+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 77 of 209 FirstFirst ... 2767757677787987127177 ... LastLast

Thread: January transfers

Quote Originally Posted by BogBrush1903 View Post
    The one cup that we did win was assisted by the fact that ICT looked just as nervous and unwilling to win the cup as we did...
    Hmmmmm.
    At the time, we were pretty creative with Hayes, McGinn and Pawlett creating well.
    We went into the final without Pawlett and Hayes went off injured in the first 5 minutes, meaning our creativity focused on McGinn and ICT were able to defend well against him (Shinnie at LB in that game) as opposed to having to worry about 3 attacking threats.

It lead to a final which was not as creative as we were (see semi final at Tynecastle) and affected our gameplay at the time.
    Cammy Smith (Hayes replacement was young and raw and was not as effective as Hayes

Did we defend well against Caley? Meaning did our players do the jobs expected of them in the same way Caley players nullified AFC attack. So you agree that the final was a coin toss with both teams looking to stumble over the line. Luckily for us it was our day in the penalty kick lottery.

I'll take any win in a final but that season but we were generally ultra cautious and that's why we finished 3rd. We had the chance to relegate Hearts at Tynecastle and we didn't because we were negative. That's a travesty.

Quote Originally Posted by thebeachend View Post
    Did we defend well against Caley? Meaning did our players do the jobs expected of them in the same way Caley players nullified AFC attack. So you agree that the final was a coin toss with both teams looking to stumble over the line. Luckily for us it was our day in the penalty kick lottery.
    i agree, it was a dull, turgid, frustrating game, not helped by losing two of our most creative players.
    We were pretty lethal in the penalty kicks

When's O'Halloran signing?

Quote Originally Posted by Aldo1983 View Post
    I'll take any win in a final but that season but we were generally ultra cautious and that's why we finished 3rd. We had the chance to relegate Hearts at Tynecastle and we didn't because we were negative. That's a travesty.
    Quote Originally Posted by NaeMairNeeps View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Aldo1983 View Post
    When's O'Halloran signing?
    I really hope not. Would have been happy to see him come directly from StJ, but he has lost his way since moving and would appear to have a questionable attitude. Not for me anymore, stick with Connor.

Quote Originally Posted by afc1903mad View Post
    Rewriting history?

Quote Originally Posted by thebeachend View Post
    I really hope not. Would have been happy to see him come directly from StJ, but he has lost his way since moving and would appear to have a questionable attitude. Not for me anymore, stick with Connor.
    There's room for both of them. O'Halloran playing through the middle. He was good when he went back to St. Johnstone. Sevco was never going to suit him.

I thought we'd started west coast scouting again? Could be wrong.

Bring through youth is a long game, DM has been here around 5 years and we're now seeing a trickle of decent young players coming through.. I'm optimistic about our youth academy.
    I do agree that he could take a bit more risk and play then more often though.

Page 77 of 209 FirstFirst ... 2767757677787987127177 ... LastLast