+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 13 of 24 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast

Thread: Mike Martin - do the right thing please

Quote Originally Posted by PortugueseFrank View Post
    Who do we get in that is a great leader, great motivator and a great tactician all rolled into one?

Honest question.
    I would ask who is a worse leader, motivator and tactician than this clown. Let's take our pick, we're pretty much guaranteed to be better off. He's gone too far now. He's an embarrassment. I want that clown away. Canny even string a sentence together. He got a bit of stick form fans yesterday when we were one nil down and then started squaring up to them as if to say "what were you on about then" when we equalised. We should be beating Morton comfortably at home. Our loss to them at home last season was the first in fifty or so years. Has he no idea how he is dragging our once proud name through the shyte.

I was pro keeping him until Saturday (Although against him being given a summer window after taking us from first to third and then sabotaging us in the home playoff tie against livi). We needed a convincing home performance and he's failed again. Get him tae Phuck. If we cant afford to sack him then gardening leave and let someone with fluent english take over from within the club

We aren't guaranteed to get get better.

Anyone able to give me a candidate available that is a great leader, great motivator and a great tactician all rolled into one?

You want Csaba gone. Replaced with who and why?

Who is your special guy and why?

Who do we get in that is a great leader, great motivator and a great tactician all rolled into one?

Honest question.
    Honest answer? Even one of of those 3 would be an improvement because he has 0 out of 3 imo

Currently I'm not sure who but I would imagine there are several managers who would get more out of this squad than Lazslo is. Short term and long term. Stuart McCall was my choice to follow Jackie Mixu and Ray but he's gone to Scun- thorpe. There are others who would do better than CL, no doubt whatsoever.

We aren't guaranteed to get get better.

Anyone able to give me a candidate available that is a great leader, great motivator and a great tactician all rolled into one?

You want Csaba gone. Replaced with who and why?

Who is your special guy and why?
    Why do we need someone great at these things and special?

Let’s look at the managers who’ve won this league in recent years?

Jack Ross was plucked from Alloa

Lennon was unemployed following sacking down south

Mark Warburton sacked by last 3 clubs.

Robbie Neilson unemployed following sacking down south.

Paul Hartley unemployed having been sacked by Dundee and Falkirk in last 18 months.

Alan Archibald still at Partick but fans calling for his head.

Derek Adams currently bottom of League 1 with Plymouth after 0 wins in 8 games.

Jim McIntyre unemployed after being sacked by eventually relegated Ross County.

Terry Butcher sacked more times than I can be bothered to research.

Ross and Lennon who seem to have something about them aside, you do not need to be a “great motivator, great leader and tactician rolled into one” to win this league. The fact Csaba isn’t even one of those things is what’s holding us back so change is required.

Some current out of work Scottish managers;

Coyle
    Neilson
    McIntyre
    Hughes
    Houston
    Caldwell
    McInlay

All have failures on their CVs and flaws, that’s why they’re available but at this moment in time I’d take any of them over Laszlo. We’re going nowhere under him so what is there to lose?

I’d also look around the Scottish leagues. Naysmith & Goodwin currently doing better than CL comparative to their resources in our division. What about someone who is looking to get into/back into management; James Fowler, Jon Daly or Barry Robson? The place needs a shot in the arm and we won’t get it without change.

Quote Originally Posted by Daly9 View Post
    Why do we need someone great at these things and special?
    Because we want success????

Quote Originally Posted by Daly9 View Post
    Some current out of work Scottish managers;

Coyle
    Neilson
    McIntyre
    Hughes
    Houston
    Caldwell
    McInlay

All have failures on their CVs and flaws, that’s why they’re available but at this moment in time I’d take any of them over Laszlo. We’re going nowhere under him so what is there to lose?

I’d also look around the Scottish leagues. Naysmith & Goodwin currently doing better than CL comparative to their resources in our division. What about someone who is looking to get into/back into management; James Fowler, Jon Daly or Barry Robson? The place needs a shot in the arm and we won’t get it without change.
    "What is there to lose?"

"The place needs a shot in the arm and we won't get it without change."

All sounds a bit change for changes same to me.

I would rather see stability than change for changes sake.

As I've said many times however. Csaba will be gone if he has a run of bad results.

But I'm not keen on the idea of change for changes sake.

I've been one for advocating CL to remain if I'm being honest. That on Saturday was the straw that broke the camel's back for me. Laszlo is bringing consistency to the Club alright - consistent scheite.

Any news on shabba get his jotters
    yet? Hope it’s today

Because we want success????
    Which as I demonstrated can be achieved at this level without Sir Alex in the dugout.

"What is there to lose?"

"The place needs a shot in the arm and we won't get it without change."

All sounds a bit change for changes same to me.

I would rather see stability than change for changes sake.

As I've said many times however. Csaba will be gone if he has a run of bad results.

But I'm not keen on the idea of change for changes sake.
    At this juncture change is an absolute necessity. We have a manager who has averaged 1.6pts per game with almost 3 different teams in under a year. 57-58 points doesn’t win this league. You want success but quite happy to stick with a man who can’t deliver it. Baffling.

Page 13 of 24 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)