+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 25 of 41 FirstFirst ... 15232425262735 ... LastLast

Thread: Devlins red card

Quote Originally Posted by curvasud View Post
    I can't work out if the stadium will be a rip roaring success attracting the nu age families, or if in fact as a club we have hit our peak fans - I mean really, who on top the 14-15,000 wasn't going when we were winning 7-2 at home - and it'll entirely be down to people not being f*cked to go. Because people are lazy *******s and I guarantee hundreds if not thousands won't be arsed with the journey after they've seen it a few times. Will they be replaced I don't know.
    I’d agree with you, our average attendance is unlikely to be higher with the stadium move.
    We’ve never filled out Pittodrie regularly even in Fergies day.
    So success is not a conduit we are likely to see for much more increased attendances.

I think we will lose some fans if/when we move, but I think that some new fans may be enticed to come along and stay.
    I doubt we’ll see any significant changes to the support levels.

Quote Originally Posted by donsdaft View Post
    If they are replaced it'll be by folk going for the bouncy castles, nae the fitba.

Good luck getting them to turn up in February, on a Tuesday night against Motherwell.

Nobody really wants to go to those games but people do, more out of habit than anything else.

Break that habit for them by knocking down Pittodrie and you are taking one hell of a risk.
    Correct. That is why some clubs invest ludicrous sums in staying in their centrally located stadiums. I mean why have Tottenham spent £1billion on that mind bogglingly complex location, chopping down half their stadium first, and burning down nearby businesses to get rid of them, for a crazy sized stadium? Arsenal sort of did the same with 6 hectares. Liverpool cleared their neighbourhood. These clubs could have moved fccking anywhere and it probably wouldn't have made a difference in some monetary sense, but there's obviously a massive value to some part of it.

Quote Originally Posted by curvasud View Post
    Correct. That is why some clubs invest ludicrous sums in staying in their centrally located stadiums. I mean why have Tottenham spent £1billion on that mind bogglingly complex location, chopping down half their stadium first, and burning down nearby businesses to get rid of them, for a crazy sized stadium? Arsenal sort of did the same with 6 hectares. Liverpool cleared their neighbourhood. These clubs could have moved fccking anywhere and it probably wouldn't have made a difference in some monetary sense, but there's obviously a massive value to some part of it.
    So why oh why can't our "successful" chairman not see this?

I am pretty certain this could actually kill the club as we know it.

Hope to hell I am wrong.....

I think my favourite part of the whole process, was when Aberdeen consulted that expert in new stadiums & he said the golden rule was not to build it 2 miles further out than the existing stadium. The fans won’t travel. Then the club completely ignored it.

The arrogance of the club & some of the support on this is staggering. It’s f*cking insane

Quote Originally Posted by Mason89 View Post
    I think my favourite part of the whole process, was when Aberdeen consulted that expert in new stadiums & he said the golden rule was not to build it 2 miles further out than the existing stadium. The fans won’t travel. Then the club completely ignored it.

The arrogance of the club & some of the support on this is staggering. It’s f*cking insane
    I'm going to pop up with my usual comment, which is chill out about the new stadium.

Banks are not lending to football clubs any more in Scotland so given we have at least £25M of funding to find (more likely to be £35M given construction inflation and the usual major project overruns) hands up who thinks S Milne Esq is going to put his hand in his pocket to fund the majority of that funding gap? If not him then who?

Quote Originally Posted by awafaehame View Post
    So why oh why can't our "successful" chairman not see this?

I am pretty certain this could actually kill the club as we know it.

Hope to hell I am wrong.....
    Pittodrie now makes Pittodrie from 10 years ago seem like Boca Juniors. If they get it wrong and build that shiite Bristol tribute we'll enter unchartered territory of sanitised football.

Quote Originally Posted by Red Zone View Post
    I'm going to pop up with my usual comment, which is chill out about the new stadium.

Banks are not lending to football clubs any more in Scotland so given we have at least £25M of funding to find (more likely to be £35M given construction inflation and the usual major project overruns) hands up who thinks S Milne Esq is going to put his hand in his pocket to fund the majority of that funding gap? If not him then who?
    Isn't the funding going to come from naming rights and selling Scott McKenna?

I'll say though I don't think there's a problem with the funding if it costs £40m. It's very understandable if you break it down.

£40m

£15m Pittodrie
    £10m for very long term naming rights
    £10m share issue
    £5m mortgage

And/but if the stuff planned is delivered for that price it would be a fking spectacular achievement. So it'll be scaled back to fk, even from the out of date non-future proofed shiite it is now.

Only if we sell McKenna for £25M!!!

My understanding on other naming rights deals is that the payments are an annual amount over a defined period of time so not cash up front that we need to fund a construction project. So instead of 100 rowies up front from Aitken's all we get is a bag of 10 rowies each year over the first twenty years of the Aitken Rowie stadium

If it's going to be The Fanny Pad Arena then I presume the payments will be monthly.

Page 25 of 41 FirstFirst ... 15232425262735 ... LastLast