+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: That's all Folks!!

Quote Originally Posted by navypie View Post
    Why would you want any Notts fan to " close the door on your way out " ? Surely it would be best to encourage , we after all the few in Nottingham .
    Because he's decided he's had enough. Why should I encourage him to change a decision that is entirely up to him? Apart from that, I'm pretty sure that if we manage to start winning games, he'll soon be back like most of the "I'm going" posters on here.

Come on Centenary. There’s always sunshine after rain. Premier League or Non-League we’re the supporters. Stick with it mate.

Quote Originally Posted by centenarypie View Post
    Today isn't the first time i've left ML vowing never to return but after what I saw today I doubt I will bother again.
    Spineless and lazy, incompetent and dim.
    Pick any combination or all of the above for my verdict of the performance of the majority (not all) of our team.
    When Stead came, despite his age he looked and acted like a pro footballer.

I arrived in anticipation, a new manager to impress, professional pride at stake, surely today was the day?
    Well, NO it wasn't
    If they can't be bothered, why should I?
    You are bothered son ...... that's why you post. As Cher says, it's not pleasant this disease we have, but stick with it, you're not on your own you know.

Quote Originally Posted by Frigiliana Pie 1 View Post
    For Notts fans, optimism springs eternal. If you want evidence of that, just remember the crowd’s behaviour today during the 5-10 minutes following Stead’s goal. Most of us were convinced that despite a performance that had been absolute rubbish, we were about to sneak an equaliser and get away with a jammy draw. Unfortunately it wasn’t to be on this occasion, but we know that eventually we’ll get it right and that it’s worth carrying on supporting until that moment arrives.

I’m certainly not going to give up and I intend being at Meadow Lane when we play our first home game back in League 1 - in the not too distant future.
    Well bl**dy said. Just one thing, I was convinced we were going to go on and win it, rather than sneak a draw

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    Because he's decided he's had enough. Why should I encourage him to change a decision that is entirely up to him? Apart from that, I'm pretty sure that if we manage to start winning games, he'll soon be back like most of the "I'm going" posters on here.
    I would still prefer to encourage our fans to stick with us . But then again, we are all different , you like nothing more than to belittle someone who comes on here and who's opinion differs from yours.

What did Colin call this type of supporter, ah yes Fickle was the word

Quote Originally Posted by Steward View Post
    What did Colin call this type of supporter, ah yes Fickle was the word
    Fickle or not, I would still rather see him down the Lane.

Today isn't the first time i've left ML vowing never to return but after what I saw today I doubt I will bother again.
    Pick any combination or all of the above for my verdict of the performance of the majority (not all) of our team.

I arrived in anticipation, a new manager to impress, professional pride at stake, surely today was the day?
    Well, NO it wasn't
    True supporters will still attend matches whether they win or lose.. its all part of the game..

Quote Originally Posted by SwalePie View Post
    Well bl**dy said. Just one thing, I was convinced we were going to go on and win it, rather than sneak a draw
    I wouldn't say that I was "convinced" but I did at least see the possibility of a win & wouldn't have settled for a draw.

Well, NO it wasn't

Give your head a shek. Fans of clubs like ours, (yes I'm an inbred from up the road) aren't in it for the glory every year, it's because when you were a kid, your old boy took you down to watch and you got hooked on the colours, the atmosphere ,the whole belonging to a club that's always going to be in your DNA when it was easier to be a Red, or a Man U et al.
    If you can walk away then you aren't really a fan, I suspect you are just happiest flouncing off into the sunset, with a half full glass wallowing in mock despair.
    Stick by your team, you aren't going down, it's a few games in for Gods sake.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123