+ Visit Cambridge United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Morpeth 5 Wisbech 2

I thought Arnold was a dog ,not a small town in nowhere.

It was close 6-5 on pens. Good game. The road back to Ely from Wisbech is totally unspoiled. Upwell, just outside Wisbech, has a main street with a river alongside. Gorgeous. I looked up house prices, and in the wisbech area towards Littleport property is dead cheap. There is a three bedroomed house with two and a half acres for 280,000£.
    Detached houses are the price of a semi in Ely, with grounds. I am seriously tempted.

It sounds nice Frank and I would love to live by the riverside but I would a always be worried about flooding,is that why the houses are so cheap,I always think about those poor people who had their houses ruined by that flood that was so bad there was goldfish in Utds ground,if I hadn't seen photos of it I wouldn't have believed it

That's ^^^^^^ Carlisles ground not Cambridges (to scared to try and edit it)

Quote Originally Posted by cocopops61 View Post
    It sounds nice Frank and I would love to live by the riverside but I would a always be worried about flooding,is that why the houses are so cheap,I always think about those poor people who had their houses ruined by that flood that was so bad there was goldfish in Carlisle Utds ground,if I hadn't seen photos of it I wouldn't have believed it
    Sorted

You are quite right Chalky, the Ouse comes down from the Wash which will eventually return the Fens to the sea if the sea rises enough. Cambridge will have a beach. There is a village north of Cambridge called Waterbeach, and another one called Landbeach, where the bogs ended in past millenia.
    Im sure modern engineers could prevent that though probably.
    There is a duck sanctuary at Welney, ive been to it. Wild Ducks come from all over the world, and flock there. You pay to get in, it has a shop and a museum, then you go into a hide, and a man comes out with a bucket to feed the ducks.

You only do this once.

Anyway, i could afford a big house with substantial grounds anywhere along that stretch, and it is a possibilty, we are looking to move again in this area in about 3-4 years. By the time the Fens get flooded again, i will have been gone a very long time. Getting flooded is not a consideration.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)