+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 41 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Devlins red card

BBC Sport reporting we have appealed the red card

Quote Originally Posted by RED_JOHN View Post
    It was very decent...this international tv subscription has been a good thing (except for the Dundee match). Worth the £120. Also saves me a trek. My main concern though is that I may end up losing my boohing skills as I only keep them for the real match day experience.

What about yourself...decent reception?
    The booing skills got a really thorough work out on Saturday, missed opportunity there.

What red card? That wasn't a red card EVER!

I'd prefer that they investigated the cheating c unt who gave it.

Questions needing answered about that decision, because I can think of at least 5 reasons that wouldn't normally be a sending off:

- Devlin was fouled first, and worse
    - Brophy went down theatrically after minimal contact
    - Players were level, including Logan, a pacy defender who could easily have caught Brophy
    - Defenders almost always get the benefit of the doubt when it's as vague as that, especially a few minutes into the game.
    - 50 yards out is not a goal scoring opportunity

I find it hard to see this as an honest mistake. Thomson saw what he wanted to see, a chance to be the most important man on the park. He completely ruined the afternoon for over 10,000 paying customers by a piece of stupid self-indulgence.

It's preposterous that he will suffer no repercussions.

Quote Originally Posted by DollyLongstaffe View Post
    Questions needing answered about that decision, because I can think of at least 5 reasons that wouldn't normally be a sending off:

- Players were level, including Logan, a pacy defender who could easily have caught Brophy
    - Defenders almost always get the benefit of the doubt when it's as vague as that, especially a few minutes into the game.

I find it hard to see this as an honest mistake. Thomson saw what he wanted to see, a chance to be the most important man on the park. He completely ruined the afternoon for over 10,000 paying customers by a piece of stupid self-indulgence.

To sum up, it was “The Craig Thompson Show”

The booing skills got a really thorough work out on Saturday, missed opportunity there.
    Yeah, was pretty much directed at the ref though

The c unt should be fined! It's what i hate about fitba that these corrupt fkrs won't face any repprecutions

Quote Originally Posted by ByeByeScum2012 View Post
    BBC Sport reporting we have appealed the red card
    I said after the Morelos decision, it’s open season. (I wonder on reflection if his kick at McKenna kick started his injury)

Since the there’s been Brown and Naismith (how they were not cited I do not know)
    Dicker
    And now Devlin (its almost enough to be paranoid and think it was to “balance out over a season” the Dicker decision.
    Add in McGregor should have been red carded yesterday.

They must be glad of the international break.

Who’s going to be unlucky because of refereeing decisions next game?

I was under the impression that a red card would not be rescinded unless the appeal panel felt that there was a clear and obvious error by the ref.

In this case , Thompson ain't going to admit he was wrong , mainly because it's impossible to prove that he did get it wrong.

Devlin DID tug Brophy's top , so he can justify giving a free-kick for that

And , assuming that Thompson thought that if Devlin hadn't fouled Brophy he would probably have been able to run in on goal , maybe even getting in to the penalty box and in a position to shoot , one-on-one against the keeper, without any other defender being able to get any sort of legitimate challenge in, then I think he can justify that , as it's not clear from the video clip that another defender would definitely have been able to get a challenge in.

However , I don't know exactly what the grounds for appeal are , or the standard of proof required by the panel. I'm maybe giving them more credit than they deserve in even suggesting that they might be concerned by that sort of detail. And given the appeal panel's decision about Morelos the hvn's red card against us , it might still be worthwhile for us to gamble on an appeal.

And all that said , it's obvious we've had an unbelievably raw deal from Thomson here. I reckon at least at least 99 times out of a hundred (or 100 times out of a 100 in the bigot-fest) , at that stage of a game , that'd be no more than a yellow card. And that could easily be justified by the ref saying that he thought that another defender would have been able to get across to get a challenge in on Brophy before he had a clear goal-scoring opportunity
    Last edited by redstarfk; 03-09-2018 at 10:55 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by afc1903mad View Post
    I said after the Morelos decision, it’s open season. (I wonder on reflection if his kick at McKenna kick started his injury)

Since the there’s been Brown and Naismith (how they were not cited I do not know)
    Dicker
    And now Devlin (its almost enough to be paranoid and think it was to “balance out over a season” the Dicker decision.
    Add in McGregor should have been red carded yesterday.

They must be glad of the international break.

Who’s going to be unlucky because of refereeing decisions next game?

There's also the Gerrard outburst. Never mind that McGregor staying on the park (and no pen) was by far the worst mistake the referee made. Never mind that they were completely outplayed and deserved to lose more heavily. Never mind that the error made would not lead to a goal more than about 1 time in a hundred. A clear signal has been sent: you make a mistake that costs Sevco at your peril, because we have the clout to make life unpleasant for you.

Despite Morelos, despite McGregor, the surviving impression among the Orcs will be that they are getting a raw deal from refs. You can rely on the Weegia to play on that mood.

Do I believe that Gerrard was as outraged as he pretended to be, or that he thought it cost them the match? No, I don't. I think he's coldly and deliberately ramping up the emotions that will make refs too nervous to referee Sevco games objectively.

Meanwhile our manager, after being on the end of genuine injustice, stays pretty much tight lipped. He lost it for a bit on Saturday, but then bit his tongue. He knows Aberdeen managers who step out of line in the criticism of refs are not a protected species. McGhee tried complaining about referees and we we're suddenly getting players sent off for trivial offences every second game.

It boils down to one thing: they're not scared of us, but they are terrified of the Orcs.

Page 3 of 41 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast