+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 6 of 41 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Thread: Devlins red card

Quote Originally Posted by bpdon View Post
    You can read the Morelos appeal decision here : https://www.scottishfa.co.uk/media/4...al-morelos.pdf

You can probably also expect a copy and paste of this one following Devlins appeal : https://www.scottishfa.co.uk/media/4...eonians-fc.pdf
    that decision is mental. The force used is excessive as there is no need or justification to use any force whatsoever, i.e. he shouldn't be kicking people. To say the force used is not excessive suggests that you can kick anyone you like, as long as it is not too hard. Presumably this must also apply to headbutts, eye gouges etc

Quote Originally Posted by donsman View Post
    that decision is mental. The force used is excessive as there is no need or justification to use any force whatsoever, i.e. he shouldn't be kicking people. To say the force used is not excessive suggests that you can kick anyone you like, as long as it is not too hard. Presumably this must also apply to headbutts, eye gouges etc
    Outrageous! .... fit's next? ...

"Honest ref, Ah didna grab his goolies, Ah wis jist checkin him ower for testicular cancer!"

Kickin oot needs tae be punished .... even if it's a 'fresh air swipe' and maks nae contact .... it's worse than divin'!

Quote Originally Posted by NaeMairNeeps View Post
    Outrageous! .... fit's next? ...

"Honest ref, Ah didna grab his goolies, Ah wis jist checkin him ower for testicular cancer!"

Kickin oot needs tae be punished .... even if it's a 'fresh air swipe' and maks nae contact .... it's worse than divin'!
    Not sure it's worse than divin but what matters is the rules. IF a kick out is a red card then there shouldn't be debate about severity. Beckham's kick out on Simeone was one of the 'girliest' things i have ever seen in fitba and Simeone's reaction was embarrassing as fck but there was never a debate at the time that Beckham had to go.

Quote Originally Posted by DonUnder View Post
    Not sure it's worse than divin but what matters is the rules. IF a kick out is a red card then there shouldn't be debate about severity. Beckham's kick out on Simeone was one of the 'girliest' things i have ever seen in fitba and Simeone's reaction was embarrassing as fck but there was never a debate at the time that Beckham had to go.
    Yup, exactly - it just encourages poovery. Had McKenna flailed about like he had been shot, it would have been hard for the panel to accept this was petulant nibble instead of the initial charge of violent conduct.

Quote Originally Posted by bpdon View Post
    Yup, exactly - it just encourages poovery. Had McKenna flailed about like he had been shot, it would have been hard for the panel to accept this was petulant nibble instead of the initial charge of violent conduct.
    I said earlier, in reflection was the kick the catalyst for McKenna's injury?
    Certainly looked like the kick was to his hamstring

Quote Originally Posted by afc1903mad View Post
    I said earlier, in reflection was the kick the catalyst for McKenna's injury?
    Certainly looked like the kick was to his hamstring
    In a word, no.
    Hamstrings don't tear due to a kick.
    It's something that occurs if the hamstring is overstretched and/or fatigued.

When is devlins appeal heard?

Quote Originally Posted by Stavros39 View Post
    When is devlins appeal heard?
    It's tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by RedStarTorphins View Post
    In a word, no.
    Hamstrings don't tear due to a kick.
    It's something that occurs if the hamstring is overstretched and/or fatigued.
    I get that, but still wonder if the kick pushed it closer to fatigue breaking point or tightened the muscle meaning more prone to being overstretched.
    I'm not a medical expert, but it could have potentially made an impact.

Quote Originally Posted by mondo_notion View Post
    It's tomorrow.
    Really wow that's quick. I'll be raging if it's not over turned

Page 6 of 41 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast