+ Visit Blackburn Rovers FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Bad day at the office.

Quote Originally Posted by robinrover View Post
    It would of been nice to have a easier team sandwiched inbetween but it is what it is
    Many will look at our past 6 and say we played mainly teams that are deemed easier.
    The true test is to come
    Would I take 4 points now from the next 3 absolutely yes I would.
    Me too!
    I would be quite happy with three draws!
    On the other hand, this might be quite a good time to be playing Villa, as their confidence will be a bit down.
    Oddly, they've played four of the same teams as us.

If we have a tough few games, then they need support, and people to stick with them.
    It works both ways.
    Its very easy to support a side who win every week. It takes a lot to stay with one that has it tough for a while.

To be fair, we lost on Sun.
    We lost to Charlton (in a game where we had just won promotion 3 days before so it didn't count)
    And we lost away to Plymouth in Feb.

So we should be really critical here, its a disaster. We cant keep losing like this, once every few months on average.

Forget all the wins and the positives. They go out of the window.
    Lets just concentrate on losing one game of football.

I had Villa down as losing 4-1 on Saturday?
    I wonder if their fans are all worried about us being really strong and wanting to get back to winning ways?

Ah of course, silly me. This doesn't apply to us.

Ahhh but champs the losing isn't bothering me but the manner we lost is
    Yes expecting us to continue unbeaten is ridiculous but we honestly looked a little uninterested in spells of the game
    We do this against villa and we will be made to pay.
    I can't imagine villa fans are that worried about us they are quite an arrogant bunch.
    The world owes us a favour type

Ahhh but champs the losing isn't bothering me but the manner we lost is
    Yes expecting us to continue unbeaten is ridiculous but we honestly looked a little uninterested in spells of the game
    We do this against villa and we will be made to pay.
    I can't imagine villa fans are that worried about us they are quite an arrogant bunch.
    The world owes us a favour type

I think they are bothered. You don't go months and months without losing for it to not hurt. We have raised the standards, and found ways of getting results. For such a long period, including the first 5 games this season.

If you where asked pre-season for you expectations, you and anyone else would have taken our solid start.
    Its football, you have to take the rough with the smooth.

That is very true champs I along with many would have taken what we have on the board but I am purely looking at our next bunch of games and they are far from easy
    Potential to find ourselves dropping
    Of course if we dust ourselves off and get into villa early doors then who knows
    Both teams have to kick into gear it's whichever one takes the game by the scruff of the neck
    I expect a real scrappy affair just hope we have lady luck dancing with us that night.

That is very true champs I along with many would have taken what we have on the board but I am purely looking at our next bunch of games and they are far from easy
    Potential to find ourselves dropping
    Of course if we dust ourselves off and get into villa early doors then who knows
    Both teams have to kick into gear it's whichever one takes the game by the scruff of the neck
    I expect a real scrappy affair just hope we have lady luck dancing with us that night.
    Get Dack back. Williams will likely play.
    Bennett will be refreshed. Armstrong will be fitter, and Reed will have had time to train with us and integrate himself. I don't think you can ever look at a set of fixtures on paper and predict that far in advance that we will get nothing from those games. Unless Owen Coyle is in charge. Like you couldn't say with any degree of certainty we will go onto win this set of easy looking fixtures. If we aren't 100% or we suffer badly with injuries, then I expect some of the better sides to take full advantage. Bristol City are a decent side. If we play 100% and have everyone absolutely on it, then I think we can give most sides a decent game. And we should fear nobody.
    On another day they go in 2 or 3 goals up at HT on Sunday and everything looks different. But we hit the post. We miss a one on one. We let them back in. We most certainly did not go down and get a mauling. The scoreline flatters to deceive. And we did actually have an off day.

Quote Originally Posted by champs95 View Post
    If we have a tough few games, then they need support, and people to stick with them.
    It works both ways.
    Its very easy to support a side who win every week. It takes a lot to stay with one that has it tough for a while.

To be fair, we lost on Sun.
    We lost to Charlton (in a game where we had just won promotion 3 days before so it didn't count)
    And we lost away to Plymouth in Feb.

So we should be really critical here, its a disaster. We cant keep losing like this, once every few months on average.

Forget all the wins and the positives. They go out of the window.
    Lets just concentrate on losing one game of football.
    Champs - you are being paranoid. I can see no sign of this mass negativity - except from the weird ones who have always been negative about Mowbray.
    Commenting on the failings in one particular match is perfectly legitimate, in the same way that praising good features is.
    As for the big picture, I feel you have been dismissive of some of the other clubs.
    Robin's point that this is going to be a tough season doesn't show negativity on his part; it's a realistic, objective summary. You often talk as if Dack is the best player in this Division, and Mowbray the best manager. I just think those are massive claims.
    One of the reasons I like the Championship is that there are going to be lots of close, competitive games. As I said, Millwall looked superb against us for the opening quarter.
    It doesn't make sense to me, however, for you to ping every comment that isn't 100% positive.

In the championship every game is winnable I think. No need to target games like in the prem. Every game is loseable too of course, but all part of the ride..!

Quote Originally Posted by Saxo1man41 View Post
    In the championship every game is winnable I think. No need to target games like in the prem. Every game is loseable too of course, but all part of the ride..!
    Exactly right. You might get teams playing for draws at the business end of the season, but very few are going to slip into that cautious mode just yet.
    That makes for better games too.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)