+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 24 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Mike Martin - do the right thing please

Mike Martin - do the right thing please

Two weeks until the next league game, now is the time

Let's not have this nonsense drag on all season, where we get a couple of wins (wins we should be getting regular in this league), try and see the reality that our manager is not of a standard that this club requires

There are much better managers out there right now who would come and instantly get better out of this squad and season who will end up at other clubs if you don't act now (Neilson, Houston, Hopkins etc)

This season trundling on as it is will be on you and your position will becone untenable like your predecessor because you chose to somehow stick by a dud of a manager that no one I know thinks should still be our manager, we all *know* he should have been punted months ago

Admit you are wrong and do what's right for DUFC and everyone associated with us

This will fall on deaf ears. The break won’t help either and for the next couple of weeks we will have to endure the rumblings of the mad man as he justifies to himself and imaginary friends that he doing a fine job.

Have you ever considered that the right thing for the club may not be what you think it is?

There is not much margin for error in this situation. If we fail to get promotion again then it will be disaster for club.

Unfortunately having csaba there is like driving with the brake on. We have an impediment in that he is not the best person to motivate or organise our team.

We are not winning the league with csaba. The sooner we act the better

Can't agree more with shedka, casaba should have gone months ago. Every other manager that we have had recently has been given smaller budgets and been shown less loyalty than this clown. Any sign that they were failing in their target they were gone. What's different with this hopeless ****. Why did he sign all these attacking players to play defensive tactics.

TTT what do you see in this guy that no one else does. You on his payroll as a cheerleader.

Sorry TTT I totally get that changing manager after manager is nt the best for the club, bt that does mean that we have to put up with the negative inept machinations of a diluded mad man.

This is an unforgiving league where if you don’t create and take your chances you will get punished. Yest’s an example of this. We will nt win this league by scoring a goal on the break and then defend the narrow lead. We will be lucky to make the play off with this mentality. There has to be a change and soon. I give him until end of October and that’s being generous.

Quote Originally Posted by TerryTheTerror View Post
    Have you ever considered that the right thing for the club may not be what you think it is?

Yes, but not in this case as it's clear Csaba isn't the right person for us

We are Dundee United, this is not good enough, this is the start of year three in division fun, we are playing defensive negative tactics every week, causing zero threat from open play, with a squad that's more than capable of doing better, embarrassing

You must be the only person along with Portuguese Frank that thinks csaba is getting the best out of what he has across every forum (mad, teks, east, p&b), does anyone you know think we should stick with Csaba as that's what's best for promotion chances?? No one I know does that's for sure

Truth is had we won y'day (& we were 10 minutes away from picking up 3 points) there wouldn't be any of these 'clown out' posts today. It would have been 9 points out of 9, bring on the Morton, the squad is beginning to knit, the injured players will soon be back too. Having said that we were barely worth the one point y'day.

So how do we manage this rock & a hard place? Impossible I reckon. Would the clown outers take 3 bad results v Morton, Falkirk & Ross County to force the board's hand. Your Neilsons, Houstons & Hopkins would be brought in with us in the bottom half of the league with every likelihood that the new boss would be no better that the current situation. And there is plenty evidence to support this possibility.

So we pick up 7 points out of 9 in our next three league games & the board's continuity policy is vindicated. But somehow you just know it's going to be 4 points out of 9 & we'll be no further forward in knowing whether to stick or twist.

So it's going to be a funny old season & btw there will be 8 other teams dropping points at the Rec.

While i fully believe that Shabba has no hope in hell of getting us up.........

From listening to a number of people, i believe that Shabba is not under pressure at any point in the season if the league continues as is. Should we loose a number of games, then the situation will be looked at again. I would even go as far to say that making the play offs and not getting up at the end of this season will not be regarded as failure either. Missing the play offs is a failure.

My understanding of where we are just now is that with ST away, the last 2 seasons down here are forgotten, and the new regime have a starting point where every new target stems from that point. However, if their first target was 6 wins out of the first 9, then i cannot see us attaining that considering we still have Morton, Ayr, ICT, County and Falkirk away to play.

One thing i am 100% sure of is that this will be a long hard season where i have doubts that Fyvie will even be able to save us! Cmon and prove me wrong lads!

Quote Originally Posted by SmedDUm View Post
    So how do we manage this rock & a hard place? Impossible I reckon. Would the clown outers take 3 bad results v Morton, Falkirk & Ross County to force the board's hand.
    The way we are playing just now, i cannot see us gaining full points in those games. Morton are a complete unknown, Falkirk has never been easy for us down there, and Ross County, along with ICT look to be the biggest threats to our success. Seen as we have to get wins out of all of those fixtures, you just know what will happen!

Page 1 of 24 12311 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)