+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 129 of 209 FirstFirst ... 2979119127128129130131139179 ... LastLast
Results 1,281 to 1,290 of 2083

Thread: January transfers

Quote Originally Posted by afc1903mad View Post
    The reference to Christie is one of hindsight.
    By all intensive purposes, it sounded like we were a gnats baw hair away from signing him last summer.
    Only due to Celtics own abject failure in the transfer market, did they retain them as cover and even then he only featured as a last result.
    To be fair to Christie, he made a telling contribution in their cup game against Hearts turning the game around has not looked back since.

But I get the thoughts on why we should not sign Celtic players, however I would caveat that with any loan from them should have a buy option at the end.

If we were to get Morgan on a years loan with an option to buy at the end of the loan, then that should be considered.
    But we didn't sign Christie and I'm not 100% convinced we nearly signed him either. Celtic are notoriously difficult to deal with and knew fine well they got the better deal. There's no way they would loan rivals a player with a buy option.

That's definitely not going to happen with Morgan. They didn't pay x amount to then sell him to us down the line for less money.

Immaterial? It’s the whole point of the discussion ffs

If you want to cheer on Celtic players & watch them develop, then the reality is there’s a better place for that.

Quote Originally Posted by Aldo1983 View Post
    But we didn't sign Christie and I'm not 100% convinced we nearly signed him either. Celtic are notoriously difficult to deal with and knew fine well they got the better deal. There's no way they would loan rivals a player with a buy option.

That's definitely not going to happen with Morgan. They didn't pay x amount to then sell him to us down the line for less money.
    Its all ifs and butts, but signing John McGinn, might have went a long way to having a different outcome.
    Losing Armstrong to Southampton and failing to get Roberts back was all contributing factors

Its all ifs and butts, but signing John McGinn, might have went a long way to having a different outcome.
    Losing Armstrong to Southampton and failing to get Roberts back was all contributing factors
    Again though, it's not ifs and buts, we didn't sign him. We definitely didn't sign him and we definitely didn't have any agreement to sign him.

Quote Originally Posted by Mason89 View Post
    Immaterial? It’s the whole point of the discussion ffs

If you want to cheer on Celtic players & watch them develop, then the reality is there’s a better place for that.
    Only when it suits you.
    Your point of rather finishing bottom six regardless of where we obtain players from is completely ludicrous.
    That would mean leaving games having won fewer games or drawing where we could have won.

I'd far prefer we were as successful as we can be and win as much games as we can, understanding we work within a budget that means we generally have a better likelihood loaning in some players.

Like I said, the Christie outcome is all well and good in hindsight and I caveated that preferably, any loan deals from "Celtic" players should have a buy option at the end.

We almost signed Christie and had we did so and he returned to the form he's shown hindsight would have shown that to be a fantastic piece of business.

By all intensive purposes, .
    Intensive purposes

Is that something similar to "by all intents and purposes"

Just asking

SF

That wasnt my point though. I’ve told you my point.
    Last edited by Mason89; 22-01-2019 at 10:22 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Aldo1983 View Post
    Again though, it's not ifs and buts, we didn't sign him. We definitely didn't sign him and we definitely didn't have any agreement to sign him.
    You are fantastic at stating the obvious and using hindsight to suit your needs where it applies.

Quote Originally Posted by blowupsheep View Post
    Intensive purposes

Is that something similar to "by all intents and purposes"

Just asking

SF
    Fair enough.

:Yawn:

You are fantastic at stating the obvious and using hindsight to suit your needs where it applies.
    Did we sign him? Did we almost sign him?

Page 129 of 209 FirstFirst ... 2979119127128129130131139179 ... LastLast