+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 147 of 209 FirstFirst ... 4797137145146147148149157197 ... LastLast
Results 1,461 to 1,470 of 2083

Thread: January transfers

Quote Originally Posted by Aldo1983 View Post
    I was told we were signing someone before our next game. Can't see that happening now.
    4.5 hours to go... unlikely! Hopefully someone else in by the weekend though. If we get 1 more in of decent quality, and hold on to McKenna, Shinnie & GMS til end of the season, we'll be in a decent position squad wise.

Quote Originally Posted by thebeachend View Post
    What is the definition of close? An enquiry being met with a no? No transfer figure ever mentioned. A player with 1yr deal remaining at 9k/week and ready to come to aberdeen for half that figure. Why?
    You are saying Rogers is lying?
    Never a chance of Christie being a permanent signing. Nothing more to add on this, we all have our view, I reckon DM was bull****ting. Give me a shout when we pay upwards of 1/2M for a player at 10k/week. Or were Celtic suddenly going to be doing us a favour?
    My post got deleted. Christie was receptive to a move he isn't anymore.

I read your post. He may well have been, but it's Celtic who hold his registration. DM may have been keen, but it doesn't make it close. The fact is he is not here irrespective of how close or otherwise. I think borrowing Morgan may happen.

A player with 1yr deal remaining at 9k/week and ready to come to aberdeen for half that figure. Why?
    How long had GMS on his Celtic contract before he joined us?
    1 Year I believe and probably played more for Celtic than Christie had

Quote Originally Posted by afc1903mad View Post
    In fairness Celtic wanted rid of him.

ridiculous comparison. one is an asset and the other was being shown the door

ridiculous comparison. one is an asset and the other was being shown the door
    Christie was not in the plans until Celtic failed to capture their targets.
    He was kept as coverage and only featured in October due to injuries and suspensions.
    Start of the season he was either not in the squad or on the bench, occasionally getting substituted on.
    Indeed in the first 10 games (all comps) he featured in a total of 62 minutes out of the 900 played (not including injury times)

Had Celtic signed the midfielders they were after, he'd have been further down the pecking order and likely to be punted.
    Failing to get McGinn, Selling Armstrong, failing to get Roberts back all contributed to them holding on

Ach well, just missed oot then...

Christie was not in the plans until Celtic failed to capture their targets.
    He was kept as coverage and only featured in October due to injuries and suspensions.
    Start of the season he was either not in the squad or on the bench, occasionally getting substituted on.
    Indeed in the first 10 games (all comps) he featured in a total of 62 minutes out of the 900 played (not including injury times)

Had Celtic signed the midfielders they were after, he'd have been further down the pecking order and likely to be punted.
    Failing to get McGinn, Selling Armstrong, failing to get Roberts back all contributed to them holding on
    Yup a series of unfortunate events including mostly the injury to Brown resulting in McGregor being moved to holding midfield coupled with an injury to Nitcham. Thereby leaving Christie as basically their only option.

Came back to this thread hoping for some new transfer news... only to find this debate about whether or not we nearly got Christie is still raging on! haha None of us know whether we nearly got him or not - you could substantiate a guess in either direction, but it's a bit of a pointless exercise.

Better to focus on speculating which players we might sign in the next week - equally pointless, but more exciting!

Page 147 of 209 FirstFirst ... 4797137145146147148149157197 ... LastLast