+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 24 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Mike Martin - do the right thing please

What I also find bizarre is the criticism that we have scored fewer goals from open play. Surely scoring from set pieces is an indicator of the work on the training ground paying off in games?

Quote Originally Posted by offshore_arab83 View Post
    i think this is major knee jerk reaction on here

we dropped points against alloa, prior to this we won 2 in a row and things were fine and dandy on here

bipolar dusc
    Shows u how fickle football fans are. For me, despite the last 2 victories, it was clear to see the performances were awful and I still wanted the manager to go. Things certainly weren't fine & dandy in my eyes. The guys ****ing useless.

Yeah, I think the folk who are wanting Csaba gone have been quiet for a couple of weeks. This type of thing is going to go on all season unfortunately.

Quote Originally Posted by tHeArAb View Post
    Shows u how fickle football fans are. For me, despite the last 2 victories, it was clear to see the performances were awful and I still wanted the manager to go. Things certainly weren't fine & dandy in my eyes. The guys ****ing useless.

Correct

Not going to win enough games under Csaba to get us where we want to be, he is so far from what we need it's demoralising

Quote Originally Posted by TerryTheTerror View Post
    Yeah, I think the folk who are wanting Csaba gone have been quiet for a couple of weeks. This type of thing is going to go on all season unfortunately.
    I wanted Shaba to get the summer to build a team. He had that and then used the league cup as a summer friendly. My patience broke with the Pars game, as his tactic of defending a lead was brutally exposed.

TBF we have improved since the opening day, some new players have also joined since. We have key players returning in the coming weeks.

But now? Now I am neither calling for him to get time, nor pushing to have him sacked. The reason is simply that the Club has made it clear he is the solution, that he is staying put. He has survived the recent crisis. It's the same board that told us we were being bought by a consortium, a board which is a replacement of the previous board with several common members.

In summary: I support the team.

i don't particularly like him either but he has assembled a brand new squad and the QoS and Partick game we were good! I wouldnt say performances were awful, thats mega unfair.

Quote Originally Posted by TerryTheTerror View Post
    yup, anytime we drop points it will be - Csaba oot. Win and it will be - that still wasnt good enough

Brand new players in new formations still trying to field our best starting 11. Alot of big players for us still to return too

Quote Originally Posted by offshore_arab83 View Post
    yup, anytime we drop points it will be - Csaba oot. Win and it will be - that still wasnt good enough
    Brand new players in new formations still trying to field our best starting 11. Alot of big players for us still to return too
    This is kinda where I am but I'm hanging on by a thread.

Not fine and dandy here and have not been all season. I知 sure csaba is a nice person but he talks rubbish and his motivation, organisation, subs etc have all been shown to be poor.

We are actually 8 matches in here. League cup is a serious competition for us and always has been and will be.

Last season his record was terrible and we had lots of unacceptable performances and results.

This season we have 3 wins (one against Elgin) out of 8.

Sadly it will be bitter sweet for me all season until csaba is gone. I知 sure most of support feel same. Everyone I know thinks csaba is a disaster.

I値l always support the team but I know deep down that I don稚 think the manager is up to it and the longer he stays the more harm it is doing.

Quote Originally Posted by LSArab View Post
    Not fine and dandy here and have not been all season. I知 sure csaba is a nice person but he talks rubbish and his motivation, organisation, subs etc have all been shown to be poor.

We are actually 8 matches in here. League cup is a serious competition for us and always has been and will be.

Last season his record was terrible and we had lots of unacceptable performances and results.

This season we have 3 wins (one against Elgin) out of 8.

Sadly it will be bitter sweet for me all season until csaba is gone. I知 sure most of support feel same. Everyone I know thinks csaba is a disaster.

I値l always support the team but I know deep down that I don稚 think the manager is up to it and the longer he stays the more harm it is doing.
    It's hard to argue with any of that. But I don't see the board removing him until the table suggests we're in serious trouble. The league table which is all that matters to us in real terms, says LWWD and we are 2 points off the leaders.

If we go forward with eg WLLDWLL (does that spell Willo btw) and find ourselves say 8-12 points adrift of the top then I could see the board acting. But only maybe. And then it will likely be too late. That's the problem.

Offshore says the performances v Partick and QOS were ok, and as many have said Fyvie is due back. He's not going to turn things on his own but the captain back in the side may see us play better stuff.

Page 3 of 24 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)