+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 41 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Devlins red card

Quote Originally Posted by DollyLongstaffe View Post
    There's also the Gerrard outburst. Never mind that McGregor staying on the park (and no pen) was by far the worst mistake the referee made. Never mind that they were completely outplayed and deserved to lose more heavily. Never mind that the error made would not lead to a goal more than about 1 time in a hundred. A clear signal has been sent: you make a mistake that costs Sevco at your peril, because we have the clout to make life unpleasant for you.

Despite Morelos, despite McGregor, the surviving impression among the Orcs will be that they are getting a raw deal from refs. You can rely on the Weegia to play on that mood.

Do I believe that Gerrard was as outraged as he pretended to be, or that he thought it cost them the match? No, I don't. I think he's coldly and deliberately ramping up the emotions that will make refs too nervous to referee Sevco games objectively.

Meanwhile our manager, after being on the end of genuine injustice, stays pretty much tight lipped. He lost it for a bit on Saturday, but then bit his tongue. He knows Aberdeen managers who step out of line in the criticism of refs are not a protected species. McGhee tried complaining about referees and we we're suddenly getting players sent off for trivial offences every second game.

It boils down to one thing: they're not scared of us, but they are terrified of the Orcs.
    We're terrified of the orcs as well. That's a bigger issue we can actually do something about.

We need to start dealing with our own ****e.

Quote Originally Posted by redstarfk View Post
    I was under the impression that a red card would not be rescinded unless the appeal panel felt that there was a clear and obvious error by the ref.

In this case , Thompson ain't going to admit he was wrong , mainly because it's impossible to prove that he did get it wrong.

Devlin DID tug Brophy's top , so he can justify giving a free-kick for that

And , assuming that Thompson thought that if Devlin hadn't fouled Brophy he would probably have been able to run in on goal , maybe even getting in to the penalty box and in a position to shoot , one-on-one against the keeper, without any other defender being able to get any sort of legitimate challenge in, then I think he can justify that , as it's not clear from the video clip that another defender would definitely have been able to get a challenge in.

However , I don't know exactly what the grounds for appeal are , or the standard of proof required by the panel. I'm maybe giving them more credit than they deserve in even suggesting that they might be concerned by that sort of detail. And given the appeal panel's decision about Morelos the hvn's red card against us , it might still be worthwhile for us to gamble on an appeal.

And all that said , it's obvious we've had an unbelievably raw deal from Thomson here. I reckon at least at least 99 times out of a hundred (or 100 times out of a 100 in the bigot-fest) , at that stage of a game , that'd be no more than a yellow card. And that could easily be justified by the ref saying that he thought that another defender would have been able to get across to get a challenge in on Brophy before he had a clear goal-scoring opportunity
    Your applying common sense and consistency.
    We've not seen that from the appeals panel so its hard to predict what the outcome will be.
    Worth the effort though

It'll be interesting though given the history

Morlelos (SevCo) - violent kick off the ball - appeal upheld
    Brown (Septic) - deliberate elbow - compliance officer deemed nothing to see here
    Naismith (Hearts but at the same game as the Brown incident) - stamp on Hayes - compliance officer deemed nothing to see here
    Dicker (Kilmarnock) - Genuine attempt at the ball - Appeal rejected (OldCo / NewCo ref involved)

So how will this instance for Devlin be viewed?

Quote Originally Posted by afc1903mad View Post
    Your applying common sense and consistency.
    We've not seen that from the appeals panel so its hard to predict what the outcome will be.
    Worth the effort though

It'll be interesting though given the history

Morlelos (SevCo) - violent kick off the ball - appeal upheld
    Brown (Septic) - deliberate elbow - compliance officer deemed nothing to see here
    Naismith (Hearts but at the same game as the Brown incident) - stamp on Hayes - compliance officer deemed nothing to see here
    Dicker (Kilmarnock) - Genuine attempt at the ball - Appeal rejected (OldCo / NewCo ref involved)

So how will this instance for Devlin be viewed?
    Officiating is a mess in this country. Throw in the Partick "goal" at the weekend as well and it's an utter sh1tshow. Just got to hope you aren't on the wrong end of it.

We got a bit of luck with the Morelos one for me - I didn't think it's much at all, it used to be players could have little flicks at each other and niggles and just get a talking to/yellow - now the demands are straight red cards? I saw the Richarlison "headbutt" down south a few weeks back, he literally flinches his head. Duncan Ferguson would have been banned for life in todays game!

So for me we got lucky with Morelos, and unlucky Saturday with Devlin. God knows how the appeal goes, there is no consistency in anything with Scottish football.

Quote Originally Posted by DollyLongstaffe View Post
    There's also the Gerrard outburst. Never mind that McGregor staying on the park (and no pen) was by far the worst mistake the referee made. Never mind that they were completely outplayed and deserved to lose more heavily. Never mind that the error made would not lead to a goal more than about 1 time in a hundred. A clear signal has been sent: you make a mistake that costs Sevco at your peril, because we have the clout to make life unpleasant for you.

Despite Morelos, despite McGregor, the surviving impression among the Orcs will be that they are getting a raw deal from refs. You can rely on the Weegia to play on that mood.

Do I believe that Gerrard was as outraged as he pretended to be, or that he thought it cost them the match? No, I don't. I think he's coldly and deliberately ramping up the emotions that will make refs too nervous to referee Sevco games objectively.

Meanwhile our manager, after being on the end of genuine injustice, stays pretty much tight lipped. He lost it for a bit on Saturday, but then bit his tongue. He knows Aberdeen managers who step out of line in the criticism of refs are not a protected species. McGhee tried complaining about referees and we we're suddenly getting players sent off for trivial offences every second game.

It boils down to one thing: they're not scared of us, but they are terrified of the Orcs.
    Imo, this post is pretty much spot on. It's quite obvious to me that Gerrard has been provided tutoring by Traynor in using the media that they speak to for intimidation of both opponents and referees. We know from experience that this is a tactic that the original club from Iprix used for years, and now its ba5tard spawn is turning the screws to stop this ten-in-a-row. For those of us in the North-East is easy to forget the climate of fear that reigns on the west-coast for journalists or referees that commit a perceived injustice against either of the gruesome twosome.

They're drawing the wagons round Snake Mountain and rallying the hordes (expect to see similar incidents to the Osijek street-dancing in the future). We need brave management & players but it needs to be led from the top. Unfortunately, when Milne (and then Considine) spoke of needing a strong 'Rangers' (RIP) whilst Duncan Skinner and Craig Brown allow themselves to be filmed drinking (indeed drinking from it at all) from the Loving Cup, it gives the impression of us rolling down our collective trousers and bending over...

Angry

Quote Originally Posted by Stavros39 View Post
    The c unt should be fined! It's what i hate about fitba that these corrupt fkrs won't face any repprecutions
    Just Seen highlights on Sportscene on iPlayer never a red card never a free kick for the 1st goal

Quote Originally Posted by ByeByeScum2012 View Post
    BBC Sport reporting we have appealed the red card
    The fact nobody expects this contemptible red card to be automatically overturned just shows how poorly the authorities in this country are viewed - a viewpoint all bought entirely on themselves by their own actions. The complete lack of transparency in their processes also does not help in the slightest.

When Harvey Price can get away with a kick like that on McKenna and the boy Dicker cannot get his red card overturned for a nothing tackle, it’s no surprise that none of us have any confidence in justice being done.

If the appeal fails - a strong possibility let’s be honest - then we should come out all guns blazing. The fact we won’t is also a sad indictment on the club. We don’t help ourselves a lot of the time - we really don’t....

I honestly think if the appeal's unsuccessful it might be the last straw for me.
    The game's been bent in this country for as long as I can remember.
    But something as overt as this, on top of everything else that's gone on, it really would just make you think what's the point?
    If I wanted to put cash into something fixed I can subscribe to that American wrestling.

Quote Originally Posted by The_Moog View Post
    The fact nobody expects this contemptible red card to be automatically overturned just shows how poorly the authorities in this country are viewed - a viewpoint all bought entirely on themselves by their own actions. The complete lack of transparency in their processes also does not help in the slightest.

When Harvey Price can get away with a kick like that on McKenna and the boy Dicker cannot get his red card overturned for a nothing tackle, it’s no surprise that none of us have any confidence in justice being done.

If the appeal fails - a strong possibility let’s be honest - then we should come out all guns blazing. The fact we won’t is also a sad indictment on the club. We don’t help ourselves a lot of the time - we really don’t....
    That's true but remember what happened to us when McGhee and Willie Miller spoke out about refereeing?

It was open season on us for about a month to six weeks, we got done over left, right and centre.

When it comes to fitba this country is a vile banana republic.

All guns blazing won't do it though. The power structure in the game here is what it is, and we step out of line we get it in the neck. The only real chance we had to change things was the 11-1 in Sevco's absence, and Milne phuucked it up for every club side but two. I'm surprised fans outside the gruesome twosome don't treat us as pariahs on the back of that. We deserve it.

As fans our options are suck it up or opt out. I seriously don't blame former Pittodrie regulars who thought phuck it, the games a bogey, I'm finding something else to do. Their response makes more sense than mine.

I'd have been happy to see and support a boycott of the club until such times as the board reflects the views of the fans on the Sevco issue. Ideally with the support of fans of other "provincial" clubs. It's never going to happen though.

Quote Originally Posted by InversneckieDob View Post
    That's true but remember what happened to us when McGhee and Willie Miller spoke out about refereeing?

It was open season on us for about a month to six weeks, we got done over left, right and centre.

When it comes to fitba this country is a vile banana republic.
    Absolutely true, but again, that’s all our own fault - along with all the other non cheek clubs.

The supine, subservient and spineless way we (and others) conduct ourselves in all our dealings with the SFA & the cheeks means we get all we deserve.

The 11-1 vote decision by Milne was utterly shameful and a total disgrace. I agree the other clubs and their fans have let us off lightly there. In a long litany of horrendous decisions and actions by the Alford Neep, that’s probably the most unforgivable of the lot.

The bottom line is our leadership (and the other non cheek clubs to be fair) are happy with the scraps from the table. Sad and pathetic really....

Page 4 of 41 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast