+ Visit Queen of the South FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Just before kick off today

Just before kick off today

I was standing in a big queue at the turnstile ( old stand side) just before 3pm . Someone at Palmerston panicked and the next thing everyone was waved into the ground through the big exit gate . Now, I'm not suggesting people got in for nothing because everyone had either season or pre paid tickets in this queue. ---------I'll get back to my first point in a minute. I watch the SPL highlights on Sportscene and Rangers / Celtic home gates are always given as sell outs even if there are clearly 20 thousand or so less in the ground than stated . This because season ticket holders are counted whether they are there or not. In fact most clubs do this and it looks good embellishing their attendances --------- Perversely , here at Palmerston , we don't care how many we say are in the ground even if there are far more there than stated . We have already seen the opening day attendance given as 1700 then changed to 2000 a few days later. Whatever figure Qos say will be less than what was actually at the Qos v Ayr game today. I can categorically say that is the truth . I have still got my 3 tickets today intact in my pocket . We have been slated for poor crowds and you are not helping us in the slighest here for our wider public profile. Queens get a frigging grip
    Last edited by JRSLEFTPEG; 01-09-2018 at 05:59 PM.

Ross county are the worst for attendances.Example being a game there when, the "official," attendance was given as 2700 approx.Away support was given as 33.The fact that there was more than 33 on the travel club bus alone and considering there was nearly twice than that, that had travelled up outside thre travel club,just shows how much can be believed by these figures.
    My estimate for this particular game was .officicial support 1400 away support 100

I got let in this gate as well. there were lots of people let in

Quote Originally Posted by sunshineonleith2 View Post
    I got let in this gate as well. there were lots of people let in
    Slightly OT: I can remember, back in the day, being allowed in for free at the big gate on Terregles Street just after half time. As kids in the early 70s it was a great thing. I’d be interested to know if that was just something the club turned a blind eye to.. TBH if we’d had to pay, we’d never have been there. Couldn’t have afforded it.
    Not directly on post I know but I have poignant memories of those days. Probably confributed massively ro my ongoing love of the Queens
    Last edited by louisxiv; 01-09-2018 at 10:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by JRSLEFTPEG View Post
    I was standing in a big queue at the turnstile ( old stand side) just before 3pm . Someone at Palmerston panicked and the next thing everyone was waved into the ground through the big exit gate . Now, I'm not suggesting people got in for nothing because everyone had either season or pre paid tickets in this queue. ---------I'll get back to my first point in a minute. I watch the SPL highlights on Sportscene and Rangers / Celtic home gates are always given as sell outs even if there are clearly 20 thousand or so less in the ground than stated . This because season ticket holders are counted whether they are there or not. In fact most clubs do this and it looks good embellishing their attendances --------- Perversely , here at Palmerston , we don't care how many we say are in the ground even if there are far more there than stated . We have already seen the opening day attendance given as 1700 then changed to 2000 a few days later. Whatever figure Qos say will be less than what was actually at the Qos v Ayr game today. I can categorically say that is the truth . I have still got my 3 tickets today intact in my pocket . We have been slated for poor crowds and you are not helping us in the slighest here for our wider public profile. Queens get a frigging grip
    Do they not just count the stubs from the tickets sold rather than the tickets themselves to get the numbers attending.

Quote Originally Posted by Dobmeister View Post
    Do they not just count the stubs from the tickets sold rather than the tickets themselves to get the numbers attending.
    I guess not because I immediately asked the man involved ( not going to say who it was) how on earth do Queens know what the attendance was and that i would be making enquiries later . He quickly said he was just going to add the ticket stubs to the attendance . He did collect a small amount of ticket stubs of those rushing in but whether or not anything was added to gate is anyone's guess.
    Last edited by JRSLEFTPEG; 01-09-2018 at 11:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bagapapa View Post
    Ross county are the worst for attendances.Example being a game there when, the "official," attendance was given as 2700 approx.Away support was given as 33.The fact that there was more than 33 on the travel club bus alone and considering there was nearly twice than that, that had travelled up outside thre travel club,just shows how much can be believed by these figures.
    My estimate for this particular game was .officicial support 1400 away support 100
    Ross County's attendances have been strange for many years - in fact they had more at their game yesterday (allegedly) than Partick
    Thistle had versus Morton ! !

Very amateurish way of doing this is it not JRS ? You can’t just open up a gate and let people in. I’m guessing the turnstiles at the corner are still not being used on matchdsys ?

If I am going to be diplomatic about it , then football fans do tend to turn up at the last minute to go into grounds . I am.guilty of this as well and even leaving the house ten minutes earlier could make a difference in getting in. Even still , Queens can't be doing what they did on Saturday . I wonder if a spokesman from Palmerston could tell us whether this will be a common policy from now on to get rid of queue's building up outside the ground ?The turnstile behind the Portland Road End has been shut for a while and maybe be staffing issues were the cause of this . If we continue our good run then more people will want to see us so unless something is addressed then it will happen again.9
    Last edited by JRSLEFTPEG; 03-09-2018 at 09:16 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by JRSLEFTPEG View Post
    If I am going to be diplomatic about it , then football fans do tend to turn up at the last minute to go into grounds . I do this as well and even leaving the house ten minutes earlier could make a difference in getting in. Even still , Queens can't be doing what they did on Saturday . I wonder if a spokesman from Palmerston could tell us whether this will be a common policy from now on to get rid of queue's building up outside the ground ?
    Needs sorting out urgently by the Palmerston directors methinks !

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)