+ Visit Sheffield United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Awright Blades, what's this Leonard fella like.....

Awright Blades, what's this Leonard fella like.....

it seems that you have not had him for long but are happy to see him go, Our gaffer is pretty savvy so he must know something. Any info will be helpful. See you have had a good start, mind you it is a long race.

Personally speaking I would rather have kept him, better player than Lundstram who has had too many chances. Did not really get a chance here. I think he will be very good for you lot

Sad to see him go, he only recently got a chance in his best position, defensive midfield, and started to look the part. I think he will
    do well for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Blade for Life View Post
    Sad to see him go, he only recently got a chance in his best position, defensive midfield, and started to look the part. I think he will
    do well for you.
    somewhat disappointed to see him leave. looked like he was gaining confidence. will be a good asset for the Lions.

Quote Originally Posted by book em danno View Post
    somewhat disappointed to see him leave. looked like he was gaining confidence. will be a good asset for the Lions.
    Thanks lads, overall seems to be a positive, Neill Harris has had his eye on him when he was playing for the Shrimpers. You did not need him today though, good win against the Villa.

Sorry to see Leonard go but it all comes down to finances moving one player out in a position that we are deep in to bring into an area where we are weak.
    You will be very happy with Leonard wish we could have kept him. The Lions are stronger with him in the side good luck!

Quote Originally Posted by claw84 View Post
    it seems that you have not had him for long but are happy to see him go, Our gaffer is pretty savvy so he must know something. Any info will be helpful. See you have had a good start, mind you it is a long race.
    He's a perfect fit for you. Solid, hardworking, athletic and box to box. Can play in defence too. Come January he'll be worth more than the £1.5m agreed fee because he'll play regularly and do well.

I think it's a poor decision from us to sell him, and I don't think Wilder wanted to. But Leonard wanted the move and a double your money offer at this stage is a decent one.
    Last edited by herbert; 01-09-2018 at 10:08 PM.

Strengths
    Leonard is an athlete, bet he’s a good 400m runner because he’s pretty quick and also has good stamina.
    He’s versatile, decent at most things, so he can play midfield, defensive midfield, right back and can also cover as centre back.
    Apparently he also has a good humble attitude and is a team player, was captain at Southend so must have leadership qualities too.
    He also has a decent record popping up with occasional goals, especially long range shots.

Weaknesses
    Good allrounder but doesn’t excel in anything
    Not the highest quality regards ball control and passing

Conclusion
    Think he’s one of them players that’s too good for league 1 but possibly not good enough for the Championship.
    We generally used him as Mr Versitility filling in for injuries or as sub and he was always OK, never great, never poor but he tended to choose the easy/ safe option. However in these things it depends how a player is used within a team, could be a good fit for Millwalls style.
    Last edited by almostsignedmaradona; 04-09-2018 at 04:34 PM.