+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tuesday v Grimsby Checkatrade for £5 live on iFollow - UK punters

Tuesday v Grimsby Checkatrade for £5 live on iFollow - UK punters

Yes you lucky punters.....in an effort to ease the "Notts County blues", the Samaritans have successfully lobbied the EFL to provide the Notts v Grimsby game, live on iFollow for the measly price of a £5 note.

Reasons to click the Game Pass button

1) Houdini's protege, Aussi Kewell, is using this game to explain the footballing basics to Notts players, young and old....pass to each other, move up the pitch towards the oppo onion-bag....fire the round thing in the net....when not in possession of round thingie, stop oppo from kicking it in our net....simples...eek

2) For those on suicide watch, statistically nobody has ever stuck their head in a gas oven after a loss in the Checkathingie.....your safe....just to be on the safe side though, go outside and turn off the gas in the road, then superglue shut the access panel

3) Amongst the still-smoking embers of this years Promotion Challenge Campaign, we might still find a nugget of future talent.....a new keeper?.. someone who knows how to keep the pesky oppo players from scoring?..a Yates-like midfield nutter intent on GBH?.....you lucky punters can be the ones to say "I remember the night we first spotted the lad....it was a miracle"

4) You can call me a liar, with conviction, when I tell MAD that "Notts played a blinder", on the Match Ratings thread.....you could of course still call me a liar without watching the game, but that wouldn't be cricket old boy!

If I think of any more reasons to log on, FOR £5, I will post these as I contemplate The Meaning of Life under my favourite palm tree....I normally get my best ideas around about my 6th pint.....toodles

NOTE - International punters, the Checkatrade is included as a freebie in your season ticket, no idea of the price for a Day Pass though, as when I click the button I get a message saying "Tarquin, this game is free to you, as you are our most valued and revered customer....keep up the advertising campaign on MAD"
    Last edited by tarquinbeech; 02-09-2018 at 05:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by tarquinbeech View Post
    Yes you lucky punters.....in an effort to ease the "Notts County blues", the Samaritans have successfully lobbied the EFL to provide the Notts v Grimsby game, live on iFollow for the measly price of a £5 note.

1) Houdini's protege, Aussi Kewell, is using this game to explain the footballing basics to Notts players, young and old....pass to each other, move up the pitch towards the oppo onion-bag....fire the round thing in the net....when not in possession of round thingie, stop oppo from kicking it in our net....simples...eek

2) For those on suicide watch, statistically nobody has ever stuck their head in a gas oven after a loss in the Checkathingie.....your safe....just to be on the safe side though, go outside and turn off the gas in the road, then superglue shut the access panel

3) Amongst the still-smoking embers of this years Promotion Challenge Campaign, we might still find a nugget of future talent.....a new keeper?.. someone who knows how to keep the pesky oppo players from scoring?..a Yates-like midfield nutter intent on GBH?.....you lucky punters can be the ones to say "I remember the night we first spotted the lad....it was a miracle"

4) You can call me a liar, with conviction, when I tell MAD that "Notts played a blinder", on the Match Ratings thread.....you could of course still call me a liar without watching the game, but that wouldn't be cricket old boy!

If I think of any more reasons to log on, FOR £5, I will post these as I contemplate The Meaning of Life under my favourite palm tree....I normally get my best ideas around about my 6th pint.....toodles

NOTE - International punters, the Checkatrade is included as a freebie in your season ticket, no idea of the price for a Day Pass though, as when I click the button I get a message saying "Tarquin, this game is free to you, as you are our most valued and revered customer....keep up the advertising campaign on MAD"
    Cheers for that tarkers, my lad is back from Ireland Tuesday lunchtime . If he finds out he could have watched Notts and I tried to make out I didn't know , I'm fcuked . £ 5 it is.

Quote Originally Posted by navypie View Post
    Cheers for that tarkers, my lad is back from Ireland Tuesday lunchtime . If he finds out he could have watched Notts and I tried to make out I didn't know , I'm fcuked . £ 5 it is.
    That makes three of us watching the game then.....you bring the own-label cider-glider, I'll bring the nibbles......make sure the gas is disconnected....I get emotional!

That makes three of us watching the game then.....you bring the own-label cider-glider, I'll bring the nibbles......make sure the gas is disconnected....I get emotional!
    Cider, not for me mate, can't speak for the little man.

cider- glider , hope I haven't missed something there. Sure the board bully Elite will jump in if I have.
    Last edited by navypie; 02-09-2018 at 05:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by navypie View Post
    cider- glider , hope I haven't missed something there. Sure the board bully Elite will jump in if I have.
    Board bully??? You would have to be a total 100% wimp if you ever feel bullied by me.

What's that saying about 'if the cap fits'?

Does that mean people outside of the UK can't watch this one?

Probably for the best...

Give your £5 to charity instead of supporting PL B teams. This competition is a disgrace.

Quote Originally Posted by slack_pie View Post
    Does that mean people outside of the UK can't watch this one?

Probably for the best...
    Please read the final paragraph entitled "International punters"........my slightly sunburnt gammon face will be pressed up against my computer screen here in Mexico, in feverish anticipation of giving the Cod Army a footballing lesson from our 2nd team, who I'm reliably informed is far superior to that motley crew of misfits that took the field on saturday.

Maybe, on reflection, I'm over-selling what is in effect a reserve team fixture?

Quote Originally Posted by ncfcog View Post
    Give your £5 to charity instead of supporting PL B teams. This competition is a disgrace.
    Agree. I used to be one of the 1,200 or so who went to the home games but vowed never to attend a game in this farce of a competition once Premiership B teams were included. Even if we got to Wembley I wouldn't be tempted to attend in the slightest.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast