+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 18 of 209 FirstFirst ... 816171819202868118 ... LastLast

Thread: January transfers

Quote Originally Posted by afc1903mad View Post
    Sky Sports are reporting Preston as tracking Gillingham Striker Tom Eaves.
    Could that mean Moult could be available?

Hibs and SevCo are apparently also tracking Eaves
    Eaves Pudding if he heads to Sevco

Quote Originally Posted by RedStarTorphins View Post
    Agree with a lot of that.
    Not sure I get the apparent love-in a few have with Scott Allan though?
    He seems to have had far too many clubs for one so relatively young? Bad attitude?
    He's the type of player we need though, a "no 10" - we haven't replaced either Christie or McLean
    As good as young Lewis Ferguson has been, he's not a "10" in my opinion - in old fashioned shirt number speak, he's maybe a "box-to-box 8"

Agree that Oliver Burke is probably pie in the sky
    However, there is a need for a right winger IMO as Niall McGinn has looked a shadow of the player we had 18 months ago.

And the perennial problem of goal scoring needs addressed.
    As difficult as it may be to offload players that are under contract or on loan may be, I think we need to freshen up the striking options.

So, in my ideal world, we'd have a right winger, a "10" and a first pick centre forward brought in (& keep hold of Max Lowe, putting Andy Considine on the bench)
    The trouble is, it tends to be short-term loans in January, so again in the summer, it will be mass recruitment.
    No “love in” for Scott Allan for me. I’m well aware of his flaws and the fact he’s a risk.

He is however, also exactly the type of creative midfielder we are crying out for, and one of the few of that quality we could realistically sign - hence we should go for it.

If we get the Scott Allen who was at Hibs we’ve won a watch. If not then he’s a dud - but that’s the gamble.

It’s up to DM to get the best out of the boy - that’s his job. Popcorn teeth managed it.

Unless DM can come up with a better option on our budget (I can’t) then he’s worth the punt...

I'd bring back Greg Stewart for the number 10 role.

Surely only a very minimal fee would be required?

Quote Originally Posted by 87kilos View Post

All very well bringing him back, I agree totally, in fact I didnt want him to leave. However, would we actually play him where he enjoys playing and scores goals?
    We didnt the first time around. What would be different this time?
    I feel that DM buys players then tries to fit them into his system or way of playing, where as some players dont like being stuck on the wing and having to track back non stop to cover for the sh!t defender behind them.

Quote Originally Posted by 87kilos View Post

If it’s a minimal fee why wouldn’t Kilmarnock be able to pay that ?. Where do you think he’d prefer to play somewhere he looks to be enjoying his football or under Derek who will play him out of position for a game then drop him.

Quote Originally Posted by Basingstokered View Post
    If it’s a minimal fee why wouldn’t Kilmarnock be able to pay that ?. Where do you think he’d prefer to play somewhere he looks to be enjoying his football or under Derek who will play him out of position for a game then drop him.
    A lot might depend on how long Stewart feels Steve Clarke will hang around at Killie. I doubt Killie will sustain this level of consistency should the manager head back south.

It's clear, however, that DM will be here long term.

Agree, though, that think the player will move somewhere permanantly in Jan, as opposed to in the summer

Quote Originally Posted by BogBrush1903 View Post
    Eaves Pudding if he heads to Sevco
    It'll be just deserts for the huns if he turns out to be sh1te.

Quote Originally Posted by RED_JOHN View Post
    How’s it going lad? I hope the match is on RedTV tonight.
    On your point above I agree...I cannot see either staying with us unfortunately and believe both will get better offers from elsewhere.
    Hey pal, fit like
    I must confess i had one or two glasses of wine more than I should have I guess and fell asleep and never seen the Livi game, well afterall it is an 11:45pm kickoff for me here in the sandpit, and after Seterday's shambles I was not huddin ma breath about last nights game, and with festive season fast approaching then life in the expat world picks up the pace on the already heavy drinking lifestyle and I'm gettin too old for that sh1t now pal, can no longer burn the candle at both ends
    So wine and sleep won the night for me, but was fair chuffed this morning when I seen the result and have watched the highlights on red tv, decent looking shift, apart from the 2 goals conceded.
    Coodna believe the donkey scored I had to awa for a lie doon when I seen that, but hey as I have said afore even a broken clock is right twice a fkn day ffs, he is still a muppet of the highest order and should released asap.
    As for Shinnie and GMS it is very worrying there does not seem to be anything happening with them as far as contract extensions go or at least nothing is common knowledge up till now.
    I fear they could both me moving on and that would be us well and truly up sh1t creek without a paddle.

Fit like was the red tv picture reception last night by the way

Cheers
    SF
    Last edited by blowupsheep; 12-12-2018 at 12:12 PM.

Cosgrove is still a poor player but credit where it's due he was very good last night.

Amazing what difference it makes if you play a target man and actually get players up close to them.

I really hope we continue to play two (at least) up top, play with one and they have to be one hell of a player - one we can't afford.

Quote Originally Posted by DonUnder View Post
    Cosgrove is still a poor player but credit where it's due he was very good last night.
    See lines 8 and 9 of my post above

Page 18 of 209 FirstFirst ... 816171819202868118 ... LastLast