+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 24 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Mike Martin - do the right thing please

The performance was pretty poor against Alloa and was a slap in the face to the fans like myself who bothered to travel to spectate. They're plastic, narrow pitch was a factor though and an underdog team like Alloa can be dangerous at home. As others have said they may well take points of others at home, hopefully at the likes of Ross county.

What is worrying about the current state of affairs is that Czaba Lazlos command looks likely to get us back into the play off spots yet again. No better, no worse. To convince the board to replace him we would need to do badly enough to let the league title slip out of our grasp. The smart move would have been to get him out after the play off loss to livi at home and give us a chance of getting promoted last season.

Who knows though, if we manage to beat Morton and County we could well be top of the league with fyvie shortly to return.

Quote Originally Posted by offshore_arab83 View Post
    i don't particularly like him either but he has assembled a brand new squad and the QoS and Partick game we were good! I wouldnt say performances were awful, thats mega unfair.
    Really? I thought we were awful vs Partick. Never felt so dejected after a win in my life. Lack of urgency, confidence, a game plan, panicking, players desperate to get rid of the ball instead of picking out a pass. Only when we went 2 up did we start to play with a little bit of belief. This should be installed into the players from the first whistle by the manager and he clearly isn't doing it. That was as bad a performance as McKinnons team was giving when he was sacked.

A tad harsh mate.
    Hate to think what your summary would have been had we lost 3-1.

Reading most of that you'd think we had lost the match!

Just aswell for Paul Watson at set pieces last two games it comes down to as we were utterly toothless otherwise

And yes Partick wasn't a good performance, Partick were the better side in general play for much of it

While id be more than happy for us to be brutal to watch but effective and win most week's, we are certainly not that, we are being brutal to watch, having less of the play than these average sides, being no that threat open play, not creating chances and dropping pts every other week is not going to make anyone happy or get us to the top

Quote Originally Posted by LSArab View Post
    I’ll always support the team but I know deep down that I don’t think the manager is up to it and the longer he stays the more harm it is doing.

I think that's how everyone being honest with themselves feels

Let's see what happens next three league games this month, if we take 7/9 pts that would get this back on track

Quote Originally Posted by SmedDUm View Post
    A tad harsh mate.
    Hate to think what your summary would have been had we lost 3-1.
    Did you think it was a good performance? Did we play with confidence, belief, urgency, as if we were executing a game plan? I didn't see any of that. What I saw was the manager roaring instructions from the touchline and the players not responding. The players playing in the same turgid style that was being played last season. Thankfully Partick were utterly woeful in final third. We could've easily lost that game 3-1 had we been playing a half decent opponent. Guys have taken a false belief from the 2 wins and expected us to go to Alloa and make it 3 yet Alloa have proven capable of playing to a game plan and nullifying any threat we may have had. We couldn't break them down. We didn't even look capable of breaking them down. They are part time yet made us look like the part time team.

I've said it before and I will say it again, I have never liked the guy even when he was at hearts he talks far to much bull****e.

I'm yet to see United play well under him, I'm yet to see a player have confidence playing under him, I'm yet to see him take responsibility for things that are wrong with the performances. Tbh I'm yet to see him do anything that is good.

He clearly believes in his tactics and that's fair enough but as a manager surely you can see that it ain't work and he has to be able to change.

I also still question his business in the transfer window, why sign what 7 or 8 attacking players to play so defensively.

I understand there has been a lot of change in the playing squad and they need to gel, but surely they have done that by now. There is no excuse for the poor performances we have seen so far and I just can't see it changing. I just want to see my team doing well.

The goal that was chopped off against Alloa came from the only quick, attacking and forward thinking piece of play. It cut Alloa in 2 and showed that these players COULD be decent if they were allowed to be more direct. Lazio immediately sought to change that way of thinking by making a substitution. It's the crappy slowing down of play and wee short passes that are killing us. It's alright being able to play a nice neat passing game but we are making it our only option. We lack creativity, and any creative players are getting it knocked out of them. Fraser Aird is a cracking player but you could see how frustrated he was getting at our midfield insisting on slowing play down. We have some decent players but Lazlo is turning them into soulless robots.
    These players need inspired and we haven't got the manager that is capable of doing that.
    I ain't a fan of binning managers all the time but we are ruining footballers at our club....nobody is coming to United anymore knowing that they will get their change to shine and get an opportunity to progress their career. Imagine if we had told Robertson to not try and get up the wing or if we told Armstrong to not have a shot at goals if he got the opportunity.

Quote Originally Posted by shedka View Post
    Just aswell for Paul Watson at set pieces last two games it comes down to as we were utterly toothless otherwise
    To summarise, aside from scoring goals we are utterly toothless?

Page 4 of 24 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)