophy every 6 or so years, boosted by that fantastic period of time.
    Outwith that anomaly, we average something like 1 in 9 years.

On that basis, finishing 2nd in all competitions shows we are competing, at least better than everyone else and with 1 trophy in 5 years, relatively more successful than the norm / average.

Do I want to be more successful? Of course I do. I don’t expect us to be more successful though and get the pleasure when we are competing.
    Why don't you expect us to be more successful?

Quote Originally Posted by Pacman1903 View Post
    I was taking the piss

But if we are this great team some think we are with the right man in charge we should be winning it
    “great team some think” .........not many of my chums.....FFS, yourself and a small core of others have had a blind hatred of our coach , whether he refused to sign your autograph books is f uck all to do with most dandies on here.......in the real world working with what he has at his disposal, in most dandy’s opinions he surely is getting pass marks?
    bm

SF

Quote Originally Posted by Jackjarvis View Post
    “great team some think” .........not many of my chums.....FFS, yourself and a small core of others have had a blind hatred of our coach , whether he refused to sign your autograph books is f uck all to do with most dandies on here.......in the real world working with what he has at his disposal, in most dandy’s opinions he surely is getting pass marks?
    bm

SF
    Yup JJ nail on the head. My hibs supporting best mate cannot believe the flak Mcinness gets on here. He does have faults. Taken him a helluva time to realise we need to play 2 up front for example but surely deserves passmarks for keeping us in the position we are in with the finances available to him.

Quote Originally Posted by Aldo1983 View Post
    Why don't you expect us to be more successful?
    For a number of obvious reasons.
    Expectations for me on this subject is bordering on entitlement and I do not believe we are entitled to anything.
    success will only come with a lot of hard work and also a bit of luck.
    The weighting of budgets across the clubs only makes this a much tougher task.

Is it your expectations that we are entitled to be more successful?

Quote Originally Posted by afc1903mad View Post
    I can only reflect that you are either spoilt or bitter.
    Fortunate to grow up in our most successful era and spoilt by that success or bitter that you just missed out on it.
    Facts are that our “success” in our history is one trophy every 6 or so years, boosted by that fantastic period of time.
    Outwith that anomaly, we average something like 1 in 9 years.

On that basis, finishing 2nd in all competitions shows we are competing, at least better than everyone else and with 1 trophy in 5 years, relatively more successful than the norm / average.

Do I want to be more successful? Of course I do. I don’t expect us to be more successful though and get the pleasure when we are competing.
    I'm not bitter. i'm 35 and pretty much only seen a sh@te Aberdeen its what I'm used to

So my age rules out being spoilt too

What my beef is and its nae a blind hatred. It started last season when he changed his team of the back of a 9 game unbeaten streak to get steam rolled by the pigs. Were celtic good last night. Yes. Did they work for it. Not a chance. That was the straw that broke the camels back. It proved he hadn't learned from previous do-ins. I was actually vocal in my support for him prior to last season. I have said it plenty of times on here why I don't want him as our manager. Brown started to steady the ship. McInnes built on it and I thank him for that. I have always said that. Football is about winning. Trophies is what it should be about. Not for our chairman or our manager or chunk of our fanbase. Bridesmaids is fine to them. Whats the point in making us not sh@te if we don't have the balls to try and go one step further. Im not saying we would succeed but id rather die trying then sh@te it v the best team game after game. McInnes had a great opportunity to challenge a weak pigs under Ronnie the Rocket. That team was there for the taking. He failed. He also had a chance last season as they were average. Its the closest he's come I believe off the top of my head. 9 points. If he had the balls in games v them and didn't go soul searching which led to us getting pumped three times by sevco in 8 weeks we could maybe have done it. He does not believe his team can win every game as the way he sets up proves. Also by the way he never learns from his mistakes and continually makes the same ones. His record v celtic makes for f@cking horrific reading too. Do you think a r*****s or celtic manager would ever get away with that mentality. Their fans would want f@cking blood. We accept it. Well some of us do. Some of us accept a defeatist attitude and unfortunately two of those are the chairman and manager. We have had a chance to challenge and win cups in an era where the league has been considerably poorer, we haven't taken it under McInnes as he doesn't believe we can do it.

Folk will nae doubt bring up McGhee, Brockville, 9-0 and all the usual sh@te but we are in the McInnes era. We are not in the doldrums now. But the McInnes era success is measured in silver medals. The old "ach at least we are nae sh@te anymore" approach. Thanks for taking us forward Derek. I appreciate it. But you wont take us further.

If celtic get 10 in a row. Its not because they bust a gut to get them. Its because they were allowed to and we will be complicit in that
    Last edited by Pacman1903; 07-01-2019 at 04:22 PM.

I see Brenda is commenting on the need for Scott Alan and Lewis Morgan to go out on loan.

Allan, who will be 28 later this year, has played a grand total of 88 games in his career.

That's an amount that I"d expect someone of around 20 years of age to have played.

Quote Originally Posted by Feck_the_Huns View Post

Allan, who will be 28 later this year, has played a grand total of 88 games in his career.
    that is an astounding stat

Quote Originally Posted by Pacman1903 View Post
    I'm not bitter. i'm 35 and pretty much only seen a sh@te Aberdeen its what I'm used to

So my age rules out being spoilt too

What my beef is and its nae a blind hatred. It started last season when he changed his team of the back of a 9 game unbeaten streak to get steam rolled by the pigs. Were celtic good last night. Yes. Did they work for it. Not a chance. That was the straw that broke the camels back. It proved he hadn't learned from previous do-ins. I was actually vocal in my support for him prior to last season. I have said it plenty of times on here why I don't want him as our manager. Brown started to steady the ship. McInnes built on it and I thank him for that. I have always said that. Football is about winning. Trophies is what it should be about. Not for our chairman or our manager or chunk of our fanbase. Bridesmaids is fine to them. Whats the point in making us not sh@te if we don't have the balls to try and go one step further. Im not saying we would succeed but id rather die trying then sh@te it v the best team game after game. McInnes had a great opportunity to challenge a weak pigs under Ronnie the Rocket. That team was there for the taking. He failed. He also had a chance last season as they were average. Its the closest he's come I believe off the top of my head. 9 points. If he had the balls in games v them and didn't go soul searching which led to us getting pumped three times by sevco in 8 weeks we could maybe have done it. He does not believe his team can win every game as the way he sets up proves. Also by the way he never learns from his mistakes and continually makes the same ones. His record v celtic makes for f@cking horrific reading too. Do you think a r*****s or celtic manager would ever get away with that mentality. Their fans would want f@cking blood. We accept it. Well some of us do. Some of us accept a defeatist attitude and unfortunately two of those are the chairman and manager. We have had a chance to challenge and win cups in an era where the league has been considerably poorer, we haven't taken it under McInnes as he doesn't believe we can do it.

Folk will nae doubt bring up McGhee, Brockville, 9-0 and all the usual sh@te but we are in the McInnes era. We are not in the doldrums now. But the McInnes era success is measured in silver medals. The old "ach at least we are nae sh@te anymore" approach. Thanks for taking us forward Derek. I appreciate it. But you wont take us further.

If celtic get 10 in a row. Its not because they bust a gut to get them. Its because they were allowed to and we will be complicit in that
    WOW, certainly comes across as a bitter post.

What am I bitter about?

I just think the manager is the wrong man.

Its the equivalent of changing wines when eating as the wine you are drinking doesn't go. How is that bitterness
    Last edited by Pacman1903; 07-01-2019 at 04:30 PM.

Page 65 of 209 FirstFirst ... 1555636465666775115165 ... LastLast