+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 126 of 209 FirstFirst ... 2676116124125126127128136176 ... LastLast
Results 1,251 to 1,260 of 2083

Thread: January transfers

Quote Originally Posted by blowupsheep View Post
    I also quite like Morgan as a player, but if this one happens I will also be totally hacked off, if we do another "Christie" like loan we would all be as well pack it right in, what is the fkn point of going down that road all over again.
    Will be fkn raging if this comes to pass I will almost be as fkn hacked off as I was on the day we signed the fkn donkey ffs

SF
    WHAT'S THE POINT! The signing of loan players is a necessary evil in the game these days. Celtic and Rangers will do it in order to get better players into the first team squad than they could afford normally. That is the feckin point of having Christie last year which incidentally helped us achieve 2nd place in the league.

Why should AFC be any different to any other team in the world?

Quote Originally Posted by Bridieeater View Post
    WHAT'S THE POINT! The signing of loan players is a necessary evil in the game these days. Celtic and Rangers will do it in order to get better players into the first team squad than they could afford normally. That is the feckin point of having Christie last year which incidentally helped us achieve 2nd place in the league.

Nothing wrong with loans imo but you honestly think loaning a player from Celtic is a good idea?

I assume you don't think it's worthwhile trying to win the league or any of the cups then?

I liked the bit where he scored the winning goal in a cup final against us, after we developed him for the best part of two years. That was great fun

Quote Originally Posted by Aldo1983 View Post
    Nothing wrong with loans imo but you honestly think loaning a player from Celtic is a good idea?

I assume you don't think it's worthwhile trying to win the league or any of the cups then?
    They can get to f@ck if they sign a pig on loan

We made a player of theirs better for a year and a half who then went on to defeat us in a cup final.

If he comes i wont be back until hes gone

Quote Originally Posted by Bridieeater View Post

Are you having a laugh min, you honestly don't see anything wrong in taking a player on loan from Timothy and developing him into a better player and at the same not being able to play them against their parent club, aye, right OK then.
    Never said Aberdeen should be any different when it comes to loaning players in our out, I just tend to think that taking one in on loan from any club in the same league is fkn ridiculous, but if you are fine with than then fair enough, each to their own and all that p1sh.
    For me if we do it again we would all be as well pack it all in tomorrow, I would be left askign myself what is the point in AFC and where is our ambition

But hey ho what the fk do I know

SF

Quote Originally Posted by Mason89 View Post
    I liked the bit where he scored the winning goal in a cup final against us, after we developed him for the best part of two years. That was great fun
    ^^^this^^^

I also reeks of utter laziness. "Oh hes available lets take him". No scouting required as per usual

Not contributing on this individual example but loaning players in the same league/competition is ridiculous.

OK so they can't play against their parent club. But they could (say) injure a player their club is playing next, hear about potential signings , injuries, disquiet.

Any other walk of life it would be a conflict of interests.

Quote Originally Posted by Pacman1903 View Post
    I also reeks of utter laziness. "Oh hes available lets take him". No scouting required as per usual
    Absolutely. Also, no long term contracts, no fees paid, percentage of wages covered etc. It's a cheaper option than building a team. A loan or 2 is OK, from a different league, max.

There should be a set time you can loan players for as well. The Huns having Defoe for 18 months is ridiculous

Page 126 of 209 FirstFirst ... 2676116124125126127128136176 ... LastLast