+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 6 of 24 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Thread: Mike Martin - do the right thing please

Quote Originally Posted by JamesMcClean View Post
    To be fair Terry that's exactly what Jack Ross did last season, putting together the bulk of his team in the previous January transfer window which subsequently got them out of a right hole and kept them up, with the same team then going on to win promotion.
    So not what I was asking at all then.

Quote Originally Posted by The_Log View Post
    In a word, yes!

It's certainly easier than the clown is making it look
    Fair enough, I think it's too much to ask.

What's also apparent is that employing a manager during a season is a big mistake, especially for the man in question. Fans don't have the patience for it. I'd like to hope if Csaba doesn't get a sensible time frame (not that the are any sign of this) then the best thing to do would be caretaker until the season is finished.

Quote Originally Posted by TerryTheTerror View Post
    Do you really think it's possible to build a championship winning team, almost from scratch, during one summer transfer window?
    Yes. Robbie Neilson did it. Jack Ross did it.

Quote Originally Posted by Whitfieldarab View Post
    Know what you're saying and agree but we're going to have to put up with seeing poor football and loads and loads of set piece goals for and against us, it's indicative of the league we're in unfortunately.

My biggest gripe is that we have the players to be a step ahead of the rest but like most other posters we don't have the manager. I honestly don't think the players respect him.
    I accept that we are gonna see poor football, but if we had a manager worth his wedge, then we have the players that are a step ahead of all but one team in this league. But yet again we are a good on paper side because of the manager and his relationship with the players!

The worst thing for me is i have seriously lowered my expectation of our abilities, but we aint even good enough to meet that expectation!

Quote Originally Posted by tHeArAb View Post
    Yes. Robbie Neilson did it. Jack Ross did it.
    Someone else replied saying Jack Ross did it but then explained that, actually, he didn't.

Quote Originally Posted by offshore_arab83 View Post
    i think this is major knee jerk reaction on here

we dropped points against alloa, prior to this we won 2 in a row and things were fine and dandy on here

bipolar dusc
    Fans of all clubs are like that
    I don’t like shabba but if he got us promoted I would be quite happy to kiss his ass

True but not all fans are like that.

Someone else replied saying Jack Ross did it but then explained that, actually, he didn't.
    That's a bit disingenuous TTT. The point I'm making is that Jack Ross completely overhauled an ailing squad in a single transfer window and with little to no further changes effectively then won a championship and a half thereafter. The point is that it CAN be done in a single window. If the window he rebuilt things in had been in the summer rather than the January window the result would have been the same. FWIW though, I'm not convinced punting CL is the right answer either as I have stated on other posts. We can't keep punting, punting, punting. BUT, at the end of the day it is a results based business..........................

Ross made 12 signings in the summer of the last year and 5 in January. Only Davis, McGinn and. Smith from the previous January window played for them for the bulk of last year. Pretty much to the number, exactly the same number of signings/players from last season, as us this year.

We beat St Mirren at the start of last season, just as well he never got punted after that then.

Page 6 of 24 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)