+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: On a positive note

On a positive note

After Sheridan’s era came Nolan
    We were a shambles and only going in one direction
    He managed to turn things around and save us from relegation
    Now After the Nolan era we are heading in the same direction
    Enter harry
    So why can’t he turn things around eh
    I’ve gotta admit though he has one hell of a job on his hands but let’s give him a chance

Its Harry Houdini not Kewell we need

Because the last manager was happy with that crap defence. that as been there two years .notts will go down January will to late.

Quote Originally Posted by irishpete View Post
    Its Harry Houdini not Kewell we need
    Will one mangar be enuff? We need Kewell AND his gang and then MAYBE, there'll be a celebration.

Kewell is a better coach than Nolan who relied on Thomas, I take an optimistic view than he can turn our season around and have us mid table by Christmas. A good January transfer window could see us have a very good second half of the season.
    Last edited by Oldstripy; 02-09-2018 at 09:36 AM.

On a positive note......after yet another shambolic Notts display on iFollow, I attempted to drown my sorrows in a tiny Mexican back-street bar, about a mile away behind my land here.

I was sinking my 2nd beer whilst waiting for the owner to load my truck up with 72 litres of Indio (the beer prices are cheaper in the bars here than the local Walmart-Asda, so I always load up the Lobo while I'm there).....when I spotted Chucky Lozano, the Mexican star striker playing for PSV in Holland......wow......what followed had me completely enthralled and revived my faith in "the beautiful game"

Breath-taking football, that left me shaking my head in amazement, especially having just endured 90 minutes of Meadow Lane torment....I know, I know, I shouldn't compare the two, apples and oranges and all that malarkey, but the basic rules are the same...pass and move, run into space, tackle like you mean it...shoot at the onion-bag...it ain't rocket surgery.

11 minutes of pure bliss, the first goal is incredible....PSV v Willem

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=72V9UAdE2Sg

Whilst I’m not suggesting Kewell is the answer to our problems, he has much longer to turn it around than Nolan did.
    We shouldn’t need to sign any more players to move up the league.
    A lot of fans are writing off the current squad as not good enough to get out of this mess, and it’s simply untrue.
    Kewell has got to find a way to motivate these guys and get them playing as a unit.
    The ability of this squad isn’t the issue, it’s the application!

Quote Originally Posted by countygump View Post
    Will one mangar be enuff? We need Kewell AND his gang and then MAYBE, there'll be a celebration.
    Get you're coat 😊😅

The difference between success and failure in professional sport is minimal. We can all see defencei is our main problem, but confidence is shot. Just after we scored our goal yesterday,even with only 10 men, we actually looked half decent.

Quote Originally Posted by gozzie321 View Post
    The difference between success and failure in professional sport is minimal. We can all see defencei is our main problem, but confidence is shot. Just after we scored our goal yesterday,even with only 10 men, we actually looked half decent.
    "defencei " , expect a visit from der spelling police.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast