+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Match Thread vs. Forest Green Rovers 01/09/18

Another 3 shipped

'kin Notts. Just as I'm thinking we might scrape a draw.

6th game in a row we've conceded at least 3 goals.

Last 6 years. Team finishing 22nd
    2018 Morcombe 46
    2017 Newport 48
    2016 Newport 43
    2015 Hartlepool 45
    2014 Wycombe 50
    2013 Dagenham 51

Think we will be ok, long way to go, but the team is a shambles, and we can't do much with personnel, until January.

7 points adrift of half-way, 9 behind the play-offs, 12 behind auto, as it stands.

At least Fword are losing.

Quote Originally Posted by upthemaggies View Post
    Other than the fact Fletcher had Kewell top of his list, the most interesting passage was when Hardy was talking about Nolan not being the same person he first employed
    Yes I noticed that, he also said it was 'sad to see' or words to that effect. Read into that what you will.

I also seem to remember hearing AH say Nolan chose the players but AH had requested attractive football this season, something which at risk of becoming like a stuck record worries me, because it doesn't get you promotion and actually doesn't even improve gates if you're not winning.

All that's left is to hope Kewell can work some magic.

Holy jesus we are shocking... Only one place we are going now... 19 conceeded in 6 home game! That is abysmial

Pavis and Dunnett both needed the 3rd full season at the helm to get promotion.
    We'll need this season to change the style of play and then begin to translate that into results. Going to be a hard two/three months ahead before we begin to turn it around I think.

Quote Originally Posted by upthemaggies View Post
    Pavis and Dunnett both needed the 3rd full season at the helm to get promotion.
    We'll need this season to change the style of play and then begin to translate that into results. Going to be a hard two/three months ahead before we begin to turn it around I think.

They had Short and Yates, Needham and Stubbs respectively. We've got the Chuckle Brothers.

It's now a worse start than the Dearden in admin campaign (and they won game 7 to move onto 5 points), we're equal with Kiwomya who went on to lose game 7 before winning game 8.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast