+ Visit Aston Villa FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Come back John Terry

Come back John Terry

Player Manager, Bruce has not got a clue! Save our season!

I think your wish might come true. Maybe not as manager yet but it's looking very possible. I can't believe we would let Elphick go without a replacement lined up. Terry's tweet was interesting that put me 80% sure he will return.
    It wouldn't surprise me in the least if he does become our manager if Bruse does get sacked.

The rumour is building up bongo, i would not be surprized to see both Terry and Henry down VP this week once, bruce has gone!

A great attacker and defender running the team is a mouthwatering prospect, but their lack of experience and the huge expectation that comes with managing AVFC sadly is not. Would love JT back in a playing & coaching role as well as club captain but not as manager.

Chris Hughton remains my pick, did a great job at Newcastle and had a 60% win rate when he was sacked for Pardew!

All valid points WCV but if I could choose 1 of them it would be to welcome back Terry,fingers crossed there’s some truth in the rumour I do have a sneaky suspicion though that the Henry thing is far from over,turning down Bordeaux after he stated he wanted club management to remain Martinez no 2 with Belgium doesn’t quite fit with me or is it wishful thinking on my part
    UTV

Be a bit of a kick in the balls for Chester though, losing the armband again. Though after his performances so far this season, a kick in the nads is needed.

Thought Henry had left the Belgium job, I could be wrong, I have history .

He can't come back into the side now. Have a look at the new rules nothing happens after August 31st. Even for no contract and freebies.

All the papers and talk sport all over it now. I heard teams have till 15th Sept to sign out of contract players! Because we have shipped 9 players out on loan, we have spaces in our 23 man squad which complies to EFL rules.

You're right there's a loop hole with the squad size.

I'd be happy to have him back but even so he's not going to walk straight back into the side and fix our problems. How fit is he? Going to take some time to get conditioned. Loves his pies.

I believe he's been looking after himself and was training with Chelsea for a while, even if he played 25 games or so it's worth it for his quality and leadership unless Bruce has a plan B, remember he knows what he's doing

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)