+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Someone's Gotta Say It

Funny how black players at Notts are always cast as “lazy” and white players are “headless chickens”... praps people should concentrate on the underlying issues rather than individuals?

Quote Originally Posted by GranthamPie View Post
    Funny how black players at Notts are always cast as “lazy” and white players are “headless chickens”... praps people should concentrate on the underlying issues rather than individuals?
    The most ridiculous post I have ever read, he's lazy as he doesn't work very hard as seen at Meadow Lane.

Quote Originally Posted by GranthamPie View Post
    Didn't want to say it myself as I've said it before but I'm glad someone else has said it. I alluded to it with my comment about Westcarr, nobody called Ben Davies lazy back then despite him never doing an ounce of defending but Westcarr was apparently lazy. Same with Aborah who did no less than Vaughan has so far and the same with Nathan Thomas who did equally as little defending as Enzio when they both played.

Quote Originally Posted by Freeman25 View Post
    Didn't want to say it myself as I've said it before but I'm glad someone else has said it. I alluded to it with my comment about Westcarr, nobody called Ben Davies lazy back then despite him never doing an ounce of defending but Westcarr was apparently lazy. Same with Aborah who did no less than Vaughan has so far and the same with Nathan Thomas who did equally as little defending as Enzio when they both played.
    Not sure about that, Notts have had black players since the 70s and some are the most popular amongst the fans that we've ever had. For example, Pedro, Benjamin and Chiedozie would all get in to many people's all time XI. And some of the players in their worst XI would include the very white Guy Branston, Hackworth and Ricky Green. And now, look at the treatment Jones is getting.

Having said that, yes, Westcarr was unfairly criticised (maybe due to being a Red) and I think criticising Enzio is premature, given the absolute shambles of the team and its tactics.

It's got nothing to do with his colour , it's got everything to do with the fact Enzio is LAZY and crap . For 300 grand I expected a lot more . He's not alone , none of the new signings have impressed me . Hemmings ( who I believe is black) works his socks off but as also been crap . Dennis as done nothing and the 'is he fit ' thing is wearing thin, he's also been crap. I'm still hoping we can turn things around and come May I'm singing all 3 of their names from the rooftops.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123