+ Visit Doncaster Rovers FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Today’s game

Today’s game

Were do I begin
    Was it the best football we have played in a long time reminded me of the SOD era
    Or was it the vintage performance of coops and butler but it was hard to pick a man of the match as they all had a good game
    Was it how we hit the wood work twice and there keeper with finger tip saves
    But i think the highlight of the day was when fatty Evans and his lip man Raynor got yellow and red cards it’s been along time coming .Today as been one of the better days

Based on Posh's current performance I really thought the game would be a humiliating slaughter. They had scored 15 and only conceded 4. That's an average of scoring 3 goals in every game.

I can't imagine what it was like to be there, it was tense enough following the match online. We ought to have won. For personal reasons, wins over the Posh and the Tykes has special meaning to me.

A win would have been incredible and probably would have pushed people like me off the fence and onto McCann's side (although I am starting to lean that way).

Looks like a great all-round performance, except for the simple matter of finding the back of the net more often (we hit plenty of posts last season too). Their manager looked and sounded flustered and very 'confused' in his after-match summary, and put a poor Peterborough performance down to giving the players 2 days off at the beginning of the week !!! https://www.theposh.com/news/2018/se...oncaster-draw/