+ Visit Dundee FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: What now for the manager

jeez islay thats alot of the cities dead that will need burned to make that money back!took me a while to work it out but i reckon thats the yanks end game,the cremation industry,if nelms sticks by his "all or nothing stance" then if they dont get their way,the club can once again be in a financial mess and possible death throws.

dont think Nelms has a clue tbh and oor team is right in the s****t the now

He has to be sacked.

Never hated a Dundee manager more, and we’ve had some utter imbeciles over the years. His arrogance is utterly absurd for a man with no managerial experience.

Get him to phuck pronto.

Quote Originally Posted by billymorgan View Post
    He hasn't got a clue how to get us out of this mess. The team needs a confident knowledgeable manager to get the best out of our players,and that ain't McCann.
    I don't know what happens next but something has to change or we are gonna go doon.
    You now starting to accept relegation is a real possibility ?

Could be a certainty in the next few weeks. If we don’t start picking up points.

If we don’t remove him ASAP we’re phucked , had his chance, get somebody in to pish with what we have ,the problem is who????

I believe there is a meeting tomorrow morning, but honestly can't see the yanks sacking mcann so early in the season.

No way will he be sacked tomorrow. We have probably spent all our budget for this season so he continues to be backed at boardroom level . I'm a mccann believer with his football way of thinking but his man management skills look not so good.still think he is the best choice.

Quote Originally Posted by legendno9 View Post
    No way will he be sacked tomorrow. We have probably spent all our budget for this season so he continues to be backed at boardroom level . I'm a mccann believer with his football way of thinking but his man management skills look not so good.still think he is the best choice.
    We don't have the players to play his football way.. especially at the back...Kusunga and Meekings are no nonsense centre halves who kick the ball the way they're facing.. certainly not in the Baresi
    mould he's trying to get them to be...think what annoys most people is he must see that and yet persists in trying it....it will ultimately cost him his job...he has to change and he has to do it now...7 points behind Livvy even at this early stage is very worrying

Quote Originally Posted by islaydarkblue View Post
    In my opinion it now too late to sack McCann as the transfer window is closed. Any new manager coming in would have to make do with the existing players that McCann signed even if they are no use.
    The annual accounts had previously stated that it cost £500,000 as a result of Paul Hartley leaving and being replaced as manager by Neil McCann. I cannot see FPS lashing out another £500k to get rid of McCann and bring in a new manager especially when they need their resources for the new stadium development.
    The idea that a new manager would be hampered by existing players contradicts the 'new manager bounce' everyone talks about. I think the squad is easily good enough to get away from the bottom, the problem is the manager. Club funds should also be irrelevant to the stadium project. If the club can't afford to sack him, can it afford to keep him?

At the moment, mcann is the main problem as dens is not a happy place to work
    He does not speak to some of the senior players, eg odea, and also office staff and even the grounds men !!
    When you have a player like Wighton saying he wants to leave, that tells you what the atmosphere must be like.
    Wighton scored a hat trick for hearts reserves yesterday, must be enjoying his football again.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)