+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 56 of 209 FirstFirst ... 646545556575866106156 ... LastLast

Thread: January transfers

That’s very strange deals the Huns have made,maybe Jones could be a good signing but Kamara isn’t going to get much game time for them,especially if they sign Davis.

As far as we go apparently Reynolds,Hoban and Devlin are all back in training so a defender might not be signed,probably an attacking midfielder and a young striker on loan from England.

Quote Originally Posted by Aldo1983 View Post
    The Huns might have made a few signings but Jones and Kamara will be lost playing there imo.

Get Joe Shaughnessy signed up.
    Not in the slightest bit concerned about any of the sevco signings so far. 2 geriatrics and the 2 pre-contracts wouldn't be automatic first choices for us.

As for Shaughnessy......it will be a left sided CH we require if/when McKenna is sold. And really doubt Shaughnessy would come back to us knowing that he would be only a back up to Devlin. He could probably get a gig at a mid table EFL 1 side for at least as much as we could pay anyway....maybe even a touch more.

Lowe played 90 minutes for Derby today in much changed team in the FA cup against Southampton. Had a quick look at Derby fans forum so any comments generally average to negative. No harm to Max but if he isn't quite cutting the mustard I continue to hope he may be back for second half of season.

Quote Originally Posted by rico94 View Post
    That’s very strange deals the Huns have made,maybe Jones could be a good signing but Kamara isn’t going to get much game time for them,especially if they sign Davis.

As far as we go apparently Reynolds,Hoban and Devlin are all back in training so a defender might not be signed,probably an attacking midfielder and a young striker on loan from England.
    We definitely don’t need a central defender.
    Devlin, McKenna (assuming he stays), Considine, Hoban & Reynolds.

McInnes has publicly said he’d like a direct replacement for Max Lowe.
    So an attacking left back might get signed.

I’d expect (disappointingly) 2, maybe 3 loanees from England.

Quote Originally Posted by RedStarTorphins View Post
    We definitely don’t need a central defender.
    Devlin, McKenna (assuming he stays), Considine, Hoban & Reynolds.

McInnes has publicly said he’d like a direct replacement for Max Lowe.
    So an attacking left back might get signed.

I’d expect (disappointingly) 2, maybe 3 loanees from England.
    I would like another Max Lowe type left back but with Devlin,Reynolds and Hoban back he might put good old Consi back to left back.

Plus Hoban can play there.

Quote Originally Posted by rico94 View Post
    I would like another Max Lowe type left back but with Devlin,Reynolds and Hoban back he might put good old Consi back to left back.

Plus Hoban can play there.
    I know, I’m just thinking that McInnes said he’d like a similar type of left back.
    The thought of Considine plodding up & down the line (slowly) isn’t a good one.

I know, I’m just thinking that McInnes said he’d like a similar type of left back.
    We already have a guy who can play decent at left back and get forward to put balls in the opposition box but our manager and most of our fans would rather use him as a sitting midfielder.

I'm not a Considine hater by any means - I recognise his limitations etc but I think generally he has done okay for us. I do however see that it is an obvious position where we could improve our starting 11, as displayed by the difference Lowe made in the time he was here. I'd like to see a similar style left back brought in - I imagine it'll be on loan, but would be great if we could source one permanently.

Quote Originally Posted by Red Zone View Post
    Lowe played 90 minutes for Derby today in much changed team in the FA cup against Southampton. Had a quick look at Derby fans forum so any comments generally average to negative. No harm to Max but if he isn't quite cutting the mustard I continue to hope he may be back for second half of season.
    And Kenny McLean got the full 90 minutes for Norwich today. Yet some people on here continually saying we should get him back on loan to give him games. As i have repeatedly said before, that's not happening.

Quote Originally Posted by Don_Corleone View Post
    Yeah that's a fair point... but you could say the same about signing anyone... what if we sign any winger and it means McLennan doesn't get as many games, or if we sign another striker and it pushes Anderson further down the pecking order etc. I suppose the manager needs to get the right blend of experience and youth in the team. Currently it's not bad. Young players will probably develop better by training and playing alongside better experienced players, providing they still get game time.

I'm not saying I'd necessarily target Hayes though, just that I would be happy enough if we did get him, as I think he's a proven player at this level who is likely to be better than the vast majority of realistic options.

Scott Allen would offer something different, but in the current 442 formation i'm not sure he'd really fit in. His attitude seems to be questionable too, although that might be partly down to the fact he's got next to no chance of ever getting a game at Celtic.
    I agree we dont need to sign a winger with us having maclennan but anderson is out for at least 2-3 months so a striker is a priority in my opinion rather than a winger,i still think GMS will sign an extension to his contract

Page 56 of 209 FirstFirst ... 646545556575866106156 ... LastLast