+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 96 of 209 FirstFirst ... 46869495969798106146196 ... LastLast

Thread: January transfers

Quote Originally Posted by Don_Corleone View Post
    I think the only reason Rangers would want him is to make us weaker and to wind us up. I don't see how Gerrard would be interested in having Shinnie in his squad. He's got heaps of midfielders and will surely spend money on bringing in a left back at some point if he deems Wallace not suitable. Doesn't strike me as a Gerrard type signing. Also can't imagine him wanting to go there. I can accept him wanting a fresh challenge and wanting to make some extra cash in the next 3-4 years, but Rangers is 1) not a fresh challenge as they're in the same league and basically battling it out at the same level as us, and 2) may make him some extra bucks for a year or so, but will effectively ruin his career as he'll end up rotting away in their reserves or on the bench, before ending up back at Aberdeen, or somewhere like Hibs or Hearts. I do get the impression that he will move on though, but I'd expect it to be down south.
    As said, sevco have an absolute glut of central midfielders (12 at the last count). Slippy G has already told Wallace he is surplus to requirements and free to leave if he wants, he has 3 players in front of him for the left back spot in Barisic, Flanagan and even Halliday. Cant see them wanting another left back, though Shinnie would probably leap over Flanagan and Halliday in the pecking order.

Oh and Shinnie was definitely a hun as a young loon.

So Shinnie, AFC captain and local lad is a Hun? Well I never...

Mr_Grieves will be turning in his grave.

Quote Originally Posted by tencaat View Post

Oh and Shinnie was definitely a hun as a young loon.
    In the build up to the Hibs semifinal two years ago, when up against his brother, the two of them did a Sky TV interview and talked about their upbringing in Aberdeen. When asked about who they supported as kids, Graeme was very evasive and shifty, which I thought strange at the time.

Also, in interviews lately, it’s almost like he already knows where he’s going next season - “it will all become clear very soon” or along those lines. Clearly, it’s not here.

For what it’s worth, I think there is zero chance of him going to Sevco. Maybe the move after, he might go there, but not now.

Quote Originally Posted by Don_Corleone View Post
    I think the only reason Rangers would want him is to make us weaker and to wind us up. I don't see how Gerrard would be interested in having Shinnie in his squad. He's got heaps of midfielders and will surely spend money on bringing in a left back at some point if he deems Wallace not suitable. Doesn't strike me as a Gerrard type signing. Also can't imagine him wanting to go there. I can accept him wanting a fresh challenge and wanting to make some extra cash in the next 3-4 years, but Rangers is 1) not a fresh challenge as they're in the same league and basically battling it out at the same level as us, and 2) may make him some extra bucks for a year or so, but will effectively ruin his career as he'll end up rotting away in their reserves or on the bench, before ending up back at Aberdeen, or somewhere like Hibs or Hearts. I do get the impression that he will move on though, but I'd expect it to be down south.
    I doubt that he would "end up back at Aberdeen" if he signed for them...If he goes then hell mend him

Quote Originally Posted by nice1simmy View Post
    Nae need to apologise pal,i may be wrong as well but i've heard from someone who knew him as a kid that he was a hun growing up
    I concur with this from what I've heard (rather than what I know firsthand), both the brothers were Huns...

If the huns speak to Shinnie then its clearly just to weaken us and piss us off.

As others have said they have a million central midfielders currently and considering they have two who have not even debuted yet (Davis and Kamara), Arfield and Dorrans on high wages and Jack was MOTM in their last game then it would be ridiculous.

I've not even mentioned: Coulibaly, McRorie, Halliday, Holt, Docherty and probably forgetting others on top.

*Rossiter

Quote Originally Posted by Feck_the_Huns View Post
    In the build up to the Hibs semifinal two years ago, when up against his brother, the two of them did a Sky TV interview and talked about their upbringing in Aberdeen. When asked about who they supported as kids, Graeme was very evasive and shifty, which I thought strange at the time.

Also, in interviews lately, it’s almost like he already knows where he’s going next season - “it will all become clear very soon” or along those lines. Clearly, it’s not here.

For what it’s worth, I think there is zero chance of him going to Sevco. Maybe the move after, he might go there, but not now.
    I agree with this.
    For what it's worth, I think he'll end up at a Sunderland/Sheff Wed/Hull type club for double (at least) what we could offer.
    I wouldn't rule out him returning to the Dons in a couple of years.

GMS will be offski too - whether that's England or America, who knows, but I'm 99.9% sure that if either were going to re-sign, it would've been done long ago.

And despite the sound bites from Derek McInnes, he'll be planning for life without them....or at least he SHOULD be.

Losing Shinnie in particular looks bad
    McInnes has openly described him as "the heartbeat" of the team.
    How will he replace that?

Going by the last two or three windows, not optimistic he can.

Quote Originally Posted by Aldo1983 View Post
    So Shinnie, AFC captain and local lad is a Hun? Well I never...

Mr_Grieves will be turning in his grave.
    It seems like we've got more Dons in the West Coast than we have up here. I'm blaming the Oil and Gas Industry for this anomaly up[ here.

Thank the Lord for the West Coast Reds (and wherever you reside away from Aberdeen)...

McInnes will know the players are leaving.

He is managing the situation to the best of his ability. Obviously underpinned by the assumption that the masses are better off not knowing they are leaving.

The only starting XI players that McInnes has ever resigned for us in their last few months of contract is Logan and Considine.

Every other re-signing has been well in advance

Page 96 of 209 FirstFirst ... 46869495969798106146196 ... LastLast