+ Visit Sheffield United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Bristol City follower here with local info for saturday week

Bristol City follower here with local info for saturday week

Coming by road.
    Do NOT USE M4/M32 route and don't try to negotiate the roads and streets of Bristol

YOU WILL GET LOST

If you are coming by road use M4/M5 southbound to junction 18(Avonmouth) then follow signs A4 Bristol airport
    It looks the long way round but its quicker.
    Parking is normally in the streets around the area as long as you are there by 12:30pm please don't block drive ways or park on corners.

BUT AND A BIG BUT,could I request you get the train ticket issued to Parson street as it push's up the footfall at the station,and its the same price as bristol temple meads

Till Ashton gate halt comes on line.
    When you approach the ground from the winterstoke road direction I suggest you walk past wickes using the pavement
    as the concourse area behind the big new stand gets very congested with bodies
    UNLESS YOU WANT TO SEE THE JOHN ATYEO STATUE and Wallace from Wallace and gromit series
    Split train tickets are available to Bristol from the London area and group save is also availble on GWR trains,
    but not cross country trains
    If there are at least three of you get a taxi from the Bristol Temple meads to the ground
    Make sure the taxi driver drops you in the Ashton Road end as it a very long walk round from the other end
    or use the brown buses from the bottom of the incline of the station at Bristol Temple Meads
    Casualty and Holby City were filmed in the City don't ask me about either of the programmes cos I think their both rubbish
    The young ones was also filmed in the BS7 area of the City(actually its Bishopston)
    Finally the block of flats on the left behind the dolman stand side as you are in the away end is "the" block of flats in "fools and horses"
    If your into your "STREET ART" there is loads to see in the Ashton area as we have just celebrated the upfest in BS3
    Bring your camera and turn up early if you want to take any photo's
    Pubs possibly best one are in the cumberland road basin area novia scotia pump house and the cottage.
    Leave your car there and walk to the ground
    Buy your match day programme before you enter the away end.
    BBC Radio station is radio Bristol which has frequencies and 94:9 and DAB and 95:5.
    until just before kick off when commentary will be Bristol DAB

In 2017/18 on the last day of the season 1,971 sheffield united fans visited Ashton Gate

A final reminder that there has been no pay on the day for any away fans this season or last season

I don't think that will be changed,so please buy your tickets in advance

Can you please circulate to other sheffield United forums and message boards

as well as other sheffield United followers

If you want any further local info,don't be afraid to ask.

Thx for that info.

I’ll post this on our other two forums cus this one’s dead.