+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 67 of 209 FirstFirst ... 1757656667686977117167 ... LastLast

Thread: January transfers

Quote Originally Posted by afc1903mad View Post
    There's plenty of bitterness in that rant.
    There is also a fair amount of truth in it, however the risk of the unknown if McInnes was replaced for me far outweighs the lack of us being unable to compete against a club who have better players than we do.

Quote Originally Posted by WatsonNimrod View Post
    There is also a fair amount of truth in it, however the risk of the unknown if McInnes was replaced for me far outweighs the lack of us being unable to compete against a club who have better players than we do.
    Outweighs or weighting of?

That's the point though. You can't move forward without taking a risk. And if we just say "oh well Celtic have better players anyway" what's the point in turning up in games against them?

Quote Originally Posted by mondo_notion View Post
    Linked with us a while back was he not?

Saying that, everyone and their dog gets linked with everyone else and their dog these days.
    I think he was just linked on here to be honest. I said a while ago he would be a good player for us then he went to the Huns. He was as pish as someone like Jones will be there. Doesn't mean he wouldn't be good for us. It's a no brainer provided he wants to come back to Scotland. Exactly what we need.

Quote Originally Posted by Aldo1983 View Post
    I think he was just linked on here to be honest. I said a while ago he would be a good player for us then he went to the Huns. He was as pish as someone like Jones will be there. Doesn't mean he wouldn't be good for us. It's a no brainer provided he wants to come back to Scotland. Exactly what we need.
    Perhaps, I can't remember but I do remember thinking he would be a good fit for us at the time.

Makes you wonder about all these so called rumours you hear.

DM and the club get a bit of a bashing for even contemplating going for Kenny Miller. He was spotted going in to Pittodrie one night when there was some charity dinner on and apart from that who knows if contact was even made.

Same with Ryan Gauld although he is a local-ish lad but still, nobody really knows what is being done in the background.

Quote Originally Posted by mondo_notion View Post
    Perhaps, I can't remember but I do remember thinking he would be a good fit for us at the time.

Makes you wonder about all these so called rumours you hear.

DM and the club get a bit of a bashing for even contemplating going for Kenny Miller. He was spotted going in to Pittodrie one night when there was some charity dinner on and apart from that who knows if contact was even made.

Same with Ryan Gauld although he is a local-ish lad but still, nobody really knows what is being done in the background.
    Miller said there was when he went to Livi. He said he had interest from St Mirren and us but wanted a crack at management
    Last edited by Pacman1903; 07-01-2019 at 07:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by JuanFatche View Post
    That's the point though. You can't move forward without taking a risk. And if we just say "oh well Celtic have better players anyway" what's the point in turning up in games against them?
    I'm just not sure we can move forward with the resources we have and I don't feel that is defeatist, don't get me wrong I am not always in favour of the tactics, but I just don't see a manager out there who would genuinely improve us (maybe Steve Clark?) and I don't want us to turn into the likes of Hibs and Hearts who are up and down from one week to the next.

The last two performances against Timothy give me hope of things to come.

I'm just not sure we can move forward with the resources we have and I don't feel that is defeatist, don't get me wrong I am not always in favour of the tactics, but I just don't see a manager out there who would genuinely improve us (maybe Steve Clark?) and I don't want us to turn into the likes of Hibs and Hearts who are up and down from one week to the next.

The last two performances against Timothy give me hope of things to come.
    Call me idealist, but we're the only club in one of the richest cities in Europe. We should have far more resources than we do. The problem is the chairman is too myopic and believes a strong Rangers is the solution to all our problems. He's holding us back, and despite McInnes' record, he is too. His record only proves he's better than what came before, it doesn't mean he's doing as well as he could be.

Quote Originally Posted by JuanFatche View Post
    Call me idealist, but we're the only club in one of the richest cities in Europe. We should have far more resources than we do. The problem is the chairman is too myopic and believes a strong Rangers is the solution to all our problems. He's holding us back, and despite McInnes' record, he is too. His record only proves he's better than what came before, it doesn't mean he's doing as well as he could be.
    Cannot argue with the above

Quote Originally Posted by Aldo1983 View Post
    Whilst being released so quickly by a club in Australia doesn’t look particularly good or bode well, if GMS is away I’d agree he’s worth a punt as we’ll be lacking pace and width.

Similar to Scott Allan, it’s a gamble, but again like Allan he’s proven at SPFL level at a team outside the cheeks and if we got the St J version we’d win another watch.

Does DM think he has the ability to get that player to appear in a Dons shirt? I guess we’ll know the answer to that one in this window...

Page 67 of 209 FirstFirst ... 1757656667686977117167 ... LastLast