+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast

Thread: Wigan Athletic Post Match Thoughts

Animal....do you remember telling me a few weeks ago Moore wasn't a Barnsley 'type' of player when you wanted him gone ?
    Still feel the same ?

Quote Originally Posted by gkotw View Post
    Ah at last, true colours. Took some winkling out but we got there.
    Simply replying the dig , oh sorry did I write the history .

Quote Originally Posted by Back of the net View Post
    Yep and there it is bitter tyke.
    We may well Swap places next season how many millers will troll the Barnsley board suggesting what they need?
    Yep no one is sad enough.
    I’ve always sensed a patronising attitude towards little old Rotherham from you and there it is.
    Brilliant and bitter. 😆
    If you can't take it don't dish it out , simple as that .

Quote Originally Posted by Townerslovechild View Post
    Animal....do you remember telling me a few weeks ago Moore wasn't a Barnsley 'type' of player when you wanted him gone ?
    Still feel the same ?
    Different player at this level Towner , agianst Wimbledon he again looked clumsy and way off the pace .

Since the hat trick at Rochdale he's showing what you guys saw last season , we simply haven't seen anything up to then that gave us any joy to be honest .

Still not certain he's championship level but then again he's young enough to have improvement in him , clearly WBA thought so .

Happy to be wrong , obviously .

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    Different player at this level Towner , agianst Wimbledon he again looked clumsy and way off the pace .

Since the hat trick at Rochdale he's showing what you guys saw last season , we simply haven't seen anything up to then that gave us any joy to be honest .

Still not certain he's championship level but then again he's young enough to have improvement in him , clearly WBA thought so .

Happy to be wrong , obviously .
    He is not Championship level and wont be for at least another season or two, but when the penny finally drops (if it ever does) he will more than likely be Premiership quality.

Quote Originally Posted by BigLadonOS View Post
    He is not Championship level and wont be for at least another season or two, but when the penny finally drops (if it ever does) he will more than likely be Premiership quality.
    They tell me he's the hardest trainer at the club , they have to practically drag him off the pitch , always wanting to work on his game and improve .

Until the German's arrived he hasn't had any great management behind him , Hecky went the week after we signed him and Morais was a total clown .

The German's look the real deal and there's every chance he can improve further given his attitude and willingness to work .

The lad has it all, he just needs the right coaching.

Right now he relies on his strength to much and is a bit stagnant in the box from corners etc and needs to learn how to move a bit more to make space for himself and to make runs into the box and meet the ball and use its pace and use that strength in a more fruitful way.

I'm sure he is being coached to do this but for some reason it is not quite sinking in just yet.

Personally I would just give him DVD's of Didier Drogba to watch every day for the next year and hope some of it rubs off onto him.

Quote Originally Posted by BigLadonOS View Post
    The lad has it all, he just needs the right coaching.

Right now he relies on his strength to much and is a bit stagnant in the box from corners etc and needs to learn how to move a bit more to make space for himself and to make runs into the box and meet the ball and use its pace and use that strength in a more fruitful way.

I'm sure he is being coached to do this but for some reason it is not quite sinking in just yet.

Personally I would just give him DVD's of Didier Drogba to watch every day for the next year and hope some of it rubs off onto him.
    The two German's have a good handle on things , very impressed so far with the way they've gone about things thus far .

He's definitely improved under the German's and you can tell once he got off the mark his confidence levels went up , his body language is more positive .

The system we play is brutal on the group but he's one of those that doesn't feel the fatigue as much as the others in the last 20 minutes given his size and the role he plays .

Gives it everything and you can forgive the chances he doesn't convert because of that , should really be in to double figures if the truth be known rather than the 6 he's got so far .

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    The two German's have a good handle on things , very impressed so far with the way they've gone about things thus far .

He's definitely improved under the German's and you can tell once he got off the mark his confidence levels went up , his body language is more positive .

The system we play is brutal on the group but he's one of those that doesn't feel the fatigue as much as the others in the last 20 minutes given his size and the role he plays .

Gives it everything and you can forgive the chances he doesn't convert because of that , should really be in to double figures if the truth be known rather than the 6 he's got so far .
    animal. If you are going to post on MM at least learn when to and when not to use an apostrophe or GKOTW will have another thing to moan about. It's Germans FFS

To be honest with you Animal I would have loved to have kept him at the club but he was not and is not ready for the Championship at the moment, staying here and us getting promotion would have been the worst thing for the lad because we would have destroyed his confidence playing as we are now because Warny would have played him every game.

The best thing that could have happened for him was to go to you lot.

Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast