+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Things that should never happen again...

Things that should never happen again...

1. Daniel Jones play for Notts County
    2. Duffy and Brisley play for Notts County
    3. Hewitt play anywhere in defence.
    4. Noor Husin play for Notts County.
    5. Ross Fitzsimmons play for Notts County.
    6. Scandalous recruitment.

Absolutely atrocious.

Unfair on Husin. The rest is 100% correct. I'd also add that Hardy should never promise anything ever again. He's failed this summer to sign anything that we needed and even on Friday failed to sign the players we need.

I've seen Husin a fair few times now and the ONLY thing he does consistently well is lose possession or boot the ball out of play. His 3 freekicks (from good positions) when he came on today were awful.

It's just basic stuff...worrying.

Promotion Big Al, you are having a Larf surely, anymore of these type of performances and the National League awaits, Harry Kewell or not.

This set of players are not fit to wear our shirt no matter how much they are supposed to have cost.

In a word or two they are s Disgrace to The Club.

Crossley has just said that Kewell is excited because he thinks we have some good players!!!..... pmsl

Everyone's gutted today, but I'm going to try to sound a different note.

Fans should recognise we aren't going out of L2 this year, at either end of it. But we're much better off than 2 years ago when we did have the squad/owner/manager to send us out the league. There's too much on the books now to worry about 23/24th. Comfortably.

For the promotion goal, most fans identified up front and on the wings as the priority areas for recruitment. Sure, many have been mentioning centre defence for a long time now, but Duffy, Brisley and the defence overall had a pretty good record last year. And there's still Hall to come back. It looks like any overhaul of the defence will have to wait til January at the earliest. Why has it collapsed this year, well I think it's got most to do with AH saying Nolan wasn't the same person. That was plain for all to see, no need to focus on unkind rumours, some people don't handle the stress well sometimes.

If Kewell's the man we need, he's probably going to need this season and next to get us up. Patience everyone, we'll get there.

Quote Originally Posted by the_anticlough View Post

Fans should recognise we aren't going out of L2 this year, at either end of it. But we're much better off than 2 years ago when we did have the squad/owner/manager to send us out the league. There's too much on the books now to worry about 23/24th. Comfortably.

For the promotion goal, most fans identified up front and on the wings as the priority areas for recruitment. Sure, many have been mentioning centre defence for a long time now, but Duffy, Brisley and the defence overall had a pretty good record last year. And there's still Hall to come back. It looks like any overhaul of the defence will have to wait til January at the earliest. Why has it collapsed this year, well I think it's got most to do with AH saying Nolan wasn't the same person. That was plain for all to see, no need to focus on unkind rumours, some people don't handle the stress well sometimes.

If Kewell's the man we need, he's probably going to need this season and next to get us up. Patience everyone, we'll get there.
    Stop posting sensible posts. It’s against the board meltdown rules.

Quote Originally Posted by the_anticlough View Post

I certainly don't think we'll be troubling the promotion places this season, but I am worried about relegation. Lose 2 or 3 more and we could easily be 9 pts adrift and struggling to play catch up.

Quote Originally Posted by roweyp View Post
    Unfair on Husin. The rest is 100% correct. I'd also add that Hardy should never promise anything ever again. He's failed this summer to sign anything that we needed and even on Friday failed to sign the players we need.
    Hardy said on the radio earlier that Nolan asked for 5 players and he went out and got them all. Asked whether Nolan wanted to strengthen the defence, he replied that Nolan was happy with his squad and didn't need any defenders.

Quote Originally Posted by The_Don_ORiordan View Post
    Stop posting sensible posts. It’s against the board meltdown rules.
    They might have a point, conceding at least 3 goals a game even at home but playing the same old rubbish in defence week after week. How is it every fan can see the defence needs replacing but various managers can't?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast