+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 19 of 24 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 ... LastLast

Thread: Mike Martin - do the right thing please

Quote Originally Posted by PortugueseFrank View Post
    I think we would get Play-offs with Laszlo at the least.

He just needs to get this unbeaten run to continue with wins.
    So aim low and hope we get lucky?

Quote Originally Posted by Arabdownsouth View Post
    That's quite disturbing 😂😂
    Depends how hungry you are

Quote Originally Posted by ringostARAB View Post
    So aim low and hope we get lucky?
    No.

Aim high, work hard and hope for the best.

If we had gone with the Mike Martin /ttt /frank method back in 2006 then we'd never have experienced the Levein/Houston years as we'd have stuck with Brewster because we'd had quite a few managers in a short time

Aiming high is no use under a useless manager that can't produce the results we require to get back to where we should be, this calendar year under Laszlo is so far from acceptable for DUFC results wise it's bordering in ridiculous, both in league results and cups results

The warning signs were there when a rancid Hartley led Falkirk side (their worst period in years after good times under Houston) hit us for six followed by subsequent unacceptable home defeats to morton and queens and more recently failing to beat alloa or arbroath at home

What is Shabba's stats now
    Wins \ Draws \ Losses?
    It can't be good!

Quote Originally Posted by Jim_Jam View Post
    What is Shabba's stats now
    Wins \ Draws \ Losses?
    It can't be good!
    17/12/13

Even though his reserve side have been pumped?

Btw St Mirren went up having lost to us under Csaba. A stackable offence for Jack Ross?

Reality is that we are 2 points off the pace

So why is everyone panicking?

It's for those wanting a change of manager to explain why being 2 points off the pace with 32 games to go is untenable.
    There is panic as we are watching games and the team are like headless chickens when they get out of their own half. the team is not getting any better and certainly not looking like challengers. More like journeymen. Fyvie makes a difference obviously but theres not much to assist him. Stanton maybe but theres not alot to be excited about in the squad after signing so many. I refuse to boo at the games but i am booing inside. I just want to see something to get optimistic about. 90 minutes travel for 90 minutes of guff and then 90 minutes back. Why?

No.

Aim high, work hard and hope for the best.
    Keeping the clown is just hoping for the best. Nothing else.

Quote Originally Posted by ringostARAB View Post
    Keeping the clown is just hoping for the best. Nothing else.
    Giving the man his chance is the right thing to do and (as I've said many times) if he gets bad results he will be for the sack as I ultimately don't think the current board will prove to have as much patience as I do.

So those that expect things to be ****e just need to wait a couple more weeks.

If the negative predictions come true then he will be off. If not then it's cause he is winning.

Unique experience for a considerable section of the United fan base just now not knowing whether they want the team to win or lose.
    I think we could be heading for a Raymondesque 'two defeats on the bounce does it' scenario.
    And if the rest of the league keep drawing games we wouldn't be falling far behind.

I'm firmly in the two wins camp btw. We must all be. Surely.

Page 19 of 24 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)