+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 17 of 209 FirstFirst ... 715161718192767117 ... LastLast

Thread: January transfers

Quote Originally Posted by Don_Corleone View Post
    I can't see many coming in unless a few leave... but I'm not sure who will leave other than those who go for fees like McKenna and possibly even Ferguson. Cutting our losses on Forrester and Gleeson would be bold given they've only been here 6 months, but they seem like a waste of a wage at the moment. We'll not get rid of Cosgrove or May because nobody will want them. Loaning fringe players out doesn't help much as our squad is quite small as it is.

I'd definitely try and get someone like Scott Allan from Celtic as he's the kind of player we need in midfield. I think Oliver Burke is pie in the sky considering he's had two transfer fees in excess of £10m has he not?! If he goes out on loan it'll be to an English club surely.

As someone else noted, although Wright was poor against St Johnstone, I think we should persevere with him in the no10 role (not on the wing where he can go into hiding) throughout December - give him a chance. Bringing him in for 1 game, then dropping him then bringing him back in and dropping him again is no use.

If we don't pick up some points in December the season is pretty much a write off anyway, so we'd be as well developing the youngsters and saving cash for the summer market rather than desperation signings. Unless the Jan signings are sensational we're not going to be top 3 this season - we'll be fighting for a top 6 spot.
    On Burke - he's had 2 large transfer fees, however he is not playing for West Brom who are 5th in the Championship - he's not even on the bench. Considering our feeling we can get Moult from Preston who is actually playing (be it starting or off the bench) i'd like to think we'd provide a platform for Burke.

West Brom will want to recoup some of the fee they spent, that wont happen while he sits in the reserves. No reason why he can't come up to us, get some game time, rediscover some form that he's lost and they can either re-use him or sell him on. With Derek's ties to the club then maybe just maybe we could negotiate something.

If we don't even try to show a bit of initiative then lord help us as a club. Of course if they want us to pay wages then that's the stumbling block, but got to try IMO.

The £10 Million thing doesn't really bother me since some of us think we have one in our squad already

Can't be any confidence in a successful January window....I would not be willing to give DM any sizeable pot going on the performance of the last few windows. Punt the ****e the squad is made up with and there's your funds. Tansey, Gleeson, Forrester, May, Wilson, Cosgrove, Hoban. It's not good enough. The season is pretty much ****ed lets develop our own kids.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackjarvis View Post
    Sneckers min, as you were part of the red army at Hampden, of the starting line up.....who is on your cull list?
    Remember EU work conditions......for now!
    I think it's time to cut ties/give up on our three main strikers, we need to bin Gleeson and Forrester (sympathy for the lad's loss but he's never looked the part), we need a 10, at least one striker, we need a full-time left back getting on for Lowe"s quality, if Shinnie's future is in central mid then we need a complimentary type in beside him, we need to nurture young Fergie along, having established his best position, IMHO we're flogging him too hard just now..........is my take for starters.

Quote Originally Posted by TheGhostofMicoud View Post
    On Burke - he's had 2 large transfer fees, however he is not playing for West Brom who are 5th in the Championship - he's not even on the bench. Considering our feeling we can get Moult from Preston who is actually playing (be it starting or off the bench) i'd like to think we'd provide a platform for Burke.

West Brom will want to recoup some of the fee they spent, that wont happen while he sits in the reserves. No reason why he can't come up to us, get some game time, rediscover some form that he's lost and they can either re-use him or sell him on. With Derek's ties to the club then maybe just maybe we could negotiate something.

If we don't even try to show a bit of initiative then lord help us as a club. Of course if they want us to pay wages then that's the stumbling block, but got to try IMO.

The £10 Million thing doesn't really bother me since some of us think we have one in our squad already
    Completely agree on Burke - time for the club to show a bit of ambition and imagination for a change

Quote Originally Posted by TheGhostofMicoud View Post

Came on as sub against Villa on Friday night
    Commentator said that West Brom see Burke in future playing more through the middle than out wide

Quote Originally Posted by bucky1973 View Post
    Came on as sub against Villa on Friday night
    Commentator said that West Brom see Burke in future playing more through the middle than out wide
    So that's it, he got 8 minutes for only his 3rd sub appearance of the season and we just give up thinking we can try.

We bemoan that we shop in League 2 for the likes of Cosgrove and Stockley - we took Greg Stewart from Championship, we sold Kenny McLean to the league leaders. Lets at least try? Sell ourselves, we are a club that developed Maddison, Christie and Ward, have great young players like McKenna, and have provided bases for the likes of McLean to shine.

I don't mind through the middle or wide, im sure he'd just be happy to get games, and would definitely give us some impact.

Agree with the vast majority of all the above .... except .. I see somethin in May. He can play, even if nae scorin, but useless if played as a lone striker, charged wi the task o' coverin' the entire opposition half o' the pitch, hopelessly challengin the keeper on passbacks, and given no service. He appears tae be movin a bit mair swiftly this season than he did last.

Hoban? ... dinna see what he's done so wrong tae be written aff ... apart fae bein' injured ... and takin' a wage that, let's face it, is nae gonna be the difference between gettin a new stadium or nae. I would take a gamble on the guy and keep him a wee bit longer.

May? ... he needs tae play. If he needs confidence, then benchin' him does nothin. If he needs game time tae up his match fitness, then benchin him does nothin.

Our problem is that our mid ( particularly our attacking mid ) is ineffective/disjointed. If it was otherwise, then I reckon even fυckin Cosgrove would hae one or two mair goals tae his credit.

I would like tae see May and Anderson play together ... swappin roles over the course o' a game if necessary ... but the mid has tae find some kind o' pattern ... otherwise our striker/s is/are gonna be doin nothin other than damagin good turf for nae reward.

Quote Originally Posted by InversneckieDob View Post
    if Shinnie's future is in central
    It very well could be, but just not at Pittodrie.
    Think both him and GMS will be away either in this coming window or on pre-contract agreements elsewhere for the end of the season.

Hope I'm wrong but its just a gut feeling

SF

Quote Originally Posted by blowupsheep View Post
    It very well could be, but just not at Pittodrie.
    Think both him and GMS will be away either in this coming window or on pre-contract agreements elsewhere for the end of the season.

Hope I'm wrong but its just a gut feeling

SF
    How’s it going lad? I hope the match is on RedTV tonight.
    On your point above I agree...I cannot see either staying with us unfortunately and believe both will get better offers from elsewhere.

Sky Sports are reporting Preston as tracking Gillingham Striker Tom Eaves.
    Could that mean Moult could be available?

Hibs and SevCo are apparently also tracking Eaves

Page 17 of 209 FirstFirst ... 715161718192767117 ... LastLast