+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: On a positive note

Quote Originally Posted by tarquinbeech View Post
    On a positive note......after yet another shambolic Notts display on iFollow, I attempted to drown my sorrows in a tiny Mexican back-street bar, about a mile away behind my land here.

I was sinking my 2nd beer whilst waiting for the owner to load my truck up with 72 litres of Indio (the beer prices are cheaper in the bars here than the local Walmart-Asda, so I always load up the Lobo while I'm there).....when I spotted Chucky Lozano, the Mexican star striker playing for PSV in Holland......wow......what followed had me completely enthralled and revived my faith in "the beautiful game"

Breath-taking football, that left me shaking my head in amazement, especially having just endured 90 minutes of Meadow Lane torment....I know, I know, I shouldn't compare the two, apples and oranges and all that malarkey, but the basic rules are the same...pass and move, run into space, tackle like you mean it...shoot at the onion-bag...it ain't rocket surgery.

11 minutes of pure bliss, the first goal is incredible....PSV v Willem

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=72V9UAdE2Sg
    It wasn't "another shambolic Notts display on iFollow" mate . It was at Meadow Lane and I was unfortunate enough to be there ! You still a fan of Enzio by the way?

Quote Originally Posted by navypie View Post
    It wasn't "another shambolic Notts display on iFollow" mate . It was at Meadow Lane and I was unfortunate enough to be there ! You still a fan of Enzio by the way?
    I take it your still no fan of Enzio ? While I agree that he is not the best at chasing back for me he is the one highlight of the season so far, if you take him out of the side the attacking threat is zero, it's a game of opinions & talking with the "vaping crew" yesterday Enzio, much like Aborah a couple of seasons back, certainly divides opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by ancientpie View Post
    I take it your still no fan of Enzio ? While I agree that he is not the best at chasing back for me he is the one highlight of the season so far, if you take him out of the side the attacking threat is zero, it's a game of opinions & talking with the "vaping crew" yesterday Enzio, much like Aborah a couple of seasons back, certainly divides opinion.
    No I ain't . If we had signed the kid from Ilson I would say lets give him a chance. FFS , he cost a club like ours 300 grand and as been useless . Oh yeah, he scored a great goal against Cambridge but how long is he gonna dine out on that? He needs to be dropped sharpish.

ps, Thanks for asking me politely ( something I admit I don't always do myself ) ancient , something Elite is incapable of and telling me what the vaping crew think.
    Last edited by navypie; 02-09-2018 at 02:47 PM.

No I ain't . If we had signed the kid from Ilson I would say lets give him a chance. FFS , he cost a club like ours 300 grand and as been useless . Oh yeah, he scored a great goal against Cambridge but how long is he gonna dine out on that? He needs to be dropped sharpish.

ps, Thanks for asking me politely ( something I admit I don't always do myself ) ancient , something Elite is incapable of and telling me what the vaping crew think.
    No probs mate, we are all entitled to an opinion, for what it's worth I still believe most of the "nastiness" on this board originates in political differences & just carries through to football threads, I tend to avoid political threads & "touch wood" I have always been treated with respect even when disagreeing with folk.

You seem to be in the minority about Enzio.

Quote Originally Posted by ancientpie View Post
    No probs mate, we are all entitled to an opinion, for what it's worth I still believe most of the "nastiness" on this board originates in political differences & just carries through to football threads, I tend to avoid political threads & "touch wood" I have always been treated with respect even when disagreeing with folk.
    That's where I have a problem with you ancient - you are really, really, really difficult to dislike!

ps Westcarr was a class act, tracked back and covered in an intelligent way that a few seemed to miss.
    Aborah was bone idle and a waste of a shirt.
    Enzio is a genuine asset who has never struck me as lazy, he just doesn't seem to know where he should be playing.

Sorry, but suggesting that skin colour plays a part when judging a player is a concept I just can't get my head around.

Oh yeah, he scored a great goal against Cambridge but how long is he gonna dine out on that? He needs to be dropped sharpish.
    He also has two assists to his name and won the freekick we scored from against Lincoln, meaning that of the 6 goals we have scored this season, he has contributed to OVER HALF of them AND he won the penalty against Yeovil that Hemmings missed.

He also put the cross in on opening day after some nice wing play that Dennis should have buried and laid a chance on a plate for Jon Stead against Cambridge that hit the side netting in a move he started on the half way line and would have made the game 2-2.

I'll reiterate, Enzio Boldewijn is the best attacking player we have by a country mile and is the absolute least of our problems. Calling him a luxury player is ridiculous when he quite clearly is worth his place in the side due to the above evidence, without him we would have zero attacking threat, we would have 2 goals to our name this season without him in the side.

If you want to name a luxury player then by all means name David Vaughan or Noor Husin because neither of them have so far contributed anything meaningful to the team.

If you want to name a liability then name any of the back four or goalkeeper as none of them are fit to wear the stripes bar Tootle imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Freeman25 View Post
    He also has two assists to his name and won the freekick we scored from against Lincoln, meaning that of the 6 goals we have scored this season, he has contributed to OVER HALF of them AND he won the penalty against Yeovil that Hemmings missed.

He also put the cross in on opening day after some nice wing play that Dennis should have buried and laid a chance on a plate for Jon Stead against Cambridge that hit the side netting in a move he started on the half way line and would have made the game 2-2.

I'll reiterate, Enzio Boldewijn is the best attacking player we have by a country mile and is the absolute least of our problems. Calling him a luxury player is ridiculous when he quite clearly is worth his place in the side due to the above evidence, without him we would have zero attacking threat, we would have 2 goals to our name this season without him in the side.

If you want to name a luxury player then by all means name David Vaughan or Noor Husin because neither of them have so far contributed anything meaningful to the team.

If you want to name a liability then name any of the back four or goalkeeper as none of them are fit to wear the stripes bar Tootle imo.
    I was going to reply to my mate Navy about Enzio....but this post suffices......nice one

We're shipping 3 goals a game home and away. Let's blame a winger

Quote Originally Posted by SolSigns View Post
    We're shipping 3 goals a game home and away. Let's blame a winger
    Love it !! as they say it's funny coz its true ! x

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast