+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 143 of 209 FirstFirst ... 4393133141142143144145153193 ... LastLast
Results 1,421 to 1,430 of 2083

Thread: January transfers

Quote Originally Posted by InversneckieDob View Post
    The issue there is Morgan is not very far into a contract paying *insert number far larger than any we'd pay* per week.

Maybe he'd take the pay cut to resurrect his career or whatever, but, particularly after Christie, it's unlikely the Dhims will cut ties this early when they can probably find another club to be their beyatch and do their development work for them.
    Didn't Christie have a significant time left on his contract when he first came here? Something like 2 1/2 years left.
    After 18 months with us, he was entering his last year of his contract and we were close to a deal.

Quote Originally Posted by afc1903mad View Post
    I also read in the clarifications that Kilmarnock matched the loan deal and it became up to the player whether he rejoined Aberdeen or Kilmarnock.
    Interesting that he chose McInnes over Clarke
    It is very interesting.

So, looks like we are paying a higher percentage of his wage than Killie were, but they were latterly prepared to match us. So, Brum gain, phit, £25K out of this??

And, G-Stew could still theoretically sign a pre nupital agreement with Killie for next season? Does reek of sh1t, this one.

Mentioned on the radio last night that G-Stew and McInnes share the same agent. Maybe some Craigy Brown Myles Anderson style "obligements" going on here
    Last edited by Feck_the_Huns; 23-01-2019 at 12:18 PM.

After 18 months with us, he was entering his last year of his contract and we were close to a deal.
    Doubt it

Quote Originally Posted by Feck_the_Huns View Post
    Mentioned on the radio last night that G-Stew and McInnes share the same agent. Maybe some Craigy Brown Myles Anderson style "obligements" going on here
    Myles Anderson - Had to look him up as couldn't recall him playing for Aberdeen.
    13 clubs in 7 years is a helluva movement rate.

I'd struggle to see how an agent could persuade which team to go to when financially it is the same.

I also understand that Greg Stewart had the option to join the Dons permanently, but wanted to keep his options open.
    Maybe he thought that he needs to verify that he fits in and gets played in the no 10 role before committing longer

Quote Originally Posted by Mason89 View Post
    Doubt it
    Fair enough to doubt it, but you don't have any evidence to refute it
    Plenty media reports about being close to a deal without any rebuttal from the player

Quote Originally Posted by 57vintage View Post
    The SFA or SPFL could just change the regulations to prevent players being loaned between clubs playing in the same division. I canna even see where the Tims and the Stinky Infants gain an advantage from this, the authorities' usual reasoning, so just feckin get on with it.
    I think the loan system in itself is fine. It has allowed us to get players we wouldn't have had the chance to sign permanently (Ward, Hector, Maddison, Lowe). 57Vintage's suggestion is spot on but thus far hasn't been commented on in subsequent posts, i.e., no loaning of playing to and from clubs who are in the same division.

I also understand that Greg Stewart had the option to join the Dons permanently, but wanted to keep his options open.
    r
    Source please

Not sure why anyone thinks Lewis Morgan is finished at Celtic. He's had half a season where's he's been injured for most of it.

If he comes to us, he's here to get game time and experience.

We've been told before about making the "step up" yet Morgan's best form was in the Championship. So why is he different?

Quote Originally Posted by Pacman1903 View Post
    Source please
    https://www.eveningexpress.co.uk/fp/...-st-johnstone/

The attacker wants to go into the summer transfer window a free agent to assess his options but McInnes hopes to use the loan spell to persuade Stewart to pen a permanent contract at Pittodrie.
    On Stewart, McInnes said: “We asked the question and would have been keen to do a permanent deal. That is entirely up to Greg though.

“Greg and his representative felt that he wanted to be a free agent come the end of the season and have a look at it.
    “Both clubs fought hard to get him and thankfully Greg chose to come here and we are delighted to have him.

“Who knows if it is longer term.

“Certainly if Greg does as well for us, as I am sure he will, then I am sure he will look at us as an option.

“If Greg is in the building hopefully that can help us maybe try to convince him to stay longer.”

Fair enough to doubt it, but you don't have any evidence to refute it
    Plenty media reports about being close to a deal without any rebuttal from the player
    Im not the one making the bold claims. You’ve no evidence to back it up. I’d imagine he was as close to signing a contract with AFC as I am just now

Page 143 of 209 FirstFirst ... 4393133141142143144145153193 ... LastLast