+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: Match Thread vs. Forest Green Rovers 01/09/18

If you keep picking the same bunch of utter inept dickheads in defence... you will keep getting the same result.

I'm ****ing sick of it

Quote Originally Posted by upthemaggies View Post
    Brief summary of what Hardy said....

Evident from meeting after Newport that board had lost confidence in Nolan but felt they owed him Lincoln game.
    Performance more than the result at Lincoln was the factor.
    Nolan wasn't the same Kevin Nolan that came into the club during pre-season.
    5 that came in summer were all Nolans choices. He didn't want to sign any defenders.
    Kewell - plays sort of game that Hardy wants to see Notts play, brilliant coach, won't divulge compensation sum,
    20,000 miles on his car this week, 8 managers interviewed, Bowyer impressive but not ready to come back.
    Lost directors. John has been friends for 15 years and also close to Nolan and felt awkward, important friendships stayed in tact but Hardy not happy about the twitter post he made, Fletcher (who was helping with recruitment) has a lot of other commitments. Harry Kewell was top of Fletchers list so that's not why he went.
    Hardy made a lot of contacts in football since becoming chairman.
    Sunday 10am announcement for technical director.
    Paul Hart no.1 academy manager in the country, Paul's a great guy but he's at Luton.
    Loan players who didn't sign at last minute circumstances changed, one players wife having baby, another to Championship, it was a bad Friday. Didn't want to bring in players for the sake of it, talking to players out of contract next week.
    Given how terrible we are, and the unbalanced squad Nolan has left us with, the more I think it was absolutely the right decision to sack him.
    Last edited by cher1; 01-09-2018 at 04:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by GranthamPie View Post
    If you keep picking the same bunch of utter inept dickheads in defence... you will keep getting the same result.

I'm ****ing sick of it
    It's a big problem made worse by the timing of KN's departure leaving so little time to identify and pick up loaners. It's going to take some inspired young 'un / recruitment of the out of contracters to turn this around because sure as sh!t these muppets aren't up to it.

I've deleted sidders post because I think, on reflection what I said was probably best left unsaid, not because Sid said anything wrong. So I've reported myself really :-D
    Last edited by cher1; 01-09-2018 at 04:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by SolSigns View Post
    It's a big problem made worse by the timing of KN's departure leaving so little time to identify and pick up loaners. It's going to take some inspired young 'un / recruitment of the out of contracters to turn this around because sure as sh!t these muppets aren't up to it.
    Yep, agree with that too, but I suppose Hardy was in a difficult position because he had to give Nolan a chance with squad he'd created.

Absolutely shocking.

Or he actually may have been suffering from stress, had other health problems or just felt miserable because things weren’t going well.

Either way, he was sacked because the results were ****e. No real need to look further than that.

Quote Originally Posted by The_Don_ORiordan View Post
    Or he actually may have been suffering from stress, had other health problems or just felt miserable because things weren’t going well.

Either way, he was sacked because the results were ****e. No real need to look further than that.
    Players at fault

Quote Originally Posted by Bohinen View Post
    Looking at the script, if Crossley had won this, and then Kewell had lost the next one, people would be on his back from the start (clutches at straws). Some of these players should never play for Notts again, Jones top of the list. I would have Crossley on his bike too, if he's been coaching them.

****, I have committed the classic bedwetter error there.
    You are right though that some players should not play for the club again which it would not bother me if we did not see the following again;

Jones - Shocking positional awareness today and deserved the red for that challenge.
    Fitzsimmons - Cant kick, can’t command his area and can’t save simple shots.
    Hussin - Woeful at free kicks and corners all wasted today.
    Hewitt - Never ever play centre back again please. Midfield yes.

The positives were that Milsom came into the side and made a difference. Why he was allowed to leave who knows.

The man of this match for me was Jon Stead. At 35 years old he showed more enthusiasm, endeavour, commitment and desire than what we have seen from any player this season. Those on here who constantly criticise him should have seen today what he does bring to the team. He scored and would likely have got a second if it was not a deflection off a Notts player. He worked tirelessly and gave 100%. A consummate pro.

Some of the other players should be ashamed of themselves for us having to rely on a 35 year old striker to bring the game alive.

Quote Originally Posted by MAD_MAGPIE View Post
    You are right though that some players should not play for the club again which it would not bother me if we did not see the following again;

Jones - Shocking positional awareness today and deserved the red for that challenge.
    Fitzsimmons - Cant kick, can’t command his area and can’t save simple shots.
    Hussin - Woeful at free kicks and corners all wasted today.
    Hewitt - Never ever play centre back again please. Midfield yes.

The positives were that Milsom came into the side and made a difference. Why he was allowed to leave who knows.

The man of this match for me was Jon Stead. At 35 years old he showed more enthusiasm, endeavour, commitment and desire than what we have seen from any player this season. Those on here who constantly criticise him should have seen today what he does bring to the team. He scored and would likely have got a second if it was not a deflection off a Notts player. He worked tirelessly and gave 100%. A consummate pro.

Some of the other players should be ashamed of themselves for us having to rely on a 35 year old striker to bring the game alive.
    Spot on, we looked a slightly better unit when Stead came on. I think we will see a lot more of him hopefully when Kewell takes full charge.

Which begs the question what’s the best striking option between Hemmings, Dennis and Stead ( I think he’s our leading scorer on 4?)? It’s not the right time but would like to see more of Campbell when hopefully things settle down.

I’m also thinking Enzio maybe a better option off the bench, at times it’s like playing with 10 men.
    Last edited by keldsyke; 01-09-2018 at 05:01 PM.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast