+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 119 of 209 FirstFirst ... 1969109117118119120121129169 ... LastLast
Results 1,181 to 1,190 of 2083

Thread: January transfers

Quote Originally Posted by Kilgore trout View Post
    I don't think either Rangers and certainly not Celtic will.have him on their radar regardless of his well be plays for us. He has been playing out of his skin for Killie and no one is interested.
    This is the new mellow me so you aren't going to get both barrels.
    What would I be getting both barrels for?

Quote Originally Posted by Don_Corleone View Post
    What would I be getting both barrels for?
    Point taken. I was just a bit taken aback by you describing my post as ridiculous. Money wise it suits Stewart to run out his contract and if we are prepared to the a calculated risk I think it's worth doing so.

that's another one in 2-2

#4in4out

Massively underwhelmed by this signing. Stewart's a decent player and he's been sensational for Kilmarnock over the first half of the season.

However i'm not a fan of loans (something we're far too reliant upon) and i've no confidence he'll be played in the correct position. McInnes is very much a square peg/round hole man, signing players he likes, but doesn't necessarily need.

My gut feeling is GMS will leave before the window closes and Stewart will be pushed wide to the overall detriment of the team. Otherwise i just don't see how he fits into the picture alongside Cosgrove, May, Wilson & Anderson (even if injured for now).

Quote Originally Posted by magictorch View Post

My gut feeling is GMS will leave before the window closes and Stewart will be pushed wide to the overall detriment of the team. Otherwise i just don't see how he fits into the picture alongside Cosgrove, May, Wilson & Anderson (even if injured for now).
    If GMS leaves then I'd imagine McLennan is the natural successor. It'll be perm any two of Cosgrove, May, Stewart, Wilson for the starting places. Given Cosgroves scoring streak then you'd assume that May will be the one switching with Stewart

Quote Originally Posted by Kilgore trout View Post
    Point taken. I was just a bit taken aback by you describing my post as ridiculous. Money wise it suits Stewart to run out his contract and if we are prepared to the a calculated risk I think it's worth doing so.
    I wasn't referring to your whole post mate, it was just really the size of the fee you seemed to be suggesting we'd have had to pay that I thought was ridiculous - I guess neither of us know what it would've been, but I'd have guessed it would've been way less than £400K (Stevie May type fee). Anyway, doesn't matter really... I agree with your above point, it suits Stewart to pick up higher wages for another 6 months, and for the 6 months it probably suits us as we'll probably be paying him less than we would if he was actually our player. The risk is that if he does well he can just walk away and sign for someone else after 6 months. I guess it's a risk McInnes has weighed up and is willing to take, so we'll see how it pans out!

442, 442, 442
    442, 442 442 oo
    442, 442, 442
    442, FOUR FOUR TWO

Quote Originally Posted by magictorch View Post
    Massively underwhelmed by this signing. Stewart's a decent player and he's been sensational for Kilmarnock over the first half of the season.

However i'm not a fan of loans (something we're far too reliant upon) and i've no confidence he'll be played in the correct position. McInnes is very much a square peg/round hole man, signing players he likes, but doesn't necessarily need.

Surely we've not gone to all the bother of getting his parent club to recall him early, only to stick him back on the bench for 5 months with the odd cameo role in the wrong position. I can see us playing him more to his strengths this time with a view to taking him on a permanent deal at the end of the season - unless Birmingham change their mind or somebody else comes in with a ridiculous offer for him.

Quote Originally Posted by campervanbethoven View Post
    If GMS leaves then I'd imagine McLennan is the natural successor. It'll be perm any two of Cosgrove, May, Stewart, Wilson for the starting places. Given Cosgroves scoring streak then you'd assume that May will be the one switching with Stewart
    Yeah I'd imagine (or certainly hope!) that Stewart will play as a slightly deeper forward in a front two, rather than out wide. I'd reckon it'll be Stewart alongside Cosgrove to start with. I'm still hoping Wilson will come good. May works hard and has looked sharper recently, but still never looks like scoring.

Quote Originally Posted by Red_Don View Post
    Surely we've not gone to all the bother of getting his parent club to recall him early, only to stick him back on the bench for 5 months with the odd cameo role in the wrong position. I can see us playing him more to his strengths this time with a view to taking him on a permanent deal at the end of the season - unless Birmingham change their mind or somebody else comes in with a ridiculous offer for him.
    ^^This,surely by signing him we will be playing him in his correct position,surely DM wont be signing him to just play him out of position like last season

Page 119 of 209 FirstFirst ... 1969109117118119120121129169 ... LastLast