+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 195 of 209 FirstFirst ... 95145185193194195196197205 ... LastLast
Results 1,941 to 1,950 of 2083

Thread: January transfers

Quote Originally Posted by Aldo1983 View Post

I'd rather we didn't sign anyone if that's the shortlist.
    Boom
    There ya go Aldo

Basically whats happened is. We have depleted our squad depth and nothing else.

Better than having a borrowed celtic player

Strange window in many ways. Will just have to give it time and see how it pans out.

Important ones for me were no loans from Celtic, although no lack of trying by DM. No stupid Chidi or Jeffrey Monokana type panic signings
    Last edited by Feck_the_Huns; 01-02-2019 at 05:58 AM.

Superb statement of intent.

Quote Originally Posted by Feck_the_Huns View Post
    Oh dear. A lot of pants being pissed tonight, LOL.
    An astounding performance in the window by our club simply astounding, no wonder they have to work 2 windows in advance, I mean to say to produce that sort of deals and business in a transfer window is amazing, i'm actually surprised they just need two windows to plan for that, a lesser group of expert coaches and recruiters would probably need 4 or 5 windows to produce that standard, but fair play to our illustrious manager and his superb recruitment and scouting staff they can do it in only two ffs.

Outstanding

SF

Quote Originally Posted by thebeachend View Post
    Superb statement of intent.
    This to me is the big thing.
    Forget the fact that we let go some squad players. That isn't the issue. If they weren't playing and we need them to get regular games, putting them on loan is exactly what thats for.

The issue is that yet again, in January, we are a kick in the @rse off the top of the league with a great chance of actually pushing for the title, and what do we do? Absolutely jack sh!t.

It's getting harder and harder to support the manager and in particular the board, as all they seem to think we are good enough for, is tucked in nicely behind the two cheeks of the same @rse.

Sick of this, absolutely sick of it.

Quote Originally Posted by awafaehame View Post
    This to me is the big thing.
    Forget the fact that we let go some squad players. That isn't the issue. If they weren't playing and we need them to get regular games, putting them on loan is exactly what thats for.

The issue is that yet again, in January, we are a kick in the @rse off the top of the league with a great chance of actually pushing for the title, and what do we do? Absolutely jack sh!t.

It's getting harder and harder to support the manager and in particular the board, as all they seem to think we are good enough for, is tucked in nicely behind the two cheeks of the same @rse.

Sick of this, absolutely sick of it.
    It's simple. The club hope to reach Europe, for a few warm up games, and to the semi final stages of the domestic cups. All at the minimum cost possible. All we've done is cut the headcount and reduce the wage bill. Hope Anderson Wright and Reynolds smash it.

Tansey, Forrester and Reynolds not played in 1st half of season so only really missing Wright and Anderson who are hardly regulars. We have taken in Stewart who has strengthened us and managed to keep Lowe which is great. I would have liked to get 1 or 2 in but if there is nobody available that we wanted then no point in wasting a fee and wages on players that won’t improve us. I can see the similarities with us and Tottenham though which is worrying they have the new stadium coming and not spent a bean in last 2 windows cos of stadium, they also have a good squad but with a couple injuries they then were papped out of 2 cups in a week so hopefully this don’t happen to us. Maybe there is a recall option in the loan deals? Maybe we have a couple younger players ready to step up? Ross getting his 1st appearance in cup may mean he is knocking at the door. A suppose we shall see in coming weeks

There's plenty of plus points in this window...

Stewart signing was good and Lowe staying has also been very good.

Anderson and Wright need to play regular and so does Reynolds (although I think all three are probably finished at the club).

Highlights are definitely folk thinking Hayes would sign for us and missing out on Lewis Morgan has been exceptionally good.

Hoban will be like a new signing is probably the best piece of deflection based bullshit I've ever read on here though.

Quote Originally Posted by Pauldolski10 View Post
    Tansey, Forrester and Reynolds not played in 1st half of season so only really missing Wright and Anderson who are hardly regulars. We have taken in Stewart who has strengthened us and managed to keep Lowe which is great. I would have liked to get 1 or 2 in but if there is nobody available that we wanted then no point in wasting a fee and wages on players that won’t improve us. I can see the similarities with us and Tottenham though which is worrying they have the new stadium coming and not spent a bean in last 2 windows cos of stadium, they also have a good squad but with a couple injuries they then were papped out of 2 cups in a week so hopefully this don’t happen to us. Maybe there is a recall option in the loan deals? Maybe we have a couple younger players ready to step up? Ross getting his 1st appearance in cup may mean he is knocking at the door. A suppose we shall see in coming weeks
    Maybe the plan is for youth to step up.

A couple of injuries and we are thread bare.

If GMS head is elsewhere which it seems to be then we are another player down

Page 195 of 209 FirstFirst ... 95145185193194195196197205 ... LastLast