+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Better today ......

Better today ......

Looked far better at the back with Dawson in there and we moved the ball about nicely and quickly so all good there. But..................Poncing around at the back with this seemingly fear now of hitting a long ball out of defence caused us unnecessary moments of panic. Also, the goalkeeper appears to have a total phobia of clearing his lines by putting his laces through the ball. On one occasion in the first half, he dinked it over the on rushing forward to Hegazi who had a player on his back on the edge of our box. Then he allowed of all people McClean to chase him down block his clearance which fortunately for us landed on top of the net. Both incidents were totally unforced. Indeed anything Stoke had resembling a chance stemmed from us being careless. But, it was a lot better and Gayle's goals were top drawer. Saddo slunk off contributing nothing and the Dingle reject, missed the penalty, so it all worked out ok in the end but we will get punished if this switching off does not stop. COYB.

We are getting better each game, 2 week break now to work on a few things. WE also the top goal scorers with 15 from 6 games. onwards and upwards COYB

Should keep the usual suspects off Livermore's back til we lose again.
    He was outstanding today.

[QUOTE=Whicka_Mon;39002839]Should keep the usual suspects off Livermore's back til we lose again.
    He was outstanding today.[/QUOTE

Yes that’s all and good but where’s the 27 mill gone that’s what I’d like to know? If anyone on here could shed some 💡

Quote Originally Posted by Joy_Division View Post
    Looked far better at the back with Dawson in there and we moved the ball about nicely and quickly so all good there. But..................Poncing around at the back with this seemingly fear now of hitting a long ball out of defence caused us unnecessary moments of panic. Also, the goalkeeper appears to have a total phobia of clearing his lines by putting his laces through the ball. On one occasion in the first half, he dinked it over the on rushing forward to Hegazi who had a player on his back on the edge of our box. Then he allowed of all people McClean to chase him down block his clearance which fortunately for us landed on top of the net. Both incidents were totally unforced. Indeed anything Stoke had resembling a chance stemmed from us being careless. But, it was a lot better and Gayle's goals were top drawer. Saddo slunk off contributing nothing and the Dingle reject, missed the penalty, so it all worked out ok in the end but we will get punished if this switching off does not stop. COYB.
    Totally Agee with you JD. There are times when Row Z is the correct option. As you say, we created all the chances today, for us and them. We now have this obsession with playing it out from the back. You have to mix it up otherwise the opposition know what to expect and press accordingly. I think something must have been said at half time as we were much better defensively in the second half. Dawson was back to his consistent best which is a huge plus. Still not convinced regarding Bartley. Overall though we were far the better side today and scored two well crafted and finished goals.

Agree JoyD buddy.
    It was pleasing to see the commitment demonstrated by the whole team. I have commented under another thread about the ‘poncing’ issues...better sides will make us pay.
    Still a great 3 points against one of my lost unliked sides !

Nice one JD for starting this thread as I missed today’s game. I landed at Manchester and came down the M6 listening to the game on Radio Stoke.

Unsurprisingly the commentary team were biased beyond belief. The concerns we have have as Albion supporters were soon picked out by them too. They regularly mentioned how unsure we looked at the back and on one occasion said each defender looked as though they could ‘crumble’ when in possession at any moment such was our uncertainty with the ball.

Clearly we’re an incomplete side, Gayle will only get us out of the brown stuff so often, at the moment, if he were to get injured or suspended I’d be really worried.

I’m not sure whether it’s fair or not at this stage to call us a one man team but I’m starting to fear it.

Quote Originally Posted by The Minn Junta View Post
    Nice one JD for starting this thread as I missed today’s game. I landed at Manchester and came down the M6 listening to the game on Radio Stoke.

Unsurprisingly the commentary team were biased beyond belief. The concerns we have have as Albion supporters were soon picked out by them too. They regularly mentioned how unsure we looked at the back and on one occasion said each defender looked as though they could ‘crumble’ when in possession at any moment such was our uncertainty with the ball.

Clearly we’re an incomplete side, Gayle will only get us out of the brown stuff so often, at the moment, if he were to get injured or suspended I’d be really worried.

I’m not sure whether it’s fair or not at this stage to call us a one man team but I’m starting to fear it.
    No way we are a one man team, 7 plus from every player today. Class beginning to show. Dawson taking control of the back 3, he took the ball down under pressure on his chest, you would have never seen that under Pulis.
    Early days,won't be long before we are top.
    Liked the the look of Woods for Stoke.

Quote Originally Posted by soulman101 View Post
    No way we are a one man team, 7 plus from every player today. Class beginning to show. Dawson taking control of the back 3, he took the ball down under pressure on his chest, you would have never seen that under Pulis.
    Early days,won't be long before we are top.
    Liked the the look of Woods for Stoke.
    Loving the confidence Soulman!

As I said I didn’t witness this one, only time will tell.

The reintegration of Dawson will be massive, we all know that. I just hope we can get him to see the season out and not lose him in January as I’ve got zero confidence in him being replaced adequately.

As for Woods, I listened with extra interest today as we were meant to be sniffing around him. From what I heard he really pepped things up for Stoke in the middle at a time when they were struggling.

I don’t want to p1-5s on your bonfire mate as I’m chuffed we won but I think Gayle’s goalscoring exploits are masking over other shortcomings.

Let’s see.

Oh by the way LAI OUT!

I thought we played really well in the 1st half and could and should have been further ahead at half time Barnes missed a great chance and Hegazi managed to put 2 free headers wide(no doubt that was Bartleys fault) 2nd half was different and we dropped deeper and deeper which is dangerous with Crouch in their team and we allowed to many crosses into the box but to be fair our 3 centre half's won most of the important headers, we are by no means the the finished article but I think we are heading in the right direction at the moment it's all about getting results while we settle into the division and the players get used to our new formations and tactics.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)