+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 27 of 41 FirstFirst ... 17252627282937 ... LastLast

Thread: Devlins red card

That new ground worked a treat for Coventry

Quote Originally Posted by curvasud View Post
    So how much do you think it's worth per year? Stadium sponsorships are probably better marketing than shirt sponsorships and especially in this league. You can, or I can anyway, probably recall all the sponsored stadium names there are. Surely it will be the first new training ground and stadium together in the UK for a long time if not ever? Plenty chance for helicopter shots while the commentators w-nk over what a complex the 'xxxxxx' is.

Coventry got £10m for 10 years of 'Ricoh arena'. The top of England are around £150m-400m and the sums in America now are similarly enormous.

Present ourselves as a serious venture to American companies rather than a gimmick and I'd think it should be no problem at all.
    We play in a league with little exposure outside the UK. I can't think of any American company with an advertising budget willing to spunk a load of cash on having their name associated with a ground on the very outskirts of Aberdeen. If this stadium goes ahead it'll leave Aberdeen in a shedload of debt for decades to come and there's absolutely no way it'll come in on a budget of 50 million for everything unless the stadium is some cheap thrown together thing. I honestly can't believe so many people are getting behind our chairman on this project. The boys been an absolute disaster for us.

So how much do you think it's worth per year? Stadium sponsorships are probably better marketing than shirt sponsorships and especially in this league. You can, or I can anyway, probably recall all the sponsored stadium names there are. Surely it will be the first new training ground and stadium together in the UK for a long time if not ever? Plenty chance for helicopter shots while the commentators w-nk over what a complex the 'xxxxxx' is.

Coventry got £10m for 10 years of 'Ricoh arena'. The top of England are around £150m-400m and the sums in America now are similarly enormous.

Present ourselves as a serious venture to American companies rather than a gimmick and I'd think it should be no problem at all.
    As I've said before, naming rights are payable over a period of time so doesn't help with up front construction costs, they still need to be funded in a different way. Using your example Ricoh paid £10M over 10 years for naming rights.

As to how much, remember that at the time Coventry were a Championship club (so in a bigger market for the sponsor) and the facility covered not just the stadium (50% bigger than ours) but also conference centre, hotel, shopping centre, gym etc etc - so would we get the same value - who knows?

Bolton are going into administration this week. Their out of town state of the art ground hasn’t help them move forward

Quote Originally Posted by redday1903 View Post
    We play in a league with little exposure outside the UK. I can't think of any American company with an advertising budget willing to spunk a load of cash on having their name associated with a ground on the very outskirts of Aberdeen. If this stadium goes ahead it'll leave Aberdeen in a shedload of debt for decades to come and there's absolutely no way it'll come in on a budget of 50 million for everything unless the stadium is some cheap thrown together thing. I honestly can't believe so many people are getting behind our chairman on this project. The boys been an absolute disaster for us.
    Abso fvcking lutely.....

Quote Originally Posted by Mason89 View Post
    Bolton are going into administration this week. Their out of town state of the art ground hasn’t help them move forward
    Im going away to see them at Middlesbrough in two weeks. They better hold on and nae go tits

Totally agree on the £40m budget as I think I previously said.

But I'd say £2/3m less than £10m would be a sackable offence for whoever was in charge of getting the money.

It's a brand spanking new stadium and training ground. £600k a year for 15 years is absolutely FCK all to any serious company's advertising budget, nae even worth a reasonably high ranking person's salary.

But you have to take into account what any company will get out of it. Scottish football is run for two clubs and the TV exposure is basically away season tickets for their fans. There's absolutely nothing to be gained by a multi national company having their name on a team like ours stadium. The best we could hope for is a local or scottish company paying a pretty small amount for the privilege. I would doubt very much any company in the current financial world to see a big investment in the naming rights of a scottish football ground as a worthwhile spend.

Totally agree on the £40m budget as I think I previously said.

But I'd say £2/3m less than £10m would be a sackable offence for whoever was in charge of getting the money.

It's a brand spanking new stadium and training ground. £600k a year for 15 years is absolutely FCK all to any serious company's advertising budget, nae even worth a reasonably high ranking person's salary.
    whats all this got to do with Devlin red card?

But you have to take into account what any company will get out of it. Scottish football is run for two clubs and the TV exposure is basically away season tickets for their fans. There's absolutely nothing to be gained by a multi national company having their name on a team like ours stadium. The best we could hope for is a local or scottish company paying a pretty small amount for the privilege. I would doubt very much any company in the current financial world to see a big investment in the naming rights of a scottish football ground as a worthwhile spend.
    I think we may as well wait and see. Loads of big names here for absolute nothing clubs in nothing countries - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o..._sports_venues

Page 27 of 41 FirstFirst ... 17252627282937 ... LastLast