+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 130 of 209 FirstFirst ... 3080120128129130131132140180 ... LastLast
Results 1,291 to 1,300 of 2083

Thread: January transfers

Quote Originally Posted by afc1903mad View Post
    Fair enough.

:Yawn:
    To be fair, that was funny.

Quote Originally Posted by Aldo1983 View Post
    Did we sign him? Did we almost sign him?
    I refer you to my earlier post

You are fantastic at stating the obvious and using hindsight to suit your needs where it applies.

The reference to Christie is one of hindsight.
    By all intensive purposes, it sounded like we were a gnats baw hair away from signing him last summer.
    Only due to Celtics own abject failure in the transfer market, did they retain them as cover and even then he only featured as a last result.
    To be fair to Christie, he made a telling contribution in their cup game against Hearts turning the game around has not looked back since.

But I get the thoughts on why we should not sign Celtic players, however I would caveat that with any loan from them should have a buy option at the end.

If we were to get Morgan on a years loan with an option to buy at the end of the loan, then that should be considered.
    We didn't sign him and I don't believe for a second AFC were ever close to the signature of a young, sellable asset expecting 8-10k a week in wages. It's fanciful to suggest otherwise.

Quote Originally Posted by blowupsheep View Post
    Intensive purposes

Is that something similar to "by all intents and purposes"

Just asking

SF
    I let it go. You'll now be policed by the grammar stasi

I refer you to my earlier post
    I don't think you understand what hindsight means.

To be honest the loan situation doesn't really make a lot of difference to us as we very seldom sell top players for a profit (barring Hayes), more often than not they run the contact down and we get nothing, as proved just now. You could argue that we provided the game time and training to get Mulgrew ready for Celtic. If they were allowed to play against their parent club it would make all the difference.

We are always going to lose players to the Glasgow clubs like everybody else in the league, the only way to stop the loan situation is to limit the amount of players clubs can have in their squads, but that is never going to happen.

Hindsight has nothing to do with it.

I boycotted every game Christie was liable to play in ( that first season)

Mind you I had very few agree with me.

Borrowing a Celtic player?
    What a f'uckin disgrace.

Quote Originally Posted by Mason89 View Post
    He probably figured that being on a higher rate for a fortnight, would mean less money than his job for life. That’s how numbers work.
    Is that how you think it works ?......that a manager only gets paid his wages for the time until he'd sacked

And you call McInnes thick ?

Who was it that got the job at the time, Grayson or Coleman? You’ll notice neither are still there & both would’ve been in more than McInnes was being offered. Obviously they would’ve paid him off but he’d still get more at AFC by being bang average in his comfy job.

He is thick as shyte but he would’ve been mental as well to go there at that time

Quote Originally Posted by Mason89 View Post
    Who was it that got the job at the time, Grayson or Coleman? You’ll notice neither are still there & both would’ve been in more than McInnes was being offered. Obviously they would’ve paid him off but he’d still get more at AFC by being bang average in his comfy job.

He is thick as shyte but he would’ve been mental as well to go there at that time
    Can you not help yourself from bullsh-1tt1ng ?....is it an addiction ?

Page 130 of 209 FirstFirst ... 3080120128129130131132140180 ... LastLast