+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Kewell

Kewell

What has the poor guy let himself in for?

Quote Originally Posted by Big Bob View Post
    He's up to his neck in it now whst ever he's let himself in for, but its too late to escape, he probably thought it was not such a big job after meeting Big Al, who on the face of it has sold him a pup. 😥😥

Quote Originally Posted by Big Bob View Post
    This is all Nolans doing Bob..Should have gone at the end of las season..

Anyone know if he can play in goal?

I think today's performance served to further undermine the credibility of Kevin Nolan's (already highly dubious) claims that he would have turned things around given more time. It was pretty much a continuation of the tactics and style of play he had been using this season, and we conceded another three goals and lost to average opposition.

The only positive we might glean from this game is to take it a punctuation mark on the end of the Nolan era, and for players and fans alike to start afresh from Tuesday night. Perhaps the Checkatrade game will be useful for once in allowing Kewell to try out a few ideas and hopefully get a plan in place as to how he will approach the next league game at Exeter.

It's worth remembering at this point that Kewell made a pretty rotten start at Crawley, but eventually got the team organised and went on a good run. In fact, his results at Crawley were almost the mirror image of Nolan's at Notts. While KN started well and declined, Kewell started slowly and got much better.

Kewell has some job on at the lane... we actually made Forest Green look like Real Madrid today, the performances in the last 4 games has been absolutely shocking and embarrassing. If those players can hold their heads up while collecting their pay cheque then they need a serious boot in the ass. I for one can not see an end to this any time soon... it's god damn depressing.

Quote Originally Posted by jackal2 View Post
    I think today's performance served to further undermine the credibility of Kevin Nolan's (already highly dubious) claims that he would have turned things around given more time. It was pretty much a continuation of the tactics and style of play he had been using this season, and we conceded another three goals and lost to average opposition.

The only positive we might glean from this game is to take it a punctuation mark on the end of the Nolan era, and for players and fans alike to start afresh from Tuesday night. Perhaps the Checkatrade game will be useful for once in allowing Kewell to try out a few ideas and hopefully get a plan in place as to how he will approach the next league game at Exeter.

It's worth remembering at this point that Kewell made a pretty rotten start at Crawley, but eventually got the team organised and went on a good run. In fact, his results at Crawley were almost the mirror image of Nolan's at Notts. While KN started well and declined, Kewell started slowly and got much better.
    Hopefully Kewell will have looked at the back 5 and realized they are incapable of playing out from the back. Or maybe he will do a Mick Walker - introduce some young players and get us playing decent football. I can dream, anyway.

Their back training sunday

Quote Originally Posted by irish_pie View Post
    Kewell has some job on at the lane... we actually made Forest Green look like Real Madrid today, the performances in the last 4 games has been absolutely shocking and embarrassing. If those players can hold their heads up while collecting their pay cheque then they need a serious boot in the ass. I for one can not see an end to this any time soon... it's god damn depressing.
    Kewell as an impossible job with that lot Irish . Forest Green will be disappointed they didn't improve their goal difference today. I spent the whole game texting my lad who's in Cork .I was hoping to tell the little Notts County daft lad to bugger off whilst I'm watching the game but to be honest, I had nothing else better to do.

Quote Originally Posted by navypie View Post
    Kewell as an impossible job with that lot Irish . Forest Green will be disappointed they didn't improve their goal difference today. I spent the whole game texting my lad who's in Cork .I was hoping to tell the little Notts County daft lad to bugger off whilst I'm watching the game but to be honest, I had nothing else better to do.
    It's a shame that this shower of crap can't even give the paying fans some kind of value for money you should of joined him over in Cork Navy it's a great city and a cracking night out

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast