+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Out of contract player

Quote Originally Posted by Don_Corleone View Post
    Forget signing more defenders - we've got defensive players coming out of our ears at the moment - once those who are injured return we'll have too many and they'll be getting shoe horned into the team making us even more dull and defensive than usual. I don't actually know how we can fit all these defensive players in as it is.

Logan Devlin McKenna Lowe
    Gleeson Shinnie

Leaves you with Hoban, Considine, Ball, Ferguson, Campbell not getting a game. Ball was actually playing quite well in the 2 and Ferguson has been excellent but I'd say he's probably better suited to defensive midfield where he can drive forward than the 10 role, as he's not the kind who's going to unlock defences.

If we're signing anyone who's out of contract it must be an attacking midfield option - probably a winger. I think McGinn's best position is probably going to be more central now in the 10 role, and I get the feeling both Ross and Wright (particularly) are going to be better in the 10 role than out wide as well. The St Mirren game aside when Wright and GMS were electric, we've been totally devoid of creativity.
    I agree that if we bring someone in it has to be in an attacking role. In the meantime and until Wright is back from injury I really think we need to move away from a 4231 formation as we don't have anyone to play the 10 role effectively plus I don't think Ferguson fits in the "2" or the "3". We are far too defensive when Shinnie, Ferguson and Gleeson play in the same midfield. I would play a 442 formation and depending if McGinn can recover his form, if Wilson is fit and interested or possible if May plays better with another striker (like he did with McLean at St J) I would line up something like this

Lewis
    Logan Devlin McKenna Lowe
    McGinn/Ross Shinnie Ferguson GMS
    Anderson Wilson/May

Quote Originally Posted by RedStarTorphins View Post
    Unlikely.
    Devlin might not miss any games if the SFA are fair.
    McKenna will be back after St Johnstone game maybe.
    Isn't McKenna back for the St Johnstone game?

I see Sevco signed that geriatric ex WBA centre half McAuley

Quote Originally Posted by Feck_the_Huns View Post
    Isn't McKenna back for the St Johnstone game?

I see Sevco signed that geriatric ex WBA centre half McAuley
    Hmmm, doubtful I’d have thought.
    6 weeks after SEVCO game is 16th Sept.
    Hopefully fit & Devlin available.
    Then Considine can be dropped,
    They might give McKenna another week to make sure he’s ok especially if Devlin is fit.

A defence of Ball & Considine at St Johnstone means we’ll likely have to score a few to offset what we lose.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12