+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Stendel And Winkler What's Your Early Impressions ?

Stendel And Winkler What's Your Early Impressions ?

I haven't a scooby do what they are like to work under of course but my gut instinct tells me they are a good fit at this club .

Just something about them suggests we are in capable hands , Stendel kicks every ball in the technical area but he's controlled with it .

They seem very well organised and the players all know their role within the team , we have a style of play and he sticks with the same eleven although it could be argued there isn't anybody on the bench who could improve us as yet .

Goathair might have redeemed himself recruiting these two after the Morais debacle .

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    I haven't a scooby do what they are like to work under of course but my gut instinct tells me they are a good fit at this club .

Just something about them suggests we are in capable hands , Stendel kicks every ball in the technical area but he's controlled with it .

They seem very well organised and the players all know their role within the team , we have a style of play and he sticks with the same eleven although it could be argued there isn't anybody on the bench who could improve us as yet .

Goathair might have redeemed himself recruiting these two after the Morais debacle .

Yeah i'd agree with those early impressions Animal. However, further darn the line when the rug gets pulled from under his feet in January and our valuable players sold it could well be a different story.

Quote Originally Posted by pass_and_move View Post
    Yeah i'd agree with those early impressions Animal. However, further darn the line when the rug gets pulled from under his feet in January and our valuable players sold it could well be a different story.
    That's the worry isn't it pass , everytime we are successful we lose our players to bigger clubs .

Not sure the current HC and staff will accept it as a certain ex HC had to do .

If you look at the German football culture it's totally different from our money oriented game here .

Early signs look good , he’s a typical passionate German football coach in the Klopp Wagner mould. Interesting comments from him yesterday that he wanted more from the crowd when we were struggling. This is the norm in Germany where as English football fans have been turned into consumers who wait to be entertained before making noise.

I like his all out attacking philosophy but we do seem to have this lull now after halftime which needs addressing . I think he’ll fully understand that a third division club will have to sell its best players but as long as the money is reinvested that’s the key.

It could be that the clubs biggest battle will be to keep hold of him rather than the best players if we continue to progress .

Quote Originally Posted by pass_and_move View Post
    Total rubish.
    We have new owners and new management and they are not like the previous team who selt at the drop of a hat.

just too early

Quote Originally Posted by upthecolliers View Post
    Total rubish.
    We have new owners and new management and they are not like the previous team who selt at the drop of a hat.
    Time will tell colliers and I sincerely hope you are right .

Quote Originally Posted by EastStandRed View Post
    Early signs look good , he’s a typical passionate German football coach in the Klopp Wagner mould. Interesting comments from him yesterday that he wanted more from the crowd when we were struggling. This is the norm in Germany where as English football fans have been turned into consumers who wait to be entertained before making noise.

I like his all out attacking philosophy but we do seem to have this lull now after halftime which needs addressing . I think he’ll fully understand that a third division club will have to sell its best players but as long as the money is reinvested that’s the key.

It could be that the clubs biggest battle will be to keep hold of him rather than the best players if we continue to progress .
    Everyone defiantly got very edgy for the last half hour and your thinking same old same old .

The nervousness comes because we all care so much and don't want to see a terrific performance for an hour go to shyte .

Victor and Cam Mac added nothing to the side when they came on which just compounded the situation .

Once the bench becomes stronger I'm hopeful we will see players coming on who will finish the game off positively for us , at the moment we have an eleven and nothing else .

The owners need to stand firm in January , the goal is promotion back to the championship , I understand it's difficult to keep players here who are courted by bigger clubs but the timing of sales is the key for me , top of the league and looking set for automatic promotion only to sell Lindsay , Dougall and Moore in January ain't going to go down well with the HC or the support .

Get promoted first before accepting the inevitable head turning bids would go a long way and ease the pain , the best of two evils if you like .

I'm well impressed so far with the German factor , some outstanding football at times, gives our young player's a chance , not afraid to change things, as ESR has hinted , it may be a problem to keep them here if they achieve promotion at their first attempt, but for now I'm very happy we have them here, it all seems more positive now ,

Quote Originally Posted by upthecolliers View Post
    Total rubish.
    Hope tha reight Colliers. Thing is the new owners have stated on numerous occasions that they will continue to run this club as the previous owner did which means selling off valuable players and replacing them with promising young uns to balance the books and not put us in debt. They said it was one of the best run clubs in the country when they took over, that's what attracted them in the first place so I would suggest strongly that to deviate from the status quo seems very, very unlikely. Like it or not that means selling our best players. We've already seen Bradshaw go and replaced by a young un so why is my previous comment total rubbish?

Their aim is to better the club in other areas whilst keeping to a modest budget, build better facilities, brand the club internationally, improve the academy, build slowly and not do anything crazy. That's their words by the way not mine.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast