+ Visit Sheffield United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: S H I T midfielders binned. Blades on fire

S H I T midfielders binned. Blades on fire

Anyone with half a brain could see the problem from Burton last season. At last we are back to pre Coutts injury.We will fly now.
    Countless posts and posters identified the problem. At long last properly rectified with Norwood in, Evans and Lundstrum out. Fleck reborn again and Coutts back in a few weeks.
    Great credit to Wilder for seeing the problem and dealing with it.
    Would have kept Lenny but not losing sleep over it. Looking forward to seeing the pace and aggression of Washington and Johnson.
    Looking very,very good.

Lundstram was very good when he came on for FLECKY yesdi,anyone wi half a brain could see that Sean.Obviously he aint good enuff to start in that midfield nar but as i say he was very good yesdi.That first hour especially, was very special indeed.I was a delighted HAPPY CLAPPER again but i won't get carried away,hopefully FLECKY's not badly injured and 2 weeks rest does him good rather than bein on Jock duty.UTCB

Think Lundy is going to be one of that great line of Blades players who everyone thought garbage when they first played and ended up being a big part of the club.

Would love that to be the case. We'll have the answer in a few months.

Quote Originally Posted by Longshortandtall View Post
    The three who played yesterday proved they can go onto be the best in the division. Fleck plays better with Duffy and both were unplayable in the first half. Norwood is Coutts mark 2 when we had the Holy Trinity in full flight last season we were top of the league. Duffy and Sharp are integral parts of the team. Our win ratio with them starting is higher than any other midfield or forward combination. If they'd started against Swansea we would be top of the league now but not going to get greedy just enjoying the moment.

It was noticeable when Fleck and Duffy were substituted our game dropped off and Grealish came into the game more. Enjoyed Lundstrams tackle on Grealish but I don't see him as a top end championship midfielder. He is half a yard slow in pace and thought. When he has time he can pass a ball but the best midfielders make time and I don't see any improvement in his game from last season. Coutts will provide competition when he returns but we are still short of an adequate replacement for Fleck when he's not in the team or injured. Something we can hopefully address in January.
    Lundy probably won't be a top end Championship player or regular starter for us nar but he's far from bein as bad as Sean meks out in my view,same wi Evans as i've said before Norwood is in a different class to both.UTCB

Quote Originally Posted by Longshortandtall View Post
    The three who played yesterday proved they can go onto be the best in the division. Fleck plays better with Duffy and both were unplayable in the first half. Norwood is Coutts mark 2 when we had the Holy Trinity in full flight last season we were top of the league. Duffy and Sharp are integral parts of the team. Our win ratio with them starting is higher than any other midfield or forward combination. If they'd started against Swansea we would be top of the league now but not going to get greedy just enjoying the moment.

It was noticeable when Fleck and Duffy were substituted our game dropped off and Grealish came into the game more. Enjoyed Lundstrams tackle on Grealish but I don't see him as a top end championship midfielder. He is half a yard slow in pace and thought. When he has time he can pass a ball but the best midfielders make time and I don't see any improvement in his game from last season. Coutts will provide competition when he returns but we are still short of an adequate replacement for Fleck when he's not in the team or injured. Something we can hopefully address in January.
    Early days and not taking anything away from Coutts, but in some respects Norwood offers more because of his dead ball deliveries and I believe in time will weigh in with more goals.

Wonder how it would play out with a fully fit Coutts and Norwood both starting? Would it work? Too alike?

Quote Originally Posted by mahatmafoot View Post
    Think Lundy is going to be one of that great line of Blades players who everyone thought garbage when they first played and ended up being a big part of the club.
    No one will ever beat Lee Sanford in that department.

Quote Originally Posted by seanbeanstattoo View Post
    Anyone with half a brain could see the problem from Burton last season. At last we are back to pre Coutts injury.We will fly now.
    Countless posts and posters identified the problem. At long last properly rectified with Norwood in, Evans and Lundstrum out. Fleck reborn again and Coutts back in a few weeks.
    Great credit to Wilder for seeing the problem and dealing with it.
    Would have kept Lenny but not losing sleep over it. Looking forward to seeing the pace and aggression of Washington and Johnson.
    Looking very,very good.
    Please come and say this on V-I-T-A-L

Having given jonny L a hard time early season i feel the need to say he was excellent when he came on for the last half hour saturday. Credit where credit is due. Hope i am ultimately proved wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by haich1889 View Post
    Having given jonny L a hard time early season i feel the need to say he was excellent when he came on for the last half hour saturday. Credit where credit is due. Hope i am ultimately proved wrong.
    For me it aint a case of bein r8 or wrong it's a case of givin someone some praise when it's warranted whether ya like em or not and as ya say Lundy did very well when he came on. Wiout injuries or suspensions he aint gunna get many starts but then who knows who may be leavin in January. UTCB

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast