+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 41 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: Devlins red card

Quote Originally Posted by afc1903mad View Post

Morlelos (SevCo) - violent kick off the ball - appeal upheld
    Brown (Septic) - deliberate elbow - compliance officer deemed nothing to see here
    Naismith (Hearts but at the same game as the Brown incident) - stamp on Hayes - compliance officer deemed nothing to see here
    Dicker (Kilmarnock) - Genuine attempt at the ball - Appeal rejected (OldCo / NewCo ref involved)

So how will this instance for Devlin be viewed?
    How will Alan McGregor be dealt with will also be interesting

Quote Originally Posted by DollyLongstaffe View Post
    All guns blazing won't do it though. The power structure in the game here is what it is, and we step out of line we get it in the neck. The only real chance we had to change things was the 11-1 in Sevco's absence, and Milne phuucked it up for every club side but two. I'm surprised fans outside the gruesome twosome don't treat us as pariahs on the back of that. We deserve it.
    Even more surprising, there was barely a whimper from our own fans over that shameful episode.

Quote Originally Posted by The_Moog View Post
    Absolutely true, but again, that’s all our own fault - along with all the other non cheek clubs.

The supine, subservient and spineless way we (and others) conduct ourselves in all our dealings with the SFA & the cheeks means we get all we deserve.

The 11-1 vote decision by Milne was utterly shameful and a total disgrace. I agree the other clubs and their fans have let us off lightly there. In a long litany of horrendous decisions and actions by the Alford Neep, that’s probably the most unforgivable of the lot.

The bottom line is our leadership (and the other non cheek clubs to be fair) are happy with the scraps from the table. Sad and pathetic really....
    We are a bunch of ****e bags. Happy with the scraps, content with winning nothing and ecstatic signing Christie on loan.

Once we get our own house in order we should then complain properly about all the other ****e that goes on.

Quote Originally Posted by Jussi View Post
    Even more surprising, there was barely a whimper from our own fans over that shameful episode.
    It's true. I'm nowhere near as hypercritical of Milne as many on here, there's been good in among the bad, but that single act on its own is enough for me to put him in the category as the worst thing ever to happen to our club (although the "strong Rangers" **** is almost as bad.) Fans should have been demonstrating outside the stadium in large numbers making it clear that we would not tolerate the future of our club being sacrificed to Milne's small-minded conviction that everything of value can be measured in pounds, shillings and pence.

Quote Originally Posted by Pacman1903 View Post
    How will Alan McGregor be dealt with will also be interesting
    Same as Brown / Naismith.
    Nothing to see here. Move along.
    Concentrate on the Devlin situation, which we will reject to keep focus away from that “minor” misdemeanour all part of that high profile game

Absolutely no chance it will be overturned. It would be if it was a cheek player, not that they would have got a red card in the first place.

Quote Originally Posted by Jussi View Post
    All this arselicking was far too much for me, having barely missed a match for over 35 years I very seldom go along now.
    Don't get me wrong I still have a great love for my team but just can't bring myself to go along and part with my hard earned cash after all the stuff that Milne has said and done, his back door support of the Huns really boils my piss, I have emailed the club previously and voiced my opinions, which was mostly telling them that they had prostituted themselves for no reason except for massaging the egos of the two ugly sisters.
    Maybe some day when Milne leaves I will get back to normal and again take up my choice of attending home and away games again.
    Milne Oot!!!!!!!!

From the FIFA rulebook...... a player interferes with play or an opponent and denies the opposing team a goal or an obvious goal-scoring opportunity is guilty of a sending-off offense. The following must be considered:

* distance between the offense and the goal (it was barely in our half FFsake)
    * general direction of the play (down the wing from circa the HT line - nae flying into the 18 yard box)
    * likelihood of keeping or gaining control of the ball (probably needs 4 or 5 perfect touches before he can even think about a shot)
    * location and number of defenders (Logan was at worst going to shut off the angle and at best get a block/tackle in)

From looking at the SFA appeals process and the previous decision docs, the obligation is on the club to prove that their was an obvious refereeing error. Despite the obvious dubiety about this meriting a red, I wouldn't be surprised if the ref and lino both confirm their justification for a red with some woolly bolox to cover the above points to get the appeal thrown out.

Interesting observation from the Morelos appeal was the revelation that the lino who flagged the offense admitted in his appeal submissions to only having a restricted view. Convenient that ehh. That coupled with the lack of a reaction from McKenna apparently justified the downgrade to a yella' for unsporting behavior.

Where did you get the details about morelos appeal process bpdon?

Quote Originally Posted by mondo_notion View Post
    Where did you get the details about morelos appeal process bpdon?
    You can read the Morelos appeal decision here : https://www.scottishfa.co.uk/media/4...al-morelos.pdf

You can probably also expect a copy and paste of this one following Devlins appeal : https://www.scottishfa.co.uk/media/4...eonians-fc.pdf

Page 5 of 41 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast