+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 144 of 209 FirstFirst ... 4494134142143144145146154194 ... LastLast
Results 1,431 to 1,440 of 2083

Thread: January transfers

Quote Originally Posted by Mason89 View Post
    Doubt it
    It's like Hayes signing a new contract to get us transfer money. You can spin any ****e that didn't happen.

It doesn't matter even if we were close, he didn't sign for us. Not sure why that's chubby inducing news.

Quote Originally Posted by afc1903mad View Post
    Myles Anderson - Had to look him up as couldn't recall him playing for Aberdeen.
    13 clubs in 7 years is a helluva movement rate.

I'd struggle to see how an agent could persuade which team to go to when financially it is the same.

I also understand that Greg Stewart had the option to join the Dons permanently, but wanted to keep his options open.
    Maybe he thought that he needs to verify that he fits in and gets played in the no 10 role before committing longer
    Didn't we take Myles Anderson to AFC on loan as a sweetener to Nick Blackman's agent, in order to lure the latter to the club?

That worked out well, as I recall.....

Im not the one making the bold claims. You’ve no evidence to back it up.
    I've pointed to the facts there are many links on the internet suggesting that a deal was close.
    It came up again with Greg Stewart and why they prioritised Christie over Stewart because they thought they were close to completing the deal.
    There is not one response to such claims clarifying otherwise or refuting the reports.

Evidence enough for me to suggest that we were close.
    Not that it matters as we know that as a result of what happened at Celtic, the deal did not go through.

I’d imagine he was as close to signing a contract with AFC as I am just now

Hardly
    Evidently he was in the building, so he was much closer that you are now or indeed have been of late

Fair dos min. I hadnt seen that.

Well played on Stewarts part forcing McInnes as he may have been signed and played at centre half or right back knowning McInnes.

Then invevitably rueing his mistake

Quote Originally Posted by Pacman1903 View Post
    Fair dos min. I hadnt seen that.

Well played on Stewarts part forcing McInnes as he may have been signed and played at centre half or right back knowning McInnes.

Then invevitably rueing his mistake
    Different time.
    At the time Christie was keeping Stewart out of the no10 role.

Quote Originally Posted by afc1903mad View Post
    Different time.
    At the time Christie was keeping Stewart out of the no10 role.
    Nobody was keeping shinnie out of LB or Rooney out of CF but McInnes seemed to think so

McInnes said: “Ryan was a big player for me at Aberdeen. His intention was to try and be good enough and to be ready to go back and compete and play more regularly for Celtic and he has played a big part in a resurgence of Celtic results over the last month or so. I think like any youngster it is about making the most of your opportunity and he has had to wait, but some things are worth waiting for. For what I have seen he has been very influential and has been scoring goals so he is now doing for Celtic what he was doing for us on loan. Good on him because he is such a brilliant boy. He works extremely hard and it is good to see his patience and determination rewarded.”

Quote Originally Posted by blowupsheep View Post
    That and the fact that Cosgrove is actually sh1te

SF

I wonder if Dodgy Del will go with him up front on his own tonight...if so, expect a long night watching the football.

Quote Originally Posted by Aldo1983 View Post
    McInnes said: “Ryan was a big player for me at Aberdeen. His intention was to try and be good enough and to be ready to go back and compete and play more regularly for Celtic and he has played a big part in a resurgence of Celtic results over the last month or so. I think like any youngster it is about making the most of your opportunity and he has had to wait, but some things are worth waiting for. For what I have seen he has been very influential and has been scoring goals so he is now doing for Celtic what he was doing for us on loan. Good on him because he is such a brilliant boy. He works extremely hard and it is good to see his patience and determination rewarded.”
    In other words he had no intention of signing for us. Well done Derek McInnes

Rodgers said: “I can’t blame Derek for wanting to have a player of that quality, of course, but it’s not a discussion really. The plan was always for Ryan to come back. I looked at it last summer after he’d spent six months on loan to Aberdeen, working with Derek at a fantastic club, under pressure, and asked, ‘Is it better him to play 40-plus games for them or play between five and 10 for me?' He’s needed the development. And that plan hasn’t changed for me. We had a call back in January if we’d wanted him but I always felt a year playing out, working on his game and his physical strength, on preparing week in week out for games would benefit him and benefit Celtic and I believe he has made the most of that.o the plan will be for him to come back and reintegrate into the squad here over the summer and he has a year left on his contract so we’ll look at it from there.”

Page 144 of 209 FirstFirst ... 4494134142143144145146154194 ... LastLast